Are you a lefty?

I'm a lefty
53 (40.5%)
I'ma righty
68 (51.9%)
I'm ambidextrous - or confused.
10 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: [Poll] Lefties in the Nukes  (Read 35057 times)

wondertech

Re: [Poll] Lefties in the Nukes
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2004, 05:14 »
 On occasion I like to go to the tool room and ask for a left handed screwdriver. I explain that the handle is on the opposite end.
 Everyone is born right handed. It's only the great one's that over come it. 8)

moodusjack

« Reply #26 on: Feb 29, 2004, 05:32 »
Ambi with a bias for the left...like my politics.

duke99301

« Reply #27 on: Feb 29, 2004, 10:33 »
my ex is a lefty and  the Woman I share my life with Now is a lefty but alsa I am righty.
and Jim Keating will not get on a  plane unless it has two right wings.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2004, 12:12 by duke99301 »

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #28 on: Mar 01, 2004, 08:24 »
Don't know why, but an inordinate amount of engineers seem to be left-handed.  I myself am right handed except in hockey.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

JassenB

« Reply #29 on: Mar 01, 2004, 10:55 »
Ambi with a bias for the left...like my politics.

Semi-ambi/confused, here. Eat left, write left, bat/throw/everything else in life right.

Politics: dead center, honest. I just hope enough people actually believe that on county election day on May 4th.

-Jassen

Offline mahalo

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2004, 11:55 »
I can write with a left handed Pencil, I can read with my left eye but I do most everything else right handed.

wrecked_edsel

« Reply #31 on: Oct 15, 2004, 07:55 »
I'm a lefty.

Go figure... You and pdiddy are almost like brothers then. I always knew you 2 had a lot in common..

ageoldtech

« Reply #32 on: Oct 17, 2004, 04:43 »
Hey Edsel,
I've seen A LOT of camel toe in my life...........
But never on a CAMEL!!!!!!!

flappervalve

« Reply #33 on: Oct 17, 2004, 07:29 »
Me too but it that really a camel ??? But if it is, it's a left footed camel which is almost on topic for this forum. 

NascarTerry

« Reply #34 on: Oct 18, 2004, 06:32 »
I'm TOTALLY left handed. If you ask me to do something with my right hand......I'll get a cramp.... 8) And I also belong to the National Society For Equal Rights to Lefthanders. You right handed people just wait until you have to use a LEFTHANDED Door.  :D

halflifer

« Reply #35 on: Oct 18, 2004, 08:58 »
I throw righty, but everything else is leftie.
In 1st and 2nd grade, my teachers tried to 'rehabilitate' me.....didn't work then....hasn't worked since.
I don't have the numbers, but I recall reading that Lefties are statistically overrepresented in techincal fields.
I heard Einstien and Bethoven were lefties whild Hitler and Nixon were riighties.

Offline arizonie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #36 on: Oct 20, 2004, 02:26 »
bill clinton and george bush sr are both lefties.
but there politics were opposed.
i'm a righty  but my politics tend toward the left.

ps:  bush (gw) coudn't find his arse with either his left or right hands..........
"JUST WIN BABY"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #37 on: Oct 20, 2004, 06:28 »
bill clinton and george bush sr are both lefties.
but there politics were opposed.
i'm a righty  but my politics tend toward the left.

ps:  bush (gw) coudn't find his arse with either his left or right hands..........

he doesn't have to, yew'll due the job jest phine
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

oldodge52

« Reply #38 on: Oct 29, 2004, 07:41 »
I'm one of the confused ones, also. I write and eat with my left, but just about everything else with my right. I can also write forward and backward at the same time.. I think that means I'm using both sides of my brain at the same time. Or maybe it means that I'm just weird. Not weird, GIFTED.

iamarine

« Reply #39 on: Nov 01, 2004, 05:29 »
I am a "righty" but, being a musician also, I can do a lot of things just as well with my left hand.  I remember back in 2nd grade I had a bicycle accident and I wasn't able to use my right hand to write.  I had to finish writing a story about "Charlotte's Web" so I finished it writing "LEFTY".  By the time I was done writing that story, you couldn't tell the difference between my right-handed or left-handed writing.  Now that I'm an "old man" I can still write left-handed legibily although I prefer writing right-handed.  I have also played both trumpet and trombone both "right" and "left".   BTW...who says lefty's make better lovers???????

halflifer

« Reply #40 on: Nov 01, 2004, 07:37 »
 BTW...who says lefty's make better lovers???????

Are ya sure that's a question you want to ask this bunch? Remember, "You should never ask a question if you're not sure you can live with the answer."

radplanet

« Reply #41 on: Mar 13, 2005, 01:12 »
I'm a "natch" lefty.  Interesting that US stated stats are ~16 -20 % left.  In whole world, it is supposed to be slightly lower.  Plenty of places still actively practice latent 'conversion' of young people (students) from L to R - for same stupid endemic reason educators and others used to do in USA. 

My opinion only, I bet that it is much more likely the 'true' left dominant population WW is probably 33%.  Lotta folks converted at early age.  In my case, I write with a 'crook' hooking my left hand becuase I was never shown how to position my writing tablet back when practicing going from Block to Cursive in like kindergaden or 1st g.  Too hard to break later.  L prob much more ambidextrous than R handers.

From my limited personal stats observation, Lefties seem to be way over-represented in the Sciences.

ST

coshaun

« Reply #42 on: Mar 14, 2005, 01:04 »
I'm a lefty and so is my hp hubby  and our son and daughter.  Got told by my history teacher in the 10th grade that I was a child of satan.... well that would certainly explain things ;)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #43 on: Mar 14, 2005, 05:03 »
Plenty of places still actively practice latent 'conversion' of young people (students) from L to R - for same stupid endemic reason educators and others used to do in USA. 
From my limited personal stats observation, Lefties seem to be way over-represented in the Sciences.

I have two sons that were deemed lefties by a public school system, and their mother thought it was great because that meant they were smarter than average. Of course, neither shows as much coordination with their left hand as their right.....

Actual lefties do seem to be much more common in Engineering and Scientific types of work.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

dangergirl

« Reply #44 on: Mar 15, 2005, 09:24 »
I do equally well with both....but I do have to say a man who is a "southpaw" is sexy....So I agree with the above statement.

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2005, 05:40 »
I am 3 chairs right of Attilla the Hun
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?