Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Billy Chasteen

Author Topic: Billy Chasteen  (Read 15876 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Billy Chasteen
« on: Jun 24, 2006, 08:30 »
We have lost Billy Chasteen to a heart attack. There is no information yet on funeral arrangements or viewing, they will be posted when they are available. My thoughts and prayers are with Audri and family.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2006, 11:58 by Marlin »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Re: Billy Chasteen
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2006, 09:26 »
I had the pleasure of working with Billy at Fernald and Oak Ridge. He was always quick with a joke or a simple "How's your day going?". Jovial, laid-back, genuine, and caring would describe this man. Pray for Audrey and the family as they mourn a great man leaving this earth.

Dave

jsmdmm1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2006, 06:36 »
Billy was my brother-in-law.  I got to see him for the first time this year in 8 years. Ever since he came into our family, he's had a great sense of humor and never had anything bad to say about anyone. He was a great guy and we are going to miss him. Please pray for my sister Audri, and my nephew, Buddy, as they now have a long road ahead of them. 

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2006, 11:58 »
Billy's viewing will be this Wednesday from 5:00 to 7:00 with the services at 7:00 at Martin Oak Ridge Funeral Home.

1017 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge Tn

RNN

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2006, 05:33 »
I worked with Billy at Fernald for 6 yrs and you couldn't find a nicer guy to have as a co-worker or friend. My prayers go out to Audri and Buddy.

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2006, 03:13 »
I worked with Billy at Fernald for 2 years.  My condolences to his family.  Does anybody have an address to send cards etc.

jsmdmm1

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2006, 03:52 »
Crads cn be sent to:

Audri and Buddy Chasteen
105 Edinboro Lane #B32
Oak Ridge TN 37830

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

shovelheadred

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2006, 05:13 »
...I worked with Billy Chasteen at Farley in 1985, he was a jr HP and green, he was always a hard worker, and eager to learn....he was well liked.....never knew what happened to him after that....my condolences to his family.....red

maxparity

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2006, 07:33 »
Red-you were also Green in 85. I know this for a fact. I got out in 3/84. You got out after me. I was green in 85,therby making you green in 85. Later shipmate-semper fi.

paulajlewis

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2006, 09:19 »
Hi, I am Billys' younger sister and I just wanted to say that you are all right. He was a great guy and he will be very missed. It is wonderful to see these kinds words here and to have heard the ones we heard at the service. Thanks to all who came and all who loved him. Please continue to remember Audri and Buddy. It is going to be tough and they need all of your prayers.

stormy_nite

« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2006, 11:25 »
Hey Paula,
On Wed.evening I didn't see you after the service.I talked with Connie ,Bonnie and your Mom.As you all know me and Benny had known Billy since 1983 in Oyster Creek , NJ.You could not have asked for a better friend than him. I will never forget him taking me to the hospital in that old brown and white van. When he married Audri I think he was on the clouds,that was until they had Buddy.He floated around for months.He will be missed by all who knew him. Especially me and Benny.All of you will be in our prayers especially Audri and Buddy. They have a long road ahead of them.

With all our love and prayers, Benny and Pat Watkins

Offline radglo

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2006, 04:39 »
Tammie and I just learned about Billy. I have known Billy also since '83 at Oyster Creek. I also had the honor of working with him at Fernald. One of the best friends anyone could ever ask for and we counted him as one of ours. His love for his family was foremost always. Our hearts and prayers go out to Audri and Buddy. As others have said, he never had a bad word for anybody. His quick wit and disarming smile befriended all. He was one of the most giving, honorable people I have known. We will miss him.

Dusty and Tammie

Offline TE

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2006, 08:13 »
I knew Billy from Oak Ridge. He was a great guy. He will be missed. God Bless his family.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2006, 10:58 »
Knew Billy way back from the mid 80's, great person and co-worker.  He will be missed.

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2006, 02:30 »
Wow ... I gotta log on here more often. I was saddened to hear about Bill's passing, albeit late. He was a great guy and will be missed by many. Worked with him a few places including Fernald. Damn shame. Seems like every time I log onto this site I find out yet another of us has bitten the proverbial dust. Bumped up the old life insurance to just under a million yesterday .... guess the pool boy will be able to afford imported beer now when my time comes. We all gotta go some time but it was too soon for Bill. Damn near every friend I have seen here in 'Fallen' has been far too young to go.

Wherever you are Bill, I'm sure you have 'em in stiches Bro.

Floyd

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?