Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

PWR/BWR IAEA Simulators

(1/3) > >>

Snechkus:
Hello from Lithuania (know such country :) ). Sorry for off topic but  have not found any information about free IAEA simulators. I have second question do u know where can I download PWR/BWR  for free :).
Tomorrow is a sad day for all friendly atomic energy industry and for people two.

Roll Tide:
I hope I can be of help. The IAEA provides simulator support for developing countries; as a former Soviet Union state I am sure Lithuania qualifies. Here is an excerpt from a vendor of software:

If your country is a member state of IAEA and you are interested in IAEA's training program in Advanced Reactor Simulation, please contact your country's representative or the IAEA directly or Mr. Robert Lyon (R.Lyon@iaea.org) of IAEA.

from this page:

http://www.microsimtech.com/ars/page6.htm

Due to non-proliferation issues, I don't think this is available over open channels. Let us know if there is more we can do....

Snechkus:
Yes Lithuania is an IAEA member. I know the procedure how to get these simulators directly from IAEA. But my attempts have not brought any results. Those simulators are not for military use and not containing secret information. So if you can please can you share it with me.

This night at 1:23 am at local Ukrainian time 20 years ago . The explosion at unit 4 reactor at Chernobyl npp takes place. Bringing the death radiation to many people. Large territory were abandon with the town Pripyat(where nuclear workers had lived). I hope it will never happen again.

Sorry for my English grammar.

Roll Tide:
We also hope to never see that again.

I don't think the IAEA simulator software has been released for public use. The only simulator software I have seen has been specific to the plant where I worked.

With the terrorist concerns (Chechnya and al-Qaeda) I don't think it will be easy to get a copy. I will see if I can find anything else for you.....

No apologies for the English are necessary. Your writing is much easier to understand than some of our own members (Pittsburgh Steeler fans, mostly)!

Snechkus:
Thank you for your replies. Hope you will find something for me.

It is interesting at what NPP you were working and do you work at nuclear industry at the moment.
I had a dream to work at our Lithuanian Ignalina   NPP. But after then EU had forced Lithuania to close power plant. My dream has gone. I my opinion it is very wrong to do it because more than 80% of all electrical energy in Lithuania were produced by INPP. Unit 1 is was shutdown in 2004.12.31 and Unit 2 will be shut down at 2009.
If you want you can visit  Ignalina NPP web page it is at:

http://www.iae.lt/inpp_en.asp?lang=1&sub=234

this web resource contains video-photo gallery and other interesting information about  power plant

Here you can see situation at NPP in real time:  http://www.iae.lt/inpp_en.asp?lang=1&subsub=9

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version