Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bob Spillane  

Author Topic: Bob Spillane  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Bob Spillane
« on: Jul 24, 2006, 03:14 »
I thought I'd pass along this sad news to anyone who may have known Bob Spillane. Bob passed away last week in Newark NJ. He had most recently worked in Maywood NJ as an RCT but had been out of the business for the past few years. He evidently passed while having heart surgery. Bob had been in poor health for the last several years.

Bob had a hard life and he lived life hard. He was one of those characters that you either liked or hated, I don't think there was a lot of in between. I chose to like Bob. I enjoyed his sarcastic sense of humor, and respected his work ethic.  He was a stickler for detail and protocol...and kept the most detailed logbook you could imagine. So detailed it was comical. He also had a saying for almost any situation. Many of those sayings just left you scratching your head!

Rest in peace Bob.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2006, 10:05 by Laning »
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Bob Spillane
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2006, 05:10 »
Wow, this one has hit real hard. I went to a few sites in the eighties just after Bob had blown town. Legendary. Finally met him at Battelle in the early nineties. Liked him from day one...OK,OK...day two.

Spent more than one afternoon with Bob up at the Keg Room after work knocking back ice cold frosties.  Bob always got a laugh from the regulars when he would walk in and in his best Boston drawl tell the barkeep, "Gimme a glass of milk...and leave the carton". As for that ol' log book, I do remember having to help[ ol' Bob get it up to speed after he let it slide a few weeks. Hilarious.

Bob, you've left us too soon. Rest in peace my friend.

JIMBOMAFF

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2006, 04:47 »
I am shocked.  I last worked with Bobby at ADL in Boston, Al Holmes, Doc Trangus, Patrick Manning.  Bobby Al and I shared and apartment in Woburn.  I first met Bobby at Shippingport.  He showed me the ropes.  Bobby and I were room mates when we were in Columbus.  I remember the morning at Battelle when he was late for the H.P. meeting, walking into the meeting late carrying a MacDonalds bag, "traffic was a real beah" he said.  Russ Hall asked if he had trouble getting out of the parking lot.  Everyone cracked up. 

I'll meet you at the control point Bobby.

ISOCS

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2006, 06:49 »
It saddens me greatly to hear of this unfortunate news. I worked with Bob at BV in the '80's. He was definitely a character. I remember he bought a pair of flourescent high top sneakers and would always wear them unlaced. I spent time with him also putting away some frosty mugs. He will be missed. Bob

Radconpro

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2006, 11:17 »
I am sad to hear of Bob's passing.  I had heard he was having problems for  few years. He was a true character!!!  I still have a video of him acting crazy at Maff's wedding reception in Columbus, OH.  R.I.P Bob

Dan

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2006, 11:09 »
Worked with Bob along time ago. I remember his for his attention to detail. Nice guy and good worker. Will be missed.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?