Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Overheard at the nuclear plant honeypot

Author Topic: Overheard at the nuclear plant  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Overheard at the nuclear plant
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:38 »
AUO 1 "You know, if I were an SRO, I would wear my teeth to work." (after a brief from an SRO that didn't see that as a necessity)

AUO 2 "Yeah, that's expected now. That's why I am not going up."

(Man, did they expect this when they brought nuclear power to TN?)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
Re: Overheard at the nuclear plant
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 06:53 »
Contract worker: "It says I got a disturbed contamination alarm."

New HP (to veteran): "I have never heard of that."

Veteran HP: "It's actually distributed contamination, but the contract prohibits making them read 4-syllable words."

New HP: "And the schools here are better than WV? Glad there are no nuke plants there!"
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

stownsend

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:39 »
1989 Vermont Yankee-Hope Story and I were working the turbine floor and had a contractor in a respirator cleaning stud bolts with a wire wheel. After about an hour we checked on him and could see his face completly black under his mask. Asking him how that happened he said he got tired of wearing the mask and took it off for a while.

1985 Turkey Point- contractor asked me in containment if my feet hurt walking on the grating.I told him no. Seeing him at the SOP exiting with no shoes on under his totes told me why his feet hurt.

1986 ANO-after covering the refuel floor for our three hour shift I was exiting containment and one of the female techs with six months experience who was promoted to senior HP by spending thirty minutes of quality time in the supervisors office told me the air sample that was sent out was E-8.She had the results for two hours and didn't inform us because she didn't know that was bad.

1886 Pilgrim- Saw contractor passing a saw over the SOP without being checked.He said he only used it for a minute.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2006, 01:40 »
Current outage:
Yeah, Rocky (_____)'s crew did that job. Shoot him an e-mail. Searching the corporate e-mail directory, "Rocky" is the actual name!
BTW, his middle name is probably   Top

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2006, 10:36 »
Current outage:
Yeah, Rocky (_____)'s crew did that job. Shoot him an e-mail. Searching the corporate e-mail directory, "Rocky" is the actual name!
BTW, his middle name is probably   Top

dang!  flash me back to songs ina early 80s!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?