Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Al Steedley

Author Topic: Al Steedley  (Read 7795 times)

LB

Al Steedley
« on: Apr 14, 2006, 03:18 »
Al Steedley passed away today after a brief battle with cancer.  Arrangements are pending, but services are not expected to take place until after Easter.

LB

rapidray

Re: Al Steedley
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2006, 11:31 »
last worked with big bird in '82 hbr 10 yr inspection, we was both lead techs. imagine that

rapidray

LB

Arrangements
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2006, 07:36 »
NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. - Services for Mr. Alfred W."Al" Steedley, 51, of Woodspring Court, North Augusta, SC, who died April 14, 2006, will be conducted Monday afternoon at 2 o'clock from the Stephen D. Posey Funeral Home. Dr. James C. Adams officiating. Interment in Sunset Memory Gardens. Mr. Steedley was a life-long resident of North Augusta. He was a member of the Grace United Methodist Church, the New Life Sunday School Class, a little league basketball and baseball coach and an Eagle Scout. Mr. Steedley was a health Physicist in the nuclear industry, having worked throughout the United States. Survivors include his wife, Lisa McDonald Steedley, two sons, Aaron Wilson Steedley and Evan Taylor Steedley, both of North Augusta; parents, Amos and Susan Eliza Steedley, North Augusta; a brother and sister-in-law, Mark and Mindy Steedley, North Augusta. The family will receive friends at the funeral home Sunday afternoon from 4 to 6. Memorials may be made to the St. Joseph Hospice, 2260 Wrightsboro Road, Augusta, GA 30904 Stephen D. Posey Funeral Home of North Augusta in charge of arrangements (803-278-1181). Visit the registry online at www.poseyfuneralhome.com . Sign the guestbook at AugustaChronicle.com

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2006, 02:31 »
Big Bird and I were roommates at Turkey Point back in the early eighties. Will be missed by all.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

ageoldtech

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:33 »
I remember Big Bird from the early eighties at North Anna. I was just a Deconner back then. I've thought about him often. Always a fun loving guy he will be missed by many.

Hambone

Offline TN-Man

• Light User
  • It's not the ending that matters..It's the journey
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:06 »
Al and I started at Oconee together back in the late 70's. Great guy always fun to be around. I last saw him in the early 90's at an internal dosimetry class in Atlanta.

Here's to you Big Bird..

Ron
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 09:18 by TN-Man »
Sometimes I look back on my life and think I could have had to work for a living. Thank God, I'm an HP.

Offline cruella

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2006, 08:29 »
I also worked with "Big bird" at Turkey Point and North Anna and St Lucie. His best friend was Mike Miles. I send my condolences to his wife,children and family and also his friends. Barbara

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?