Career Path > Training, Tests & Education

too busy to post here!

(1/1)

davioh:
I am working at a commercial plant right now on a internship/temp basis. I am also continuing to go to college.  Also I drive a long distance (over 100 miles every day).  This makes me way to busy to post much anymore. Anyways,  I was just wondering what the experts thought of the following idea:
-continue to work at the plant as a decon guy including the planned outage in the spring.
-get my associates from http://www.bismarckstate.edu/energy/students/nupt/ . this has the www.epceonline.org behind them and they've been teaching this stuff for 30 years!
my simple question: will the year of decon experience plus the associates degree be enough to land me some "better" jobs such as in I and C or NLO? 
PM me if you have any feedback about the Bismarck program. thanks in advance.

Fermi2:
When I was at Fermi we hired something like 7 guys who were deconners at our plant. None had any experience outside being deconners and no education background outside of High school. They were some of the best and hardest working operators that ever worked for us. When I left that plant my NLOs consisted of 3 Ex Deconners, 2 Ex RP Techs and 3 ex Navy . Best darn Shift of NLOs I ever had.

Provided they pass whatever entrance requirements the utility has I'd hire deconners in a heart beat.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version