Browns Ferry

Above Average
19 (32.8%)
Average
15 (25.9%)
Below Average
24 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Browns Ferry  (Read 168382 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Browns Ferry
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:21 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

IBENNUKED

Re: Browns Ferry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2004, 04:07 »
Browns Ferry I never thought I would go there, but yet here I am.

oldtimer

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2004, 04:05 »
A dry county in the middle of the cotton fields.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2004, 05:52 »
A dry county in the middle of the cotton fields.

While I live in a dry county (and vote to maintain it), I should inform those interested that the city of Athens is now wet. Few Alabama counties that are dry are dry all over today!
 :o
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:41 »
 :P
 If you really like this work, not a bad place to do it. Dirty,dirty, dirty plant but great people. House tech's treat everyone pretty well. Not arrogant like some plants around them. Laid back! Did I mention dirty?  Well, maybe not that bad.
  It is in the middle of nowhere. cotton feilds mostly. Still, everyone here seems to work well together. I'll be back. With a "dish". No cable here.

Asa1

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2004, 02:47 »
I always enjoyed working at the Ferry.  Would go back. Good people, nice area, ok pay, and no snow. Hi to everyone there that knows me!

Asa

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Browns Ferry
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:35 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:21 »
Some sites you can sum up in three words.
Browns Ferry can be summed up in three letters: BBQ.
It's a great place with some of the best BBQ in the bedroom communities.
 :P
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:11 »
Stanlieo's Sub Villa (2 in Huntsville) has great cheese steak subs (and other subs I hear from reliable sources, but I can't pass up the steak!)

whosez

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:50 »
The Hungry Fisherman-Athens, AL
The Best Seafood.

Offline CarolinaGirl

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2004, 02:07 »
Ladies, No matter how good Rome makes it sound, you don't want to eat at Jimmy's Steak House!!!!!!

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2004, 11:37 »
I can't remember the name, (but there's only one BBQ in Town Creek) but a little BBQ place in Town Creek, AL is South of Wheeler Dam on AL-101 about 1/2 block North of Alternate US 72 / AL 20.

They had good white sauce or red sauce for their BBQ. The slaw had lots of vinegar to really make a good sandwich (another SC trait I acquired!)

Offline idrum4food

• Moderate User
  • If ya need air, rope, or wings to get ta where yur goin, ya don't need ta go.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2004, 01:06 »
Copelands in Huntsville has great cajun cooking along with seafood and steak. Also Dale's Steak House in Muscle Sholes is excellent. Jimmy's has good steak but not for eating. Well, I guess you coul.......Never mind.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2004, 01:09 by idrum4food »

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 18, 2004, 01:04 »
I miss my Rome, he dont come and see me at the outages no more, Come back Rome - Come Back!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Industry_event

« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2004, 12:27 »
I miss you to! I hope to get back there this upcoming outage that is if they release us from here.

whosez

« Reply #15 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:32 »
Rome groupies? Are you people smoking crack?

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #16 on: Jul 20, 2004, 01:30 »
RomE is the salt of the earth. Do nothing of what he says though because we will all get a good laugh at your expense. And yes, Jimmys is a food joint or is that 'meat market"? Anyway, Mexican is big here too. Can't remember the name but never go to the one right on 72 across from FOODWORLD. The one down town athens near Krogers is best.
 As for The hungry fisherman, good but small portions and a little expensive(relative) The catfish cabin is good too and great hushpuppies. Also much soul food......Hey RomE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love ya...............mean it.............Give us a hug :P

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2004, 12:20 »
So how many contractors are there working at Browns Ferry these days?

I hear all my old friends have found their own little corner of Paridise down there!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Sep 07, 2004, 07:05 »
So how many contractors are there working at Browns Ferry these days?

I hear all my old friends have found their own little corner of Paridise down there!

Could you clarify what you mean by working?

Quite a few contract HP's here. There is no provision for house techs to cover Unit 1 Restart, so there are enough slots for all the restart work (though there is a little swapping back and forth between house and contractors in between plant lab and Unit 1.)

I can't give you exact numbers, but there are about 100,000 cars in front of me at the gate house each day!
 :o

whosez

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2004, 04:19 »
40 Contract HP Techs.

Phideaux

« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2005, 11:33 »
2 in the cavity and 2 out of your clothes in the shower maybe! But you HAVE to work there at least once! The plant is rather crapped up (hee hee hee) but the folks there are fantastic to work with. They're used to dealing with hot stuff and pushy project managers. Ask to work the refuel floor with Wild Bill. It'll  be a hoot!

You can get a lot of really valuable HP experience there. For instance, you can learn how to crawl on 5 RAD smearable shield blocks without getting any on (or in) you. Maybe you'll get to find out how long YOU can go without a bathroom break before you start whizing blood. Like I said, you have to work there at least once. Think of it as a sort of boot camp for HPs. You won't regret it.

As a bonus, that part of Alabama is beautiful! Bring your fishing gear!

Industry_event

« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2005, 09:14 »
We will be glad to have you. Yes we have alittle bit of that Alpha thing here too on Unit-1. Bust your butt here and show them your a good worker and they might ask you to stay on for Unit-1 restart. Alot of experiened techs here - you can learn alot for some of the old timers. Wild Bill is the man on the refuel floor, that the place to be. Get your self some yellers, get in the zone and drag some smears. See ya soon! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

slattmandu

« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2005, 09:23 »
Been to the Ferry multiple times. Good plant to get HP/RP experience at. Also will help Nukedog with that 2R/lifetime exposure. I won't make this refuel there, so everyone have a good outage!

klsas

« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2005, 01:29 »
Great group of people to work with. It's 60 miles from the house, but I got caught with the 6 - 10's 4 years ago and haven't been back. The bank tellers giggle when they see a 60 hour, no diem check from the Ferry.

RadJazz

« Reply #24 on: Feb 05, 2005, 04:56 »
I've worked Watts Bar and Sequoyah and I have to say - never been treated so good.
I mean 2 in and 2 out and they never mess with you when you're out. I would imagine being a sister plant they would treat you as good. Or would they not?

Don't you get spoiled by the plants up the River, Nukedog.   No such thing as 2 in and 2 out here.   It's all shift long!
get a drink, go potty, and back you go. (unless, of course, you need a shower.... >:()  If it's work and experience you want, here you will get!   Come on down............show em what you got.   Don't forget your puppy chow...you'll need it!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?