Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DUI Question. honeypot

Author Topic: DUI Question.  (Read 11974 times)

jeh351

DUI Question.
« on: Sep 11, 2003, 07:24 »
 If you have a recent dui on your record, can you still go
to work for nuclear  facilities?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: DUI Question.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2003, 08:59 »
Most facilities, yes.  Best bet is to have your company ask the site you want to work at.  It's a site specific thing.

Usually, they just require that you tell them aobut it (law) and that you have fulfilled everything the judge told you to do. i.e. fines, rehab, etc.

duke99301

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2003, 09:43 »
if it is still pending It can be a problem ,But you need to have all your paper work done and show you done what they wanted.

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2003, 06:48 »
DEFINITELY reveal this openly to the employer when asked. DON'T attempt to conceal it - it'll be discovered during your background check, and then your chances at a job will be shot.
I was convicted of a DUI in April 2001. Got my un-restricted license back in April 2002. Applied for a house job at a nuke in May 2002. Openly revealed the DUI conviction, and no one ever asked me about it.
Duke has a point though. If your DUI is still pending, you need to abide by the ruling of the court and do all that is required to have your license reinstated. As far as limited driving privileges, your attorney can get that modified so that you can go to and from work.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2003, 01:16 »
Like was said above, if it is pending you may have difficulties.  If you have gone to court, you should have paperwork proving the disposition of the charges.  The FBI file your employer will get will have the charge information, but not what occurred in court.  Have all of the info on your charge you can muster, and be forthright.  I had a DUI 3 1/2 years ago, and I received a clearance 1 1/2 years later.  Honesty is the best policy, and any reasonable occurrence can be adjudicated by the access authorization coordinator.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2003, 02:35 »
  It depends if you were actively working, or not, during the bust.  If your were working, the site will usually spell out their provisional employment policies on DUI's.  If you are not working, you are probably screwed.  10 CFR 26, has this little one liner, pertaining to requesting site access.  It states that an individual not be granted access if they have pending drug or alcohol related charges.  In other words, you have to complete all sanctions of the court, before you are eligable for hire!  I know it doesn't make sense, but you can check it out!  If you have a long time standing with one company, they may be able to slide you into a site or two, but since 9/11 most utilities don't want to even think about it!
  One amazing thing on the DUI topic. As rediculous as it sounds, the US Constitution spells out only one substance on the planet, we have a right to, that is Alcohol!  Everything else required to sustain life is purly assumed!  Driving a vehicle is the problem!  Operating a motor vehicle is a privilege in the US.  Hopefully it is right for our troops in Iraq!  I sure would hate to hear that some of our troops were casulties, because they had their driving privileges revoked!    

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2003, 06:45 »
you also have the explicit right to GUNS :)              [smiley=rocketwhore.gif]

Lets try to keep this on topic, shall we?

shiftwkr

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2003, 05:02 »
What all have said on this subject is true. Just be honest and if asked tell. Good luck

duke99301

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2003, 05:24 »
I got in to one Plant with one pending ! and got booted from another site becuse I did not tell them about one I had back in 87 yet I had been to the site many times..
and they new about the old one, and I just got cleared of the other one and had been to 3 different sites, sigh. oh will water under the bridge and I have not had a drop in 9 years to,
best thing to do is not drive. ( or drink  LOL ) ;D
good luck! And have your paper worke DONE.

RAD77DOG

« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2003, 08:34 »
I can't tell from your question if you are looking for house or road work. Some house positions require a valid driver's liscence which might affect your application date.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?