Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tony Alexander
honeypot

Author Topic: Tony Alexander  (Read 6490 times)

coshaun

Tony Alexander
« on: Jul 13, 2006, 09:35 »
Many of us from the road will remember Tony Alexander .  He started at Oconee and ended up at Watts Bar. Tony passed away Tuesday at his home in Dayton, TN. from a brief battle with esophageal cancer.  The family will have a visitation at Coulter-Garrison funeral home in Dayton on Friday July 14 from 4pm-8 pm.  The burial will be in Tony's home town of Salem, S.C.

I apologize for the late notice, but I will post more info later tonight.

Here's more info on Tony:

Tony Alexander, a Radiation Protection healthy physicist technician at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant, passed away on July 12, 2006 after an extended illness.  Tony is survived by his wife Toni and their two children Brian and Kelli.

Visitation will be Friday, July 14, 2006, between 4p-8p, at Coulter Garrison Funeral Home in Dayton, Tennessee.  Tony will be buried in South Carolina.

A savings account has been opened "In Memory of Tony Alexander."  The account number is 060001575.  All donations can be mailed to First Bank of Tennessee, P.O. Box 398 Dayton, Tennessee, 37321, or you may go to any branch to make a donation there.  The bank branches are located in Harriman, Rockwood, Spring City, Benton, as well as two in Dayton. 

Please include if you want the family to know who has made the donation or if you would like the donation to remain anonymous.  All receipts will be sent to Ms. Alexander so that she can keep up with the account and the donations made to it. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact Robin Brown at 423-775-8400 or e-mail her at rbrown@firstbanktn.com.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2006, 10:20 by Greentag »

alphadude

Re: Tony Alexander
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2006, 09:17 »
sorry to hear about Tony, good hearted and fun to work with.  We are reminded of our mortality.

Industry_event

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2006, 02:34 »
I am sorry to hear about Tony's passing. I work with Tony he was a gentleman. He will be missed. Rome

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2006, 08:10 »
Tony Alexander will be missed, I will never forget the last time I saw him or the last time we spoke. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met, he never failed to ask how you had been or how your family was doing.

There are people who pretend they care or pretend they are your friend; and then there was Tony Alexander.......a true gentleman.

I am glad to call him my friend and he will be missed.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 11:19 by Dream Tarheel »
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2006, 11:06 »
Sorry to hear about Tony. worked with him at Oconee in the late 70's. As nice a fellow as you could ask for. Always helpful and willing to listen. Will be missed by all.   Spanky
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 11:07 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

shovelheadred

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2006, 09:25 »
...........to be absent rom the body is to be present with the Lord....Rest in Peace Tony Alexander...red

radmandave

« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2006, 08:17 »
Tony was the Bartlett site coordinator at Catawba when I worked there sometime in the mid to late eighties.  There was no finer person.  May God bless him and his family.

Dave Karr

pappy

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2006, 11:18 »
Tony was my first on the road Site Coordinator at Surry in 1984. Saw him & Toni a few times over the years, but alway thought of them as great folks to know. Always thought of them as I traveled thru the SC mountains. My thoughts & prayers are with his family.
                                                               Tom Selman

ageoldtech

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2006, 10:33 »
Tony was truly one of a kind; I’ve worked with him for the past 18 months here at the bar, and he actually got me my first Jr. job in the early 80’s. I attended his funeral in SC. last week, we were all sad, but relieved in that we knew his suffering was now over. I will miss his zest for life and the kind heart that he possessed.
Hambone

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?