Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Reporting Promotion
honeypot

Author Topic: Reporting Promotion  (Read 5470 times)

igotdizzy

Reporting Promotion
« on: Jul 29, 2006, 03:55 »
I heard from some of my instrutors that some surface ships only allow E-5's and higher to operate(RO), as a result RO's get capped to E-5 imediately after reporting. Does anybody know if this is true and if so which ships do this

Rad Sponge

Re: Reporting Promotion
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2006, 05:49 »
Untrue.

CAP'd means Captains Advancement Program and it is a merit based program allowing the Commanding Officer of a seagoing command to advance a Sailor E-3 through E-5 to the next highest paygrade. There are a limited number of Sailors CAP's per year and its not done to increase watch rotation flexibility.

Most nukes are E-5 soon after reporting, so I'm pretty sure the "instructor" is BSing you or passing on some sort of sea-ditty.

taterhead

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2006, 08:00 »
uh, in short, no.

JMK has it right.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2006, 09:48 »
I have seen ships where the CO would have a policy that you had to be E-5 for senior in rate or E-6 for EWS. Sometimes that would result in CAP.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2006, 10:00 »
I agree that it could happen for a number of reasons, but the initial ppost made it seem like it was a common and numerous occurence.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2006, 04:26 »
It has been my general observation that qualification comes before the promotion - not because of it.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

visserjr

« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2006, 08:49 »
This one time at sea this is a real no SH*******. Which means it is largely false. Never seen or heard Capping a new guy to increase watch rotation. Good laugh though. :)

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2006, 09:02 »
That 's a good one,  I would guess that would mean they would then be qyalified for mail bouy watchm or perhaps they would be authorized to then for to Radio suite to get the highly secert ASH reciever ;D.
Seriously, I am guessing someone is talking half of one story and mixing it with half of another!!  Maybe there are so many Nucke on a carrier they do not E-4 to stand RO!!  Back in the day we were three section only if the E-4 were standing RO!! and RO E4 stood RO over E5/6 RO if E4 had more time on board!!!  It was hard for Staff Pickup to be AMR2 UL for E4 but they usually got it drilled into them that when they knew the boat better than  E4 they could take his watch!

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?