Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu John Wekwert honeypot

Author Topic: John Wekwert  (Read 10198 times)

kaoskarl

John Wekwert
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:32 »
I'm very sorry to report that John Wekwert, RP tech has died at age 42,[May30,2006] after an eight month bout with cancer.John had worked recently at Fernal & worked many outages at Fort Calhoun,Fitzpatrick,St.Lucie,Big Rock & Cooper.You were a great guy who only wanted the world to smile & laugh along with you & will be sorely missed................Karl Momrik
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2006, 10:05 by kaoskarl »

workinman

Re: John Wekwert
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:18 »
John will be surely missed at FT. Calhoun and our prayers go out to his family.  He was a great tech!

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 08:48 »
The Vollyball courts at St. Lucy will never be the same.
Wekie, you will be missed by all.
Until we meet again, watch out for the DSA's.

Morris Patterson

tech20

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2006, 01:13 »
I worked with John Wekwert at Fort Calhoun and Wolf Creek back in 2003.  He was a nice man, and always talking about his girlfriend back home in Michigan. He will be missed with a lot of people.  My deep prayers and thoughts go out to his family.  He was nice person, not because he was a great RP tech.  We should all be remembered as a person first, not as a technician. 

Laurie

hatched

« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2006, 01:34 »
 :( I worked with John and Karl in 1985 and 1986 at Ft. Calhoun.  We had so much fun with the company Softball team.  John was such an great sport.  Prayer for John and his family. Robin Thomas

irishfan

« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2006, 04:50 »
  I worked with John at Big Rock in '99.  What a great guy!  He will be greatly missed.  My prayers go out to his family.
Cathy

kaoskarl

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2006, 08:18 »
John's Memorial mass was attended by about 200 of his family & friends.It was a lovely service
with many people bringing pictures & stories of John to the St.Casimir church in Posen,Michigan.
John's all-time favorite song was "Monday,Monday" by the Mamas & Papas.In the future,please try to think of Johnny when you hear this song,& the good things that he brought to our lives.                                                                                              Karl Momrik

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2006, 01:26 »
 I remember John from Ft Calhoun 88-89 timeframe.  As I recall he was a very young Site Coordinator at that time, but handled himself and the position very well. He treated everyone with a great deal of respect. Rest in peace old friend.

My condolences to the Wekwert family.
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2006, 06:00 »
sorry to hear about John....i had not run into him in quite a while..always real cool & always had a smile! Hard to believe.

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2006, 10:58 »
It is always hard to hear of the passing of good friends and even more when they are younger. I had the privilege of working with Wekkie at a number of outages. He was a good friend and a good HP. You will be missed buddy!!!

Old HP

kstone

« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2006, 05:02 »
Very, Very Sad to hear about John passing away. I worked with John on the road for several years. He was the Nicest guy to hang with and a Great guy to work with. Just a Terrific person. I'm so sorry to know we will never have you back at Fitzpatrick 'Weckie' - we will all miss you .  . 
                   Stoney

though you cannot always see the bird singing, if you listen with your Heart, you can always hear his song .   .   .   

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?