Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Zone D Bonus? honeypot

Author Topic: Zone D Bonus?  (Read 6289 times)

playbowlin

Zone D Bonus?
« on: Mar 27, 2006, 11:41 »

Has anyone heard if the funding has been approved for the Zone D Bonus?  The initial plan I heard was for the Zone D Bonus to take effect in FY 06.  The last news that I have heard is that the funding has not been approved.  I'm currently not in a nuke billet, so I'm not kept up to date too much of the current info out there.  Any info would be appreciated.   

shayne

Re: Zone D Bonus?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:23 »
This is the first I have heard of a Zone 'D'.  But I have been out for a while.  The last I heard, Zone 'C' was at a max of $100k.

visserjr

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:16 »
Zone D was pending buget approval in Jan. Hadn't heard much since. Know alot of Chiefs waiting on it though.

John

taterhead

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2006, 02:31 »
Aren't we talking about the ESRP?

I was under the impression that ESRP governed that zone...

playbowlin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2006, 07:37 »
Taterhead,
Yes, I do believe that it is under the ESRP for Zone D.  I had just heard talk of there actually being bonus money for Zone D now, however, I haven't heard if any funding has been authorized for that yet.  It's also my understanding though, that under the ESRP guidelines is that Zone D is after the 16 year point, vice after the 14 year point the way it was set up under SRB.  I'd appreciate anyone's confirmation of my understanding of ESRP guidelines.

MCiko

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2006, 09:27 »
For more information on Enlisted Supervisory Retention Pay (ESRP) use this link.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/Enlisted/CommunityManagers/Nuclear/ESRP_SRB.htm

The powerpoint brief is is a little dated but the basis of the program remains the same.  Zone D will be out and was supposed to be this fiscal year but as always, it costs money, which is the major hurdle.

Zones A and B are under the SRB program. Zone C is under the ESRP, and when Zone D is authorized, it also will be under ESRP.

Mike

MCiko

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 09:33 »
The zone D message has hit the streets, thefollowing link is provided.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/EFB7AE8B-26E4-49B6-BC5E-EB8B7DD377BA/0/NAV06125.txt

shayne

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 12:07 »
What kind of Bonus would one get with a multiple of 1.5?  What is the ceiling on this Zone? 

NOTE (2) PERSONNEL IN ZONES C OR D WHO DO NOT HOLD A SUPERVISOR NEC, OR
ARE E-5 OR BELOW, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ESRP.

I would think that personnel of this caliber wouldn't even be recommended for Zone B SRB program.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:08 by Shayne »

taterhead

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 05:59 »
I would think that personnel of this caliber wouldn't even be recommended for Zone B SRB program.

It is conceivable that a Sailor could meet the requirements and reenlist in Zone B, then get busted down or lose supervisory NEC prior to the next reenlistment.

playbowlin

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 12:38 »
Thanks for the update MCiko.  I was hoping for a larger multiple, but hey, something is better than nothing.  I still have to wait a year though, hopefully it is something that will still be funded when I'm eligible.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?