Career Path > Getting in

Rusty Nuke

(1/1)

parker3693:
I have checked out Nukeworker every now and then since my separation five years ago.  I left the power generation field completely and tried my hand in the business world.
Now I have come to a point where I am not happy where I am, and I am looking to return to the world of spinning turbines and tri-foil signs.
So, my question is, how would my attempts to reenter the nuke world be viewed by potential employers?  Am I too far gone to bring back into the fold?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Fermi2:
One of my best friends got out of the Navy in 1988 to work at a tire factory. After 15 years of bugging him I finally convinced him to try the commercial world. He hired on at Fermi and so far has done a fantastic job.

It all depends on your attitude.

Mike

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: parker3693 on Apr 05, 2006, 09:40 ---I have checked out Nukeworker every now and then since my separation five years ago.  I left the power generation field completely and tried my hand in the business world.
Now I have come to a point where I am not happy where I am, and I am looking to return to the world of spinning turbines and tri-foil signs.
So, my question is, how would my attempts to reenter the nuke world be viewed by potential employers?  Am I too far gone to bring back into the fold?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

If you are a Sr HP, there is a shortage, and you will be welcomed with open arms.  I'm not sure about the other jobs, but I don't think it would ever be a problem.  You might be the second choice, over a guy that has recent exp, but it isn't a major issue.

Roll Tide:
Rusty should not be a problem, since many nuclear plants are seeing their current staff near retirement. Many plants have a valid concern that there will be an experience dip because of the projected turnover. Some of these plants will be looking for Rusty nukeworkers.

I don't know your field of expertise, but QA & QC & training are typically very forgiving of rustiness!

parker3693:
Thanks for the replies, they helped me out a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version