McGuire

Above Average
0 (0%)
Average
1 (100%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: McGuire  (Read 31948 times)

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
McGuire
« Reply #25 on: Aug 29, 2005, 09:36 »
I was one of there CORE techs fancy way of saying your stuck at a low pay rate for at least a year.  Did my year and left, havent been back since.  The people were ok, could make it hard if your not a good ol' boy.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
McGuire
« Reply #26 on: Aug 20, 2006, 02:46 »
This area is booming, for all of you coming in for the Fall 2006 outage there are lots of new stores, shopping centers and entertainment offerings here.

On Exit 18 off of I-77 (Hankins Road) you will find the Northlake Mall http://www.shopnorthlake.com/ which has a huge multi-plex theatre, high end shops and several places to eat. There are also a couple of new shopping centers on the fringes of the mall and further down Hankins Road the opposite way including a Lowes Grocery store which I fell in love with.

Among the selecton of shops the mall offers is a Godiva Chocolatier, Pottery Barn, Build a Bear, Ann Taylors and The Grape Wine Seller.

Fermi2

McGuire
« Reply #27 on: Aug 20, 2006, 09:48 »
When I'm in Charlotte I love eating at the Boardwalk Billys thats just east of the city.

Mike

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
McGuire
« Reply #28 on: Aug 20, 2006, 11:01 »
Downtown good Pizza (fancy type) at Brick Oven.  All kinds of different custom pizzas good old world style (wood smoke oven)

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
McGuire
« Reply #29 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:02 »
But how is OPs?? I sent in Resume to OPs today and got friendly response (guy could have just deleated it and igonred, but he took time to fire back a nice note).  Cant be all that bad?? I hope!

Rob
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
McGuire
« Reply #30 on: Sep 16, 2006, 08:35 »
Okay you guys here's a great place to eat if you like GREAT Chinnese:

Golden Taipei Chinese Cuisine & Sushi Bar which is located at The Shoppes at Davis Lake, 8511 Davis Lake Parkway, Charlotte. If you are staying at the Suburban Lodge on Harris Blvd go out to the light and turn left, go to the 2nd light and turn left. It is a few doors down from the Lowe's grocery store (another great find).

Food is served family style at table and believe me if you're with other people consider sharing a dish or if you want lunch for the next day order your own as they are not afraid to feed you!

Service was wonderful too, I believe Henry would give them 5 Stars just for keeping his tea glass full!!!

Average price between 7.95 and 9.25 for an entree. Domestic Beer $1.00 per bottle on the weekends.

Open 7 days a week, phone for take out 704-494-8688.

harrispb

ELT from NC needs a contact
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 02:55 »
I am currently stationed on board USS Enterprise as an ELT. I am getting out soon and would like to try and work at McGuire. I was hoping that there is an old Enterprise guy that works there that could help me out.

deelpickle

McGuire
« Reply #32 on: Oct 15, 2009, 08:04 »
Anybody know the key to getting an invite to take the POSS test for McGuire and Duke Power? They have the Learner position posted right now and I applied, but not sure when they do testing or anything like that. Anybody got any good info they can pass on to give me an idea? Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to get away from the railroad industry and get into a career such as this. At least it seems more of a challenge than inspecting freight cars and doing air brake tests.

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
Re: McGuire
« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2009, 10:47 »
Cant really tell you anything more than you already know

There are jobs posted for OPS learners at all three sites so the only thing I can offer is to go to the Duke website and apply on-line.

From what I have read they sometimes do not reply to applicants but if they are interested in you they would call for an interview and that is usually when the poss would be offered.

good luck

sf

deelpickle

« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2009, 01:22 »
Thanks Spent. I did go on the Duke website and verify that my application was complete and submitted. Maybe I'll get a call soon. Anybody got any clue as to this job. For example:

The class is supposedly starting sometime between March and July of 2010. If you pass the POSS and interview well, is there a chance they would bring you onboard earlier than that to get your feet wet and start learning the facility. Contingent on the background and medical clearances...

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to a career change in a bad way....

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:58 »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2012, 02:07 »
What an idiotic thing to do. (post modified by user to be more p.c.)
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2012, 12:31 by Camella Black »

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2012, 05:46 »
I'm sure he was merely trying to apply for a job at the site. ;D

Another recent "Darwin Award" winner electrocuted himself while attempting to steal the copper wire from an energized transformer at a Duke Energy substation. His "burnt toast" carcass was found when Duke Energy investigated the cause of a blackout in the neighborhood.

Offline EM1Badger

• Very Lite User
« Reply #38 on: Apr 07, 2012, 10:46 »
Anyone know when the next NLO class up is going to be?

HITR94

« Reply #39 on: Mar 07, 2014, 10:29 »
Newb here, both on the site, and in the industry.

Going to McGuire later this month for my first outage.  Looking forward to the opportunity.

A lot of the info in this part of the forum is dated, but its still a good start, as is a lot of the info throughout the rest of the forum. 

Thanks to all....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?