Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Drinking Water Stations In C.A.'s

Author Topic: Drinking Water Stations In C.A.'s  (Read 9718 times)

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Drinking Water Stations In C.A.'s
« on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:31 »
I would like some info, a procedure if you can send it, on the setup of drinking water stations inside Contaminated Areas. If you have a link where you can direct me to, that would suffice also. Thanks, in advance.

rjc4243

Re: Drinking Water Stations In C.A.'s
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:40 »
 :D
Dave call me at and we will talk.

RJ

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:16 »
I have seen some variety at the TVA sites. At BFN, bottles of water were available to be given to those working critical path jobs after HP direct frisk at the CA boundary. SQN had a water cooler inside refuel floor which could be used after frisk by HP. A couple of other sites (non-TVA) had provisions for paper cups after HP monitoring.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:31 »
We are going to use small water bottles. I have a procedure typed up, but wanted to peruse a different one to see if I had all my bases covered. I have seen the water coolers used at Palo Verde in the containment bullpen, and other sites had Gatorade bottles. I am still just fishing for some information, in a procedural format right now.

jowlman

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:03 »
Dave
What TVA uses at Sequoyah is a water cooler that is fed from a remote source ie a water jug with a pump. The cooler has a foot operated pedal so that the workers never have to touch the cooler with their hands. When the water jug gets low, the deconners refill it under the watchfull eyes of hp. I hope this helps.
Fred :)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2006, 09:05 »
Dave
What TVA uses at Sequoyah is a water cooler that is fed from a remote source ie a water jug with a pump.

If I remember correctly, the pump came from an RV supply store......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

illegalsmile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2006, 11:38 »
I've seen quite a few set ups using water bottles (.5L to 1L in size). They all required a hand and face frisk. Most require removal of the outer gloves and Limerick actually required the HP tech outside the CA to hold the bottle and pour it into the worker's mouth. No contact between the worker and the bottle was permitted. It was odd, we could go to the CA boundary and dump water into a worker's mouth when he was in the CA, but couldn't drink in the HP shack.

rjc4243

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2006, 05:02 »
At Vogtle, they use the 5 gallon water bottles in a regular cooler, that has a proximity switch so no contact with the unit is required.  Approach it and the water turns on, and drink.

When the supply is low the water is refilled under HP control.

hpss

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2006, 03:22 »
During outages at NAPS, we have a drinking fountain available just outside containment and one set up in the aux bldg penetration area (both inside the contaminated areas)- foot operated.  They are installed by the maint dept, sampled by the chemistry dept when set up and surveyed by HP.

Scorpio51

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2006, 03:42 »
I'm working the refuel floor at Harris right now. We have a water cooler set up beside one of the stair wells.  All we have is a swing gate and a sign telling the workers to remove their gloves before entering.  Paper cups are pulled from a dispenser and push the button on the cooler.  We have bags for the old gloves, cups and a bag of dark blue gloves as a replacement.  We survey it on night shift.  No problems so far.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2006, 11:36 »
25 years ago at oconee, we used to have water at the containment sop.  ya doffed yer rubber glove, got a hand 'n face frisk, got a paper cup fulla water 'n drank it.  don yer glove 'n go back inside.  but that was back when reel men werked nukes, 'n they didn't worry about a random stray ionized atom.  'cause after all, when yinz were setting off shotgun shells inside the hot leg, well everything else sort of took it's proper place in the importance ranks.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?