Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu McGuire - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: McGuire - Lodging  (Read 47927 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
McGuire - Lodging
« on: Aug 12, 2001, 02:25 »
If anyone has lodging information for McGuire, please post it here.

The following tips were posted earlier by NukeWorkers:

1.      "Lake Norman Hotel" is in Sherrills Ford, NC, on Slanting Bridge Road.
2.      "Lake House Motel" on Hwy 21 in Cornelius, NC
3.      Try Exit 18 off of I-77 (Harris Boulevard), .  the "Suburban Lodge" on Harris Blvd. at I-77, just east of US 21, has studios with kitchens. There phone number is 704-544-3933
4.      Try Exit 36 off of I-77 (Hwy 150, Mooresville, NC). There's a Days Inn, Ramada Inn, Sleep Inn, and a Super 8
5.      Try http:// www.lakenorman.org and click on to "Where to Stay".  There you will find a list of various accommodations on Lake Norman including campgrounds, condos/homes to rent and hotels.  
6.      Hotels like Candlewood Suites and Hawthorn Suites are geared for longer stays as they have mini-kitchens in them.  
7.      A company called Corporate Relocation works with the local apartments.  You might check with them to see if they have such short stays. 

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 03:50 by Camella Black »

Fast_One

Re: McGuire
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2002, 07:19 »
Check the Homestead Lodge down by the airport...rents weekly efficiencies...take your own TV though, they used to charge extra for theirs. 30 mins. or less to work. Probably still under $200 a week.
Other than that check the Denver area on Hwy 16 out past the plant. Seems like a lot of techs used to find places over there. Good Luck  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 10:46 by Camella Black »

conFusion

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2002, 10:08 »
Anybody looking for McGuire should call Oak Hill Apts in Davidson (704-892-1859). They're managed by a nice little German lady. Nothing fancy - looks like student housing - but she understands outages and doesn't stick you when the layoff comes. The place is 5mi N. of the plant's exit, small college town.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 10:47 by Camella Black »

slick

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2002, 01:23 »
I lived in the Oak Hill Apts. in Davidson, NC, for a year. ConFusion is correct; it is a nice place, in a small QUIET college town. Davidson is not your typical college town.

Oak Hill is great, I lived there last outage and my neighbors were great too.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 10:48 by Camella Black »

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2003, 08:55 »
If you're into camping, the Lake Norman State Park, at the end of State Park Road in Troutman, NC, has campsites available. The park is off I-77 at Exit 42, ~ 30 minutes north of McGuire (I-77 at Exit 25). If you exit I-77 at Exit 42, there are signs that direct you through Troutman straight to the park. The park is on Lake Norman, so you can go swimming at the park swimming area, hike the shoreline, fish, or just mellow-out. You're fairly close to supermarkets in Troutman, and only minutes from restaurants, bars and shopping in Mooresville (I-77, Exit 36).
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 10:49 by Camella Black »

slick

« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2003, 06:18 »
My two cents worth, don't stay at the Suburban Lodge. I turned them into the BBB, but you can guess what happened.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 10:50 by Camella Black »

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2003, 01:15 »
If you're into camping, consider the following:
Wildlife Woods Campground Inc
Nc 150 Highway, Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
(704) 483-5611

Cross Country Campgrounds
6254 Highway 150 East, Denver, NC 28037
(704) 483-5897

Both locations are on Lake Norman, approximately 16 miles northwest of the plant.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 10:51 by Camella Black »

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2004, 03:18 »
Birkdale Village, and The Shops at Norcross (I-77 at Exit 25 Huntersville), are two of the biggest areas for shopping, restaurants and theatres. Birkdale is a little pricey though, catering to the Yuppies.
The Town of Davidson, I-77 at Exit 30, is a quaint little town, with shops on Main Street, and a tree-lined campus at Davidson College.
If you're into NASCAR, Mooresville (I-77 at Exit 36) is the place for you (Race City USA). There are a number of NASCAR shops in town, (Dale Earnhardt Inc., Robert Yates Racing) that give tours. If you visit the "Visitor Information Center" , they'll get you hooked up.
There's Blythe Landing and Jetton Park just north of the plant if you want to spend a day at the park, on the shores of Lake Norman.
Then there's always uptown Charlotte , I-77 South to the Brookshire Freeway East to the Church Street exit. Make your way to Tryon Street, for it is the man-drag through uptown Charlotte, and it has some nightlife.
If you want some good seafood, Big Daddy's Seafood Restaurant on Hwy 150 in Mooresville [I-77 North to Exit 36 (Hwy 150), and then head west] is the place to go.
There's also shopping and theatres in Mooresville at Exit 36 off I-77, with a shopping centers to the east and west on Hwy 150.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004, 03:39 by SST »

Offline 3rdGenHP

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2005, 01:51 »
If you want a Hotel within 5 miles of McGuire try the Ramada Inn in Huntersville. Walking distance to Food, Banking, and Shops.  Only downside is they charge $6 a night more for a Micro/Fridge.

You also have access to High Speed Internet, Gym, and Pool at the sister Hotel next door.

Exit 25 on 77.  704-892-6597
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008, 03:03 by Camella Black »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: McGuire - Lodging
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2008, 05:37 »
A Home Suite Home, LLC

I thank heaven I found this place. Henry, and Brad are currently renting from April and the condo is wonderful and so is the price and neighborhood. I would rate this place 5 Stars and recommend it to anyone who needs a home away from home.

The condos come fully stocked from furniture,towels, t.p., linens, etc. Even the laundry detergent! Utilities, satellite, internet, phone and all included.

Please mention my name (Camella) or nukeworker and she will work with you and your weird job schedule (weeks, not months, etc). They are on the approved list for Duke.

April Blasier Beckman
A Home Suite Home, LLC
19706- B One Norman Blvd #137
Cornelius, NC 28031
Office: 704-892-0027
Fax: 704-237-1914
www.aHomeSuiteHome.com
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 11:48 by Camella Black »

Offline 5kip6

• Light User
  • All's great!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2008, 04:42 »
Thanks for the info Camella,  Called yesterday and have booked a condo for the outage.     Sounds to  good to be true.   

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2008, 04:56 »
Thank you again, Camella!!  Karma to ya!!

We will be staying there as well... Heather's Haven is the condo we chose.  It sounds like it will be perfect for our family.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Aug 09, 2008, 10:46 »
Thanks for the info Camella,  Called yesterday and have booked a condo for the outage.     Sounds to  good to be true.   

Let me know how it goes, we love our place. Close to shops, food, work. Has a pool, gym and like I said everything but our personal stuff furnished. Even books and magazines.

A Home Suite Home

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2008, 04:21 »
A Home Suite Home provides upscale temporary housing on and around
Lake Norman.  Minutes from McGuire.  Our properties are very clean and
have EVERYTHING you need.  Just like your home.

We are local owers of all the properties and if you need anything
we are here to help.

www.AHomeSuiteHome.com
704-892-0027

April Beckman
ahomesuitehome@aol.com

hdalton

« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2009, 10:17 »
I currently have a private room available for rent within 5 minutes of mcguires.  This room includes:  Cable, internet, nicely furnished and private bath.
If you are looking for a nice place thats quiet and professional environment, then this is the place.  No partying accepted!  Rent is week to week with a 2 week notice departure notice and one week deposit. 
Please contact me if interested.... 704 502-7663 or e-mail at berh30@yahoo.com.

artistatlg

« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2009, 12:52 »
If anyone is looking for a great, convenient, private spot to rent check out http://www.asiteforme.com/Outage-House-Flyer.jpg (copy and paste into your search bar or address bar) Call me at 901-262-9565 for details.

2 bedrooms
2 bath
fully furnished
covered,paved parking
private
immediately across the street from McGuire.

Very Nice

artistatlg

« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2010, 12:55 »
Check out The Outage House (www.outagehouse.com) 2 bed/2 bath, walking distance to McGuire, fully furnished, private, short and long term rental available. Call 910-262-9565 for details.

AHomeSuiteHome

« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2010, 11:50 »
If anyone has lodging information for McGuire, please post it here.

The following tips were posted earlier by NukeWorkers:

1.      "Lake Norman Hotel" is in Sherrills Ford, NC, on Slanting Bridge Road.
2.      "Lake House Motel" on Hwy 21 in Cornelius, NC
3.      Try Exit 18 off of I-77 (Harris Boulevard), .  the "Suburban Lodge" on Harris Blvd. at I-77, just east of US 21, has studios with kitchens. There phone number is 704-544-3933
4.      Try Exit 36 off of I-77 (Hwy 150, Mooresville, NC). There's a Days Inn, Ramada Inn, Sleep Inn, and a Super 8
5.      Try http:// www.lakenorman.org and click on to "Where to Stay".  There you will find a list of various accommodations on Lake Norman including campgrounds, condos/homes to rent and hotels.  
6.      Hotels like Candlewood Suites and Hawthorn Suites are geared for longer stays as they have mini-kitchens in them.  
7.      A company called Corporate Relocation works with the local apartments.  You might check with them to see if they have such short stays. 

AHomeSuiteHome

« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2010, 11:58 »
Please check out our website for McGuire's Outage Housing.  

Our properties have everything for your stay!!!!
www.ahomesuitehome.com

They are right down the street on HWY 73(Catawba Ave)
Some on the water, some off the water.

Our solutions is best if you room with one or two please depending on if it is a two or three bedroom.
Clean, includes:  $80 allowance in Gas/electric, wireless internet, unlimited long distance, satellite television w/ over 250 stations some units have high def w/ dvr recording in case you work late and miss your favorite shows!!!

April Beckman
A Home Suite Home, LLC
Cornelius, NC 28031
Office: 704-892-0027
email:  ahomesuitehome@gmail.com

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2010, 11:59 by AHomeSuiteHome »

melssen

Where to live (or not to live) very long term near McGuire?
« Reply #19 on: Sep 26, 2011, 03:45 »
Primary considerations:
within 30 min of McGuire station.
Good Schools
Safe enough neighborhood where you can have your daughter walk small dog at night.
Taxes
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2011, 03:45 by melssen »

Offline matthew snipes

• Very Lite User
« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2014, 03:49 »
InTown Suites - McGuire Power Plant
Extended Stay Rates In Charlotte, NC
Call To Reserve Today! (678) 701-3617

Do you need a hotel room for the McGuire Nuclear Plant Outage?
Our rates start at just $219.99/ Week, No Credit Check! No Lease!

Our InTown Suites extended-stay property in Northeast Charlotte offers affordable extended-stay accommodations with a long list of amenities including free high-speed Internet, 42" flat panel TVs with free premium channels and weekly housekeeping. We are located at 7706 North Tryon Street, near many restaurants, shopping centers, and public transportation.  Plus each room is fully equipped with all the latest features including complete kitchens, GIANT 42" HD TVs with an impressive HD channel selection, free high speed Internet and more!   

Planing to attend another plant outage, industrial turnaround or other traveling construction work?  InTown Suites has over 100 locations nationally and we specialize in working with the construction industry. We'll find you the best lodging option for your next job! Give us a call any time at (678) 701 - 3617.

Offline bdanielle

• Lurker
« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2015, 04:08 »

I currently have a lease for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment located in Denver, NC at Riverwalk Apartments. I desperately need to move and I’m looking for someone to take over the lease agreement signed until August, 2015. The lease is not required to be transferred into the potential renter’s name, with a signed agreement between the parties stating the renter would make the monthly rent payment of $837.00 plus utilities, until the current lease is terminated in August, 2015. The lease has approximately 5 months from April, 2015, and upon lease termination the renter would be able to renew such lease if desired. This is ideal for someone who is traveling on a temporary work assignment or someone looking to save money on up front deposits, moving expenses, and first month’s rent. I also would be willing to leave my washer and dryer, at no extra cost if needed.
*I need to move ASAP, and will offer $200.00 cash value to the renter taking over the lease.

Community Amenities include:
•   Boat parking
•   Salt water pool
•   Car care center
•   Clothing care center
•   2 fitness rooms
•   Business center
•   Media center
•   Beautiful clubhouse available for parties and entertaining
•   Close proximity to Lake Norman
•   Fun events each month, kid friendly.
•   Garages/storage unit available
•   Patio/Balcony
•   Dishwasher/Garbage Disposal
•   Wheel Chair Access
•   24- Hr. Emergency Maintenance
•   Easy Access to I-85, I-485, I-77
•   Central A/C and Heating
•   Convenient to restaurants, shopping, entertainment.

For inquires and further information, please contact me via email, text, or phone.
Brittanydanielle411@gmail.com
(980) 221-4551

Offline JWatson

• Lurker
McGuire RV Parks - 04/2017
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:21 »
Looking nice place to park 24' Winnebago w/ 30A, sewer, water, WiFi & possible bath house from last week of March through April as close to plant as possible.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 14, 2017, 03:54 »
Looking for a place... what's available out there?

Offline Restenh

• Lurker
RV Park for Contract Workers
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:43 »
There is a new “State of the Art” RV Park now open for contract workers at Mcquire Nuclear Plant, Plant Marshall and other Duke Energy facilities. The campground is 321 RV Park, 2100 HW Farm Road, Maiden, NC 28650. It offers 73 spacious sites with the best available utilities. On-site storage buildings are also available for worker tools and materials. Ultra high speed fiber optic WiFi is free. Discounted monthly rates for contract workers. Several excellent eating places are within 1/4 mile of the campground. Easy driving distance to Mcquire, Marshal and other Duke facilities.it is located across from the Apple facility at the intersection of US 321 and Startown Road near Maiden. Telephone in 828-302-5090.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2021, 04:52 by Restenh »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?