Facility & Company Information > Catawba

What are the chances of getting in with DUKE (and would I want to?)

(1/12) > >>

ChiefRocscooter:
Have been looking around to see what will be available early next year when I retire and was wondering what people had to say about DUKE.  Specifically I would love to get into Mcguire or Catawaba (looking to move to Charlotte after retirement).  Any info would be greatly welcome!!!

Rob

Fermi2:
Duke tends to keep their hiring plans close to the vest. I believe a guy from this board either interviewed or hired in there as a Non Licensed Operator. I'm not sure which member it is.

Should you get hired into either plant you'll be at an Ice Condenser Containment. The concept and construction is mind boggling to say the least. Westinghouse 4 Loop Reactors are complete A** Kickers, I'm not sure there's a poor running one in the entire country.

Mike

ChiefRocscooter:
Mike have you heard much about DUKE as a compnany to work for? and thanks I search for the guy and found him, plan on emailing and see if he would be willing to talk on phone about what he knows about Duke. 

Does anyone else know if Duke is hiring soon?  i hae made numerous searches but have had very little luck with the nuclear jobs at the Plants near Charlotte.  Any help or advice would be welcome.

Rob

Fermi2:
I'm not sure. I know a couple of SROs who work at Duke and they're not happy. I usually take stuff like that with a grain of salt as I haven't worked at a Duke Facility. Plus bad times go in phases.

Give me a few days I THINK I have the email for an SM at one of the Duke plants, in fact it's one of the plants you asked about. I'll ask him when they plan on hiring. Usually no one hires operators in the summer but I'd be happy to check for you.

Why aren't you checking out the TVA?

Mike

ChiefRocscooter:
Thanks for checkin for me.  I have not looked much at TVA as I think a post (maybe yours made it sound hard to get on eith them if you did not live in the area already.  If that is not true I will give it a second look.

Thanks,
Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version