Reference, Questions and Help > MARSSIM

MARSSIM Discussion Group

<< < (2/6) > >>

jocro:
Good thread.  Are you guys using the RESRAD program linked to MARRSIM or stand-alone?  I'm not very experienced with either and the suggested training is going to be HELPFUL....

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: jocro on May 23, 2006, 11:54 ---Good thread.  Are you guys using the RESRAD program linked to MARRSIM or stand-alone?  I'm not very experienced with either and the suggested training is going to be HELPFUL....

--- End quote ---
I think you mean RESRAD linked to COMPASS

http://web.ead.anl.gov/marssim/doc/docs/ANL_EAD_TM_02_04.pdf
RESRAD Connection for Facilitating MARSSIM Analysis: An Illustration of Applying the OpenLink Concept (1 MB) ANL/EAD/TM-02-04. The focus of this work is to more tightly integrate RESRAD and COMPASS used in MARSSIM final status survey design.

alphadude:
go to the Hanford DQO page, lots of interesting stuff there

mars88:
one thing i do not understand after reading MARSSIM.com--exactly what are the dcgl's and where are they found?  the website had no specifics on these.  i was recently interviewing with the project manager of a job in california and he said, "the dcgl used to be (something pci/g) and now it's 1pci/g, as you know".  of course i nodded wisely, but actually, no, i didn't know.  how does anyone know?

btw, this job is for at least 6 mos, and they are still looking for a rad engineer or chp (i am up for the tech job).  if interested, let me know. 

wlrun3@aol.com:

"For each contaminant, guideline values for residual activity on building surfaces and in contaminated soil are established. In MARSSIM terminology, these guideline values are "Derived Concentration Guideline Levels," or DCGLs. These numerical standards may be obtained through site specific computer modeling, through use of the generic NRC code DandD or established by negotiation with the applicable regulatory agency."

Basic Radiation Protection Technology, Gollnick, 5th ed., p 791

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version