Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu mm getting out honeypot

Author Topic: mm getting out  (Read 3318 times)

koedam

mm getting out
« on: Jun 21, 2006, 12:20 »
i'm a PO1 EWS,QAI, EPA certified, submarine mechanic getting ready to get out after 6 years.
spent 4.5 years on a trident and would like to work in the southwest. any advice on where to work, good stuff to put on my resumes, and what specific jobs i should be looking for at a nuclear plant would be appreciated.

Fermi2

Re: mm getting out
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2006, 08:39 »
Entry level job.

By the way, there is already plenty of info available in previous threads. Might I sugest reading through them?

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2006, 12:28 »
If I were looking Southwest, it would be towards Palo Verde or one of the fine plants in Texas (depends on how much West you want with your South). Operations would be my first area to examine, since there are many vacancies in the near future as the first commercial generation of operators retires.

When you have a detailed question, fire away!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2006, 01:33 »
Best time for Ops is either very early in the year (usually around spring)  right after utilities get their new budgets, or very just prior or after the fall outage season.

Mike

M1Ark

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2006, 08:38 »
I hear Palo Verde will be looking for resumes in October for a class start of January for an NLO position. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?