Career Path > NRC

SGPO Questions, Do I even have a chance?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Fermi2:
I have to believe that Sequoyahs training center is in one of the prettiest locations I've ever seen.

Mike

aturner:
     Am I right that the training begins in October or did I dream that date up?  I have looked thru all of my emails and I can't find anything that actually states a date for the start of training.

Thanks,

Adam

Fermi2:
If you're a nuke you get trained at the plant. I'm not sure what the dirt burners do.

DTE was real strange on the Dirt Burner side. They never advertised on the street. They ran a school, if you passed the entrance exam you were allowed into the school. You didn't get paid, and you had to pay DTE a certain amount to be considered. It was a 12 week basic steam engineering school. If you passed the school you were placed in the potential employment school. When they needed operators at the coal plants they'd call the top people on the list of graduates. You were considered as part of the pool until the NEXT time the course was offered. After that you were out and couldn't gain admission to the course again.

I think they did this because one of the requirements was to either get a High Pressure or 3rd class stationary engineers license within a certain amount of time being employed. Rather than spend their money teaching you the course they did it pre employment.

The course itself was rather good. The texts they used were available on the DTE Net and they helped me a lot when I got my First Class Stationary Engineers license in Ohio.

Mike

aturner:
Hey guys,

I just want to give a big thanks to everyone in this thread who has given any advice for the EEI test or the SGPO position.  I got one step closer by qualifying for the position.  It looks like all the advice on the testing paid off.  I really appreciate this website and the info. it provides.

Thanks Again!!

Roll Tide:
Congratulations big A,

When (not if) you get your job offer, post what you did right so we can get some more good candidates.

Looking forward to have you at TVA; maybe we will fire up Bellefonte together!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version