Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How to get into Byron  

Author Topic: How to get into Byron  (Read 8352 times)

zeusnuce

How to get into Byron
« on: Jul 21, 2006, 12:54 »
Hi

I have been following Exelon's job opennings for a while and have not seen one yet for Byron (IL)
for an entry-level nuclear engineer. If my ultimate goal is to become an SRO in Byron, should I approach this issue in a different manner?

(I will have an MS in nuclear engineering by 2007)

Thanks

Fermi2

Re: How to get into Byron
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2006, 07:29 »
Have you checked the Exelon Website?

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2006, 07:31 »
You probably need to work an intern summer (or other quarter). Try contacting the utility directly; HR departments are used to dealing with intern queries.

(Of course, I don't actually know anyone that wants to work at Byron.  ;D )
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

zeusnuce

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2006, 10:37 »
Have you checked the Exelon Website?

Mike

Yeah. There are openings all over, its just that they all require 5-6 years of experience. There is one entry level openning at Braidwood thats been there for a couple of weeks, if it stays like this I will apply anywhere and then ask for a transfer to Byron in a couple of years. Do you think they will mind if I let them know in the interview that I plan to do something like that?

thanks

zeusnuce

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2006, 10:44 »
(Of course, I don't actually know anyone that wants to work at Byron.  ;D )

hehe..I would just prefer to work there because it is the closest Exelon plant to Rockford...

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2006, 11:25 »
No, don't let them know you're planning to transfer!!!!!

Even if you don't have the experience level desired for the job apply for it anyway!!!

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2006, 03:00 »
BZ is right on this one. If the company doesn't get the ideal applicants, they will consider others. Depending on the circumstances, it may be better to hire a local than pay big bucks to relocate...

Good luck!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?