Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu looking for suggestions for shirts ! honeypot

Author Topic: looking for suggestions for shirts !  (Read 32883 times)

PANDTEMERT

looking for suggestions for shirts !
« on: Sep 06, 2003, 12:51 »
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OLD TSHIRTS THAT DON ERWIN DESIGNED?[ :

Doc_REM

Re: Old outage tshirts
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2003, 02:49 »
How many do you want and what are you willing to pay for them :-?

PANDTEMERT

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2003, 06:08 »
I want all of them. yes, I will pay!

shovelheadred

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2004, 04:48 »
I HAVE SOME PLANTATION FARLEY SHIRTS.......DON ERWIN, OR ARLAN OTTO,,MAYBE DESIGNED........BUT SIGNED BY RAPID RAY......N...SLOW JOE

nukieworker

looking for suggestions for shirts !
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2006, 01:10 »
 about 4 years ago i made some stickers whith a atom and pute a little nukie never hurt anyone on it . well we started puting them on shirts this year and they have sold well , so we are looking for ideas to start a line of nuclear related shrirts , stickers ect . we plan on advertising here on nuke worker when we have a few more good ideas , so if you have an idea or suggestion please let us know ............thanks paul

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
Re: looking for suggestions for shirts !
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:12 »
I had some made up last year which I will share.  Since we are all getting older, we have taken on the title of "Geezer".  The logo has an HP with teletector and under GIF it reads"Geezer, Senior RP".  I can send logo if you are interested.  The shirts were well received by us (mature) Tech.s
Live Aloha

Weasel

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 01:20 »
I recently seen a T-shirt where I work, that was personally made by a worker, that read. "I'm a Radiological Control Technician....If you see me running, try to keep up!"

I've seen these T-shirts elsewhere, but I'm not sure the phrase is patented or not.

NucEng for Hire

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 01:26 »
I created a nuke logo which was a play off the "nike" logo for a tshirt fundraiser a while back, which was a big hit (perhaps maybe too close a similarity, but no cease and desist letter ever came...)

If there is a way to upload a photo or if anyone cares to host it for me, I will share it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:03 by NucEng for Hire »

WIFEY26525

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 11:29 »
terry corbin made the well known "RAD TECH OF FORTUNE" t-shirts back in the ol' days.
excellent design which always took the worst disasters of an outage and made fun of it.
usually disliked or outright banned by the utility, but sold very well and loved by the workers.

something along the lines of the SURRY "TIME, DISTANCE AND SIZZLE" t-shirt which was banned from the site would be a great seller.
find the funny screwups at the job , parody the situation and make the shirt.

fluxmama

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 12:14 »
How about a couple of guys in PCs trudging up a flight of stairs with a bulging Rad bag falling through the stairwell next to them.  Caption is:  "The elevator must be busted again."

shawnderyke

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 08:58 »
"Time, Dintance, and Sizzle" I like that one. Made me laugh!!!!!! Keep up the great slogans!

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 04:50 »
For the Union people out there....... I.B.O.T. (International Brotherhood of Tech's) or IBOS with S@#*heads for the S...... Local 86!   
Motto: "If it's wrong, We Probably did it!!!!
Photo: Depends on the most recent major foul up where you work...... We used a depiction of a fork lift spearing a resin liner.
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

AtomicAirdale

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 10:52 »
The 2 funniest I have heard (they may be old for everyone else) are:
 "We've upped our standards, now Up Yours!"  and
 "Safety is in Your Hands......Now Drop it, and GET BACK TO WORK!"

Bill

vikingfan

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:56 »
How about the old time tested " hide and seek for a grand a week" might have to update it to a grand and a half a week...:)

Offline zammis

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:37 »
Front : Carpe Diem
           Seize the day

Back : Carpe Per Diem
          Seize the Check

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:54 »
Had one back in the day from Browns Ferry

"You can't hold a candle to Browns Ferry" with siome kind of fire scene under the text.

Im sure it would be popular with our TVA buds

sf

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:59 »
Had one back in the day from Browns Ferry

"You can't hold a candle to Browns Ferry" with siome kind of fire scene under the text.

Im sure it would be popular with our TVA buds

sf

The original was banned from the site a couple of decades ago. Probably still is.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2008, 02:06 »
about 4 years ago i made some stickers whith a atom and pute a little nukie never hurt anyone on it . well we started puting them on shirts this year and they have sold well , so we are looking for ideas to start a line of nuclear related shrirts , stickers ect . we plan on advertising here on nuke worker when we have a few more good ideas , so if you have an idea or suggestion please let us know ............thanks paul

"A Little Nukie Never Hurt Anybody" T-Shirts were done in 1978-79... I had one as dd a lot of us, I am sure.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2008, 06:23 »
ders all waze da use of:

name of power plant

mushroom cloud

aw sheet!
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008, 06:23 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

McBride

« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:31 »
1987 on the USS John Adams...
Crossed hammer and outside micrometer...
with the slogan "PRECISION THROUGH BRUTE FORCE!"
 ::)

metermaid

« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:51 »
Big pile of money photographed or direct scanned, 100 dollar bills on top.

Across the top of the pile: Either E Pluribus Per Diem or Novus Ordo Per Diem

Across the bottom of the pile: In Per Diem We Trust

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2008, 08:05 »
Havent ever seen one yet, but we always get kidded about glowing in the dark soooo...

A black t-shirt with a bunch of silouhets of people standing in a group and one person outlined in green with the caption under it,

"Can you pick out the Nuke Worker in this group?"   :)

Or,

one side of a shirt with a normal looking persons head, a normal smile, and on the back the same head but with a huge brain bulging out, an evil smile on the face, and the electron rings around it with the caption,

front of shirt with normal head "A normal brain"
back of shirt with bulging brain "A brain on NUKE (or NUKIE)"

raymcginnis

« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:44 »
Human in PCs, probably with a respirator to make it unisex, or a unisex face with an embarassed look or head held down in shame would work:

Please don't tell my family I'm a nuclear worker!

They think I'm a stripper.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008, 10:55 by RadPro Guy »

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2008, 12:52 »
terry corbin made the well known "RAD TECH OF FORTUNE" t-shirts back in the ol' days.
excellent design which always took the worst disasters of an outage and made fun of it.
usually disliked or outright banned by the utility, but sold very well and loved by the workers.

something along the lines of the SURRY "TIME, DISTANCE AND SIZZLE" t-shirt which was banned from the site would be a great seller.
find the funny screwups at the job , parody the situation and make the shirt.

Wow...that is a blast from the past.....we were just talking about him last week.
I used to have a bunch of his T's...I believe that he made one from VC in 1991 when they turned the SFP green.
His were the best!

McBride

« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2008, 10:21 »
How about a Smiley face with a third eye and the caption
MUTANTS FOR NUCLEAR POWER!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?