Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Outage Slogan

Author Topic: Outage Slogan  (Read 63933 times)

Offline fritzon

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Outage Slogan
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2007, 04:26 »
Diablo's was the nice lady on her back, with "What a Pair!" as the slogan..  Banned 1st day I wore it to P.Verde..  or the Tres Amigos, which wasn't a term of endearment.  Also, Louis came up with Tuxedo T's with "Your trash is our cash" for the rad waste group...
Those who will not defend their freedom, have no right to live in a free society.

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:37 »
How about this one, early 90's at Davis-Besse.

Theory Of Relativity

If You Aint
Related
You Can’t
Work Here!

It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:38 »
FBI--father, brother or in-laws.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

LaFeet

« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2007, 06:21 »
Calvert still needs one for  "ARE WE DIVING YET ??"  for the 2006 outage 8)

Got the Tee Shirt all printed up and stuff, just gotta send one to the boys there

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14 »
If you have an issue then get a tissue!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 03:43 »
One of my all time favorites, which was immediately banned at every site it materialized at!

Picture of a hand, holding two light bulbs (in a suggestive configurement).................. :)

(Your Favorite Electric Utility), followed by, "We got you by the Bulbs"!

RG

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 03:13 »
I haven't seen as many as some of you guys, but here are some of the ones I remember.

Grand Goof, Mississippi's Nuclear Circus (Grand Gulf obviously) This one was banned one hour after it showed up on site.  Ned sold out before the ban.
Disney on the Delaware (Salem)
tee shirt with a good drawing of someone dropping a knife in the cavity (Arkansas)
Grand Gulf had a cool one for a Holloween outage that glowed in the dark
many more that Ned Volstedt did.

I turned in a suggestion, after a 90 day outage that was scheduled for 39 days, for a hat the next outage.  It would say "Do it right the Second time".  They said I lacked professionalism!  Dale Wiesner and I had many more ideas that never hit the presses.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24 »
As seen at SONGS in the very early 90's: "ALARA..... As Long As Rooms Available" Showing an exploding containment due to the large #'s of techs being pushed in to the equipment hatch with a bulldozer driven by the RPM. Wearing it was grounds for instant termination. ("Go see Frank")

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 03:52 »
Outage slogan for Kewaunee KR-29 was "Touch It Once. Touch It Right!!!!!

When the word got out how everyone really liked it, they took it off the printing presses. After there was a low turnout for orders, they again offered them with the above slogan and also offered ones without any slogan.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 05:38 »
As seen at SONGS in the very early 90's: "ALARA..... As Long As Rooms Available" Showing an exploding containment due to the large #'s of techs being pushed in to the equipment hatch with a bulldozer driven by the RPM. Wearing it was grounds for instant termination. ("Go see Frank")

Ah yes...I remember it well. The craft's managers decided that it "didn't look good" to have people milling about at the beginning of shift and after lunch, so they made every single worker enter containment and THEN have the morning meeting/pre-job.

The plant RP department put a pretty quick stop to the whole mess. As for the one contractor who bravely(foolishly) wore the shirt in and told all that "No one can tell me what I can or can't wear"....well, he got his GSF and went bye bye immediately.
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 09:17 »

...We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit...Aristotle...

...diablo...80's...

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 11:15 »
As for the one contractor who bravely(foolishly) wore the shirt in and told all that "No one can tell me what I can or can't wear"....well, he got his GSF and went bye bye immediately.

It was more than 1......This was the "it sucks to be named Mike outage" We started on night shift with 8 Mikes and by the midpoint of the outage there were only 2 left.....Some departed for doing crosswords...... some "crashed" security doors........One got popped for the shirt (there were 2 T-shirt DFR's)......

Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

diparyar

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 07:49 »
what about the '88-90 surry outages tee's no clue, captn' cluless, and the fryin pan.

and the banned before it made it to site at the 10yr. ISI @ HBR with all of the outage slogan's/sayings on the back, McCready's Law, respirators maybe? and others, and the beta bugs and fuel pool flooding over with the green goo on the front?

rapid

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #38 on: Oct 20, 2009, 10:00 »
I actually suggested this one, but it got turned down... :(

"Whiskey and Hookers for Everyone!!" - to be printed over a chrome image of the Peterbilt Girl (that profile you see on truck mudflaps)

Oh well....  8)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
« Reply #39 on: Oct 20, 2009, 10:56 »
Ft Calhoun 2006:  That mindless idiot Cable Guy saying......."Git er Done.!"

Made you want to pull a few teeth, beat your wife, and pass out drunk in the trailer in front of a NASCAR race.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2009, 11:51 »

Made you want to pull a few teeth, beat your wife, and pass out drunk in the trailer in front of a NASCAR race.

Karma to ya brother, I couldn't have said that better myself........

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #41 on: Oct 20, 2009, 02:34 »
1992  Maine Yankee   No Clue in 92   
1979  Three Mile Island      We Stayed Behind To Save Yours!!!   

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #42 on: Oct 20, 2009, 02:50 »

Know why you shouldn't watch Nascar?
There is something wrong with watching one guy lap another.... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: Oct 21, 2009, 02:01 »
Ft Calhoun 2006:  That mindless idiot Cable Guy saying......."Git er Done.!"

He's local talent, originally from Pawnee City...

Maybe they should have gone with "Fewer Green findings than SONGS?" ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009, 02:02 by HydroDave63 »

Offline MeterSwangin

• Moderate User
  • Somebody get decon!
« Reply #44 on: Oct 21, 2009, 05:01 »
He's local talent, originally from Pawnee City...

Maybe they should have gone with "Fewer Green findings than SONGS?" ;)

Nice.  Consistent! 

OPPD's CNO liked SONGS so much he now runs the place.  Been there 2 years, got the big ship turning.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #45 on: Oct 22, 2009, 01:03 »
I can't believe y'all left out the one: " you can't hold a candle to Browns Ferry"

My favorite one was from Wolf Creek with a T-shirt wizard of oz theme--- on the front it had Dorthy, the Tin man, Scarecrow and Lion in a Pickup truck coming to The Dome on the Range. On the back of the shirt it had the Pickup leaving Wolf Creek with Dorthy in the bed mooning the site as they're departing with one of the characters flipping the bird out the window and wads of cash flying out the windows.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

milo124

« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 2010, 03:04 »
I really liked a Dresden shirt I saw while on the road.  I'm not sure of the phrase ("Welcome to Dresneyland" I think), but I remember the picture of Mickey welcoming you at the personnel hatch.

Also, for you old timers (a little off topic)
ARC - Aunts, Relatives  & Cousins
IRM - Institute for Rubber Money

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
« Reply #47 on: Nov 18, 2010, 10:22 »
I can't believe y'all left out the one: " you can't hold a candle to Browns Ferry"

My favorite one was from Wolf Creek with a T-shirt wizard of oz theme--- on the front it had Dorthy, the Tin man, Scarecrow and Lion in a Pickup truck coming to The Dome on the Range. On the back of the shirt it had the Pickup leaving Wolf Creek with Dorthy in the bed mooning the site as they're departing with one of the characters flipping the bird out the window and wads of cash flying out the windows.

I remember seeing a classmate in junior high school wearing what, in hindsight, had to be an outage tee from Wolf Creek, and I've always remembered the saying:  "A little nuke never hurt anybody."
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #48 on: Nov 19, 2010, 09:07 »
Brunswick's forced outage in 92. "I've tripped and I can't get back up!" banned

St. Lucie had some great ones: the operator feeding a three eyed fish amertap balls. I was told not to wear it at Hatch because someone said it was anti-nuke.

Another plant's manager was named Barney. So, here's Homer Simpson asleep in the control room. Barney Fife, Barney Rubble, and Barney the dinosaur are peeking around the corner withe the slogan "Somebody's watching you!"
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2010, 09:47 »
This might not be that funny, but I thought it was.

A couple of years ago Peach Bottom had one that was "We're going to leave a mark."

The image was of a big white tail buck in the cross hairs of a rifle.

I just though, "ah, so we are going to leave a mark by killing local wildlife." :) Wasn't sure it was the right image for a nuclear outage.
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010, 09:49 by JustinHEMI »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?