Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

Where to start?

<< < (8/8)

scrub:

--- Quote from: AlmostCivilian on Aug 24, 2006, 03:30 --- What can I study to get ready for this POSS test everyone is talking about?
And WOW, we got off on a tangent on this post...
Brent

--- End quote ---

EEI POSS practice tests.  Most of the company web sites have a link to the practice exams.  Follow the directions and time alloted for practice.  The math is more extensive than the practice.  The practice only encompasses the conversions.  The real exam will also have basic algebra and some basic word problems.  Be prepared for more math.

ChiefRocscooter:
You would think with all the bad things we hear about this test someone would sell a study guide or a specific perp course.

Rob

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: ChiefRocscooter on Aug 29, 2006, 10:13 ---You would think with all the bad things we hear about this test someone would sell a study guide or a specific perp course.

Rob

--- End quote ---

Like this? http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Aptitude-/dp/0768916992/sr=8-4/qid=1156954379/ref=sr_1_4/103-3833193-4627036?ie=UTF8  I used the Amazon.com link on the home page and did a search for spatial relations. 

ChiefRocscooter:
Actually I saw the book at Barnes and Noble but I meant an actual book like the Gre books or asvab ones . I plan on using the one you listed along with the asvab books to prep.  Thanks for the thought, but I was more waxing rethotrical than saying I could not find one.

Thanks
Rob

Fermi2:
Don't bother, the ASVAB is all you'll need. I wouldn't waste my money on anything else.

The reason there's no study guide is the test isn't publicly available. The utilities keep it under lock and key, and in the time you're given to take it it's virtually impossible to memorize.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version