Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sub Life
honeypot

Author Topic: Sub Life  (Read 81491 times)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Sub Life
« Reply #75 on: Dec 12, 2009, 03:57 »
Was digging through some old boxes in the basement and found this - thought I'd share... a few of us put it together on my boat as we left for our Med run of 77/78

The twelve days of Christmas
(Submarine Version)

On the first day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
A Fast attack headed out to sea.

On the second day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the third day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the fourth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the fifth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the sixth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the seventh day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Seven seamen scrubbing, Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the eighth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Eight drills for training, Seven seamen scrubbing, Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the ninth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Nine sonar contacts, Eight drills for training, Seven seamen scrubbing, Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the tenth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Ten rounds of ammo, Nine sonar contacts, Eight drills for training, Seven seamen scrubbing, Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Eleven hours snorkeling, Ten rounds of ammo, Nine sonar contacts, Eight drills for training, Seven seamen scrubbing, Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my C.O. gave to me
Twelve hours on watch, Eleven hours snorkeling, Ten rounds of ammo, Nine sonar contacts, Eight drills for training, Seven seamen scrubbing, Six feed pumps pumping, Five Hour Field Day, Four compartments flooding, Three reactor scrams, Two hydraulic leaks, and a Fast attack headed out to sea

May all of you that have served, or are serving, have as safe and merry a Christmas as is possible. I thank all of you that have shared this duty, and helped protect our country.

Peace,
John
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #76 on: Dec 12, 2009, 04:09 »
That is very well done! Thanks for sharing!

LaFeet

« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2011, 11:41 »
Sub life... I recall one exam question: 

3. Define the Universe.  List three examples.

I do miss the the friendships and being able to KNOW who you can count on.  I do not miss the lengthy deployments (we were gone sometimes the whole year).  All in all I am a better person for my experience in the Submarine Force.

MacGyver

« Reply #78 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:44 »
Sub life... I recall one exam question: 

3. Define the Universe.  List three examples.

I do miss the the friendships and being able to KNOW who you can count on.  I do not miss the lengthy deployments (we were gone sometimes the whole year).  All in all I am a better person for my experience in the Submarine Force.

1. GOD
2. Christ Jesus
3. Holy Spirit

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost {aka The Holy Trinity}.  Refer to the Holy Bible (aka God's Holy Word) for more clarification / explaination.

How's that for full credit?!?!   ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 10:31 by MacGyver »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?