Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Extended Absence honeypot

Author Topic: Extended Absence  (Read 9313 times)

Offline AMU

• Moderate User
Extended Absence
« on: Jun 06, 2006, 10:37 »
If you have been out of the field for a few years and decided to return, how hard did you find it to make the transition back into the field, testing, traveling and such, actually obtaining a posiiton with one of the numerous employment companies?

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Extended Absence
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2006, 11:47 »
As Radcon, they are very accomodating.

Why didn't you post on the general forum? I think this would be of interest to all......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline AMU

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2006, 01:05 »
Lets move this to the general area, perhaps it would be better served by all.

Thanks.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2006, 07:15 »
As you wish....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

vikingfan

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2006, 11:23 »
you could also add a part for those who may have been away from commercial power for years doing DOE, or D&D ect then coming back to commercial power plants.

shovelheadred

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2006, 07:37 »
...AMU..greetings...I myself just encountered the stuation you described this spring, I was away from RP work at a power plant for 10 years....getting approved was easy, especially if you pick and choose the outage, pick one that cant staff,,they will advertise it regularly here(thanks Rennhack),,,the site person that finally hired me told me the absence of Power plant work, was a deterent to hiring me, but the supply and demand ..always works.....the NEU test was not as hard as the CORE test, but I studied for it(thanks again, Rennhack)...as far as easing back into the flow, well smears is smears and dose is dose...depends on how long you have been gone the units of measure may have changed....and you are now called..."SUPPLEMENTAL WORKER"......the pay is better, and the perdiem is better.we worked 72 hours a week, and at one time for a couple weeks worked 84...travel is still cheap, but a bonus is usually paid for these sites that cant staff....one other point,,,uncle bruce is not the only kid on the block anymore, Atlantic- and they have Entergy,,and a few other sites,,,,and Hudson-they have Cooper..so give it a shot,,,but this website is the best help with finding a job a RAT has had since,,Eli Crosby quit Duratek, and got in the bar business....red

Joe Mama

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2006, 06:28 »
I've been out since 1994.   

What are payrates like now?
What is the per-dien level?

In 1994 it was 15.00 and hour with 50.00 day in perdiem. 

I left because there was not enough work.  When I started the business in 1985 work was great, one could nearly work year round and bank some money.   It dropped off to doing only 2 outages a year.  Every one  was scheduling for the fall and spring.   No winter or summer work to speak of. 

Just went to Bartlettinc.com.    Wishlist sucks.  It's October and the only jobs don't start until March.

So how are things.

Does anyone know Dave Nelson and Evelyn Bayer?

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2006, 08:39 »
Does anyone know Dave Nelson and Evelyn Bayer?

Try the "Looking For" Forum and you might get some response, many folks I have wondered about magically appear when their names appear in that section of the site  ;)

Good Luck  ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2006, 08:01 »
Just went to Bartlettinc.com.    Wishlist sucks.  It's October and the only jobs don't start until March.

hares watt eye found on bartlettinc.com prior two march....

Browns Ferry - Unit 2
Decatur Alabama 2/26/2007 6 weeks Shp 18.1, Jhp>3mo's

Calvert Cliffs
Lusby Maryland 2/26/2007 4 weeks Shp 18.1, Jhp>6mo's, Decon>2yrs

Comanche Peak
Glen Rose Texas 2/5/2007 10 weeks Shp 18.1, Jhp>6mo's, Decon>3mo's

E.I. Hatch
Baxley Georgia 2/10/2007 3 weeks Shp 3.1, Jhp>6mo's

LaSalle
LaSalle Illinois 2/26/2007 3 weeks Shp 18.1, Jhp>9mo's

looks like yinz gotta weight until after groundhogs day.    ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2006, 08:03 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2006, 07:24 »

The wish list is designed so people can do some planning in advance. If you are interested in Fall work, I would call. They probably don't try to advertise every time they go from "fully staffed" to 1 short and back.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?