Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Officer Jobs  

Author Topic: Security Officer Jobs  (Read 26971 times)

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Security Officer Jobs
« on: May 13, 2006, 09:18 »
Hey guys, been lurking around these forums for a bit.  I have been trying to get more information beyond what you find online about Security Officer positions at two specific plants.  SONGS and Oconee.  Mainly I am trying to find out salary ranges for the two plants. 
Contacting the plant's HR has not helped and the internet to this point has been quite worthless as well.
In addition, is there anyone on these boards with whom I might be able to email/chat with to ask a few other minor questions?  I recently got out of the Marine Corps after eight years and this sounds like it might be a decent field to be in.  I have become tired of job hopping to be honest!
You can run, but you will only die tired.  Beware the fury of a patient man.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
Re: Security Officer Jobs
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 10:31 »
Wackenhut carries security contracts at a number of nuclear plants.  Try their website.

Good luck.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 10:01 »
Actually I would like to stay away from Wackenhut if at all possible. 
SONGS and Oconee are really the two I am looking for right now.  Both are in the vicinity of family and after being away from home for the last eight years, if I can take advantage of being around them, I will.
With the Security Officer jobs, I have noticed they are not posted, or at least are not easy to come by.  Do you have to contact HR directly or is there another method of contact?

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 01:55 »
Most are either contract jobs or if permanent are hired from contractors who performed well when brought out as temporary help during an outage.

Mike

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 02:11 »
Considering the pay scale vs. local cost of living, California plants may not be the best option...

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 03:29 »
I have been told that NSO's usually start out around $20/hr.  Is that plant specific or is it a good average?  Or am I recieving bogus info?

By the way, thanks for the replies so far.  The more info I can get, the better I am able to make an informed desicion.

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:36 »
I have been told that NSO's usually start out around $20/hr.  Is that plant specific or is it a good average?  Or am I recieving bogus info?

By the way, thanks for the replies so far.  The more info I can get, the better I am able to make an informed desicion.

So far as I know it's bogus. If I recall correctly the average is around 12 to 15 an hour.

Mike

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2006, 10:00 »
Market for armed responders in California particularly at SONGS, or Diablo Canyon is around $24 to start and closer to $32 after 36 months.  At Humboldt Bay, or Ranch Seco, you are looking at the $18-$22 range.

rdcpc832

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2006, 09:33 »
Looking for any information at SONGS related to employment as Armed Security. Numbers, contact information anything that might help. I am a retired Police officer and looking for security related work at SONGS. Thanks

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2006, 12:34 »
Call the plant and ask for Mr. Broussard.  Tell him that a Marine on Camp Pendleton said that he was a great guy to work for, and that you are looking to further your experience in the law enforcement/physical security world.

He was the former XO of Security Batallion on Camp Pendleton.

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2006, 07:47 »
What is the best way to obtain a contact number for the plant's HR department or getting intouch with the contact you mentioned.  I have not been able to locate one through internet searching or even using local phonebooks.  Am I just looking in the wrong place?

reverendred

« Reply #11 on: Aug 16, 2006, 05:58 »
Good place for info about SONGS Security work:

www.SONGSsecurity.com

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2006, 09:21 »
Thank you all for your assistance.  I am currently in the app process.  We shall see what happens next.  Just took the written the other day and pretty confident I passed so...we shall see.

reverendred

« Reply #13 on: Aug 16, 2006, 10:21 »
Thank you all for your assistance.  I am currently in the app process.  We shall see what happens next.  Just took the written the other day and pretty confident I passed so...we shall see.

Let me know when you get a range date; and good luck.

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2006, 11:29 »
Will Do.

Grape Ape

« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2006, 09:04 »
Hey guys, been lurking around these forums for a bit.  I have been trying to get more information beyond what you find online about Security Officer positions at two specific plants.  SONGS and Oconee.  Mainly I am trying to find out salary ranges for the two plants. 
Contacting the plant's HR has not helped and the internet to this point has been quite worthless as well.
In addition, is there anyone on these boards with whom I might be able to email/chat with to ask a few other minor questions?  I recently got out of the Marine Corps after eight years and this sounds like it might be a decent field to be in.  I have become tired of job hopping to be honest!

Contact info for SONGS Website www.edisonjobs.com & E-mail employ.com Good Luck...

Offline Immune

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2006, 09:31 »
Well, I was all set and ready and waiting for a range date, however, right when I was expecting a call for a range date, I recieved a call offering to take the written test.  As it turns out apparently, they got my parperwork mixed up and I was not on the list of people who took the written test.  So now I wait for an undertermined amount of time for a new test date for a enw class that has yet to have a date created for it.  So now I wait in vain!

rdcpc832

« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2006, 10:06 »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. That really sucks. You said that you had already taken the written exam. How was it and what did it entail. Other words what did it consit of. Where did you take it and how long time wise. Rich

songs security

« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2008, 08:26 »
I know this topic is a bit old but for all who are interested SONGS currently start at 22.94/hr.  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?