St Lucie

Above Average
12 (20.3%)
Average
14 (23.7%)
Below Average
33 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: St. Lucie  (Read 166399 times)

snowbound12566

Re: Talk About: St Lucie
« Reply #75 on: Jun 20, 2003, 03:53 »
So what's the story this week?  Have head's started to role?

Lone Wolf, did you once work for me?

thx113823

« Reply #76 on: Jun 22, 2003, 05:17 »
[smiley=rocketwhore.gif]  No....no heads rolling yet!
Unit 2 just reached 100% yesterday ( Sat.). Managed
to get everything fixed.....more or less. Also got our
INPO training accreditation renewed....Wow!! Other
than that, things seemed to have calmed down.

thx113823

« Reply #77 on: Jul 05, 2003, 12:02 »
Just a little Lucy update in case anyone is interested! Last
week the site VP announced that all management people
starting with the Maintenance Dept's are now required
to submit a resume and application for their own jobs. Then
they ( upper management ) will start matching the best
people for the existing jobs!!! Sounds like they're starting to
sharpen the axe.

jackmehoff

« Reply #78 on: Jul 05, 2003, 02:04 »
Let's see if they can find a correct position for the Creature of the Night at the head of the nuclear division.  When they axe that bastard, they should assure a stake is included in the package to assure that he remains gone.

As for Lucie itself, anyone receiving the axe will be someone with little vested interest, since most of the previous management (you know, the guys that were WORLD CLASS and on the NRC GOOD GUY LIST) are gone.  These were the folks that knew how to put the plant together and keep it operating.

Those management folks that were part of this team and not axed have quit because the conditions for management is deplorable.  (as you can read from the previous post)

I keep rehashing the same thing in my postings, but I hold some deep resentment toward that company.  

For those of you that remain after these cuts, if you haven't realized that your time is coming, wake up!!

Bargaining unit folks, stay where you are.  With any senority, the worst that can happen is the young will be roled.  At least people with time invested in the plant will have a position.

WARNING:
Standing Between the Board of Directors and a Dividend can be HAZARDOUS to Your Career.

Remember:  When the plant management is sitting behind closed doors, they count each person packaged as a $50,000/year savings.
They will manipulate the numbers on their matrices so that the person they want to be gone has the poorest score.
When they present you with a package, they will tell you:

You have so many days to find another job within FPL.  
You will be given the severence money at the end of that period.
If you don't sign the agreement for the severence package, you will still not have a job and you will lose the money.

P.S. Never trust the HR manager or his underlings.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #79 on: Jul 05, 2003, 08:06 »
Never trust the HR manager or his underlings.

Don't Tell me you trusted your HR manager. There job is to lie, trick and layoff as many people as Possible. Union or Non- Union.
How do you think these CEO's get 27 million Dollar  Bonuses!
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

snowbound12566

DJRe: Talk About: St Lucie
« Reply #80 on: Jul 07, 2003, 05:28 »
DJ@ Clinton,
Do you drink carrot juice and milk?

snowbound12566

« Reply #81 on: Jul 29, 2003, 04:18 »
Well it finally happened.
The last manager with any tenure has been removed from the site, and supposedly sent to corporate headquarters.
Well, for the rest of you, this is what your future looks like.  Tell your significant others now.  This way it won't be such a shock when you arrive at home earlier than usual and have to inform them that you are the latest FPL victim.

snowbound12566

« Reply #82 on: Aug 21, 2003, 04:37 »
More loveliness from those guys that brought you Ready Kilowatt.
Packages and immediate removal from site for:
Work Control Dept. Head
I&C Dept. Head
Electrical Dept. Head
Work Control Folks
Document Control/Corrective Action Supervisor
Plant Manager being allowed to retire in December

Folks in Juno also affected:
Former Training Manager
Former Operations Supervisor

Remember, your turn is coming
Stay in Bargaining Unit
Call in Sick alot
Find other employment
Give 2 day notice (Walk in and tell them "I'm leaving today!"

jackmehoff

« Reply #83 on: Sep 29, 2003, 03:39 »
The blood letting continued last week.  
I&C is in need of planners because they're gone.  
Some folks are actually taking positions at least 2 steps lower than they were.  There goes future pay raises.  And they're not safe in their new positions either.  When the managers review employess next go around, your salary will be way above your level and you're bait for sure.
By the way, St. Lucie is now Peach Bottom south.  
Typical of the new management to wipe out the current staff, take credit for the successes that were put into place several management teams ago and then move on before too much is pinned on them.
The evil vampire still leads the pack.
Good luck my friends!

LoneWolf

« Reply #84 on: Oct 27, 2003, 04:19 »
[smiley=deal.gif] Some would say 1 step forward and 2 steps back, but hopefully the train wheels have gripped the track and perhaps she will get rolling very soon.

Neubium

« Reply #85 on: Dec 04, 2003, 07:02 »
Sounds Great!

sparky

« Reply #86 on: Dec 06, 2003, 09:09 »
When are the reactor heads scheduled to be replaced and when is steam generator replacement supposed to happen? Are those outages scheduled yet?

jackmehoff

« Reply #87 on: Dec 06, 2003, 11:59 »
The SGs on Unit 1 have already been replaced.  As for the other unit, the last I heard, FPL management said that if they had to replace unit 2's SGs they would just shut the plant down.
I have never heard any plans for Rx Head replacement.

bronxcheer

« Reply #88 on: Dec 06, 2003, 02:43 »
How old is unit 2? How can it not be worth replacing the steam gennys?

jackmehoff

« Reply #89 on: Dec 06, 2003, 03:08 »
Unit 2 is about 10 years younger than Unit 1.  The replacement of SGs costs hundreds of millions of dollars.  FPL likes there to be a three year return, at the most, on its investments.
It has done stupid things in the past, like paying an exhorbitant price for Seabrook and then there was the Colonial Penn fiasco.
At this point, replacing SGs or Reactor Heads would be a crap shoot.  The entire St. Lucie management team that knew how to take the plant apart and put it back together has been packaged.  They have people from a BWR trying to run their Ops department, and the skuttle butt from the plant is that they don't have a clue.
The evil one is in charge of nuclear.  God help us all.

duke99301

« Reply #90 on: Dec 06, 2003, 03:58 »
SGT has the contract to do the SGRP at this site and the head replacemnt here and at turkey point. all to happen in the near furture. the head at turkey 1st. and ANO.

classair

« Reply #91 on: Dec 06, 2003, 04:29 »
I had worked for Indian River Insolation as a tin knocker/ scaffold builder for (Bill Ninesling and Jerry Collier) at Lucie for several outages it was when the jellyfish cloged the intake ... worked with a BIG long blonde haired male laborer went by the name of Chicago use to throw the Bean on us(polished Florida seabean) for $5.00 if you did not have yours with you.  Just thinking about getting back into the zoomies again and if any of you know of the outages I speak of or know Chicago send me a line  

P.S I use to go by BullRider

Thanks
                              Classair

Neubium

« Reply #92 on: Dec 08, 2003, 07:43 »
PSL Unit 2 is scheduled for Generator replacement in 2005. PSL Unit 1 has had generators replaced already. PTN and PSL are to have all RX heads replaced. PTN is first to begin Head replacement, starting October 2004.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #93 on: Dec 08, 2003, 04:06 »
PSL Unit 2 is scheduled for Generator replacement in 2005. PSL Unit 1 has had generators replaced already. PTN and PSL are to have all RX heads replaced. PTN is first to begin Head replacement, starting October 2004.

It is amazing that PSL has committed to replace their S/G on Unit 2. Last time I was there (2001) the conventional wisdom was the minority stake holder companies (owning about 15% of Unit 2 generation) would block any attempt at major jobs like S/G or Head. Glad to see common sense (and high natural gas prices) have forced reconsideration.

Eventually PSL will get better, if only because they have a better surrounding community than PTN, and will get some more of PTN's best.
If only there were a way to not get PTN's worst (again). ;)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #94 on: Dec 09, 2003, 05:29 »
If you are going to go through the time and expense of licence renewal:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/news/2003/03-128.html

Why wouldn't you replace your major components to ensure a viable plant life?

SD
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

snowbound12566

« Reply #95 on: Dec 09, 2003, 05:36 »
There is great expense in the replacement of SGs and Rx Heads.  The bottom line in the utility industry has become the per share dividend.
FPL has led the way in cost reduction via staffing and job scope reductions.
The fact that they are moving towards replacing those components is a good sign and may contribute to job security for their employees (especially bargaining unit)
As for the FPL exempt employees, they are still fodder for the continual nuclear downsizing.
It wasn't too long ago that the Ops Licensed On-Shift Managers were told that if it wasn't for the fact that it took so long to replace them, they would be fired.
Look around Lucie and try to find any managers with tenure.  They don't exist.  Those that weren't packaged have been demoted.

classair

« Reply #96 on: Dec 09, 2003, 04:22 »
I was wondering  ??? I worked at Lucie Years Ago and I wanted to get in on an up and comeing outage, Who I can contacy about a carpenter job building those damn tube lock scaffolding
Thanks

Neubium

Re: St Lucie
« Reply #97 on: Jan 24, 2004, 05:00 »
 :-[PSL has an outage right around the corner in March. They are on a crash course. PWO back log is through the roof and outage prep in non existent. HP manager is in Neutral and many improvements have not surfaced as intended. I would predict a new slap of reality to hit the HP organization very soon.

Neubium

« Reply #98 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:53 »
 :-X Hey Lone Wolf whasssssup? Have you heard the latest rumors about some serious openings in HP? I hear thr HP ops Supv is not staying for the long haul, the department head is moving up, and at least 1 of the 2 new supervisors from the technician ranks is going back. I hear rumblings that they may both go back because they are discouaged at spinning their wheels. They are both trying, I'll give em that!

LoneWolf

« Reply #99 on: Feb 01, 2004, 12:00 »
Neutron: yes I have also heard something very similar. PSL and PTN are both struggling but they are hanging on.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?