Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Watts Bar Unit 2 Restart honeypot

Author Topic: Watts Bar Unit 2 Restart  (Read 26808 times)

RAD-GHOST

Re: Watts Bar Unit 2 Restart
« Reply #25 on: Jul 07, 2008, 04:51 »
nuketarded,

It sure seems like the industry spends a lot of time considering public perspective today when it had no influence in the past.

"NO influence in the past", who said that, besides you?

RG..... :-\

nuketarded

« Reply #26 on: Jul 07, 2008, 08:33 »
nuketarded,

"NO influence in the past", who said that, besides you?

RG..... :-\

"Very little influence...".   Sorry for the bad quote, it wasn't my intent to misconstrue your statement. 

My point was that I would expect todays concern (and subsequent use of resources) to be proportional to influence expected.  It may very well be exactly that way.  It just seems skewed to me.  Maybe that's just the way it is presented, perhaps it's a little sensationalized?  Perhaps it's just my perception.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #27 on: Jul 08, 2008, 05:01 »
nuketarded

No Problem, everybody’s entitled to their opinion, that's AMERICA!

My point was that I would expect todays concern (and subsequent use of resources) to be proportional to influence expected

Influenced by who, or what?  Facts, Fiction, or EGO's? 

Here are some of the factual influences I consider:

Gas at $4.00 a gallon. Diesel at $5.00!
Home Heating Oil over $3.00+ a gallon!
A cord of wood costing over $300.00+! 
Average price of food increased by about 10 - 30% this year!
Unemployment rate growing due to people not being able to afford the costs of commuting to work!
Utility Fuel surcharges sucking a couple of dinners off the kitchen table!
Crime increasing proportional to the economy, (Like that's a surprise)!
Less fortunate individuals choosing between HEAT or EAT!
We're just one Natural Disaster from increasing all those numbers by 25 - 50%! (Keep your fingers crossed)

Wait a minute, hold on, where would we be if we had those extra 200 nukes running today?   :-\

One last thing, "As the Valley", what's your opinion?

Seems obvious to me, but then again, it could be the deception of perception?

RG!

nuketarded

« Reply #28 on: Jul 08, 2008, 07:07 »
My opinion is shaped by my daily experience, including this conversation.  I'm not quite a pushover (It makes me feel better to call it being open-minded) but I know the limitations of my own experience.  On one side I see the industry spending quite a bit of money (particularly to NEI) to help better position itself in the eyes of the public and lawmakers.  On the other side I see the undeniable need for infrastructure development and all the other benefits that come with it.

I am betting on the licensing of WBN-2 for a lot of reasons, despite a 20 year backlog of issues.  I also think that it is a great place to train some of those who will work on the next generation of plants. 

BTW, Construction permit extension has been ordered for WBN-2.  Extended to March 2013.  One step at a time.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?