San Onofre

Above Average
27 (29.3%)
Average
31 (33.7%)
Below Average
34 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: San Onofre (SONGS)  (Read 493376 times)

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: San Onofre (SONGS)
« Reply #150 on: Oct 16, 2008, 04:35 »
Try going to https://www2.sce.com/pljb/edison/careers/applicant/index.jsp and searching for jobs in San Clemente.  I'd reapply for any jobs you are interested in, even if you've already sent in a resume.

Paulers

« Reply #151 on: Oct 29, 2008, 01:00 »
Didn't think I did too good on POSS but I did get a note saying I had passed.  Thanks for the help.  From what I understand, this means that I will be scheduled for knowledge test soon.   

When is your test?

Offline Droshen

• Light User
« Reply #152 on: Nov 05, 2008, 12:29 »
Paulers:

I recently was able to get thru to HR: they confirmed that I will be testing, but have not given date yet.  I will post when I find out.  As noted earlier, HR seems in chaos.  How is the implementation of the new schedule going?

Paulers

« Reply #153 on: Nov 06, 2008, 11:11 »
It is Rough - especially for license guys.  Lots of 4 hour holdovers and in earlys - well over one hundred forces in the past month but that should taper off after the outage is over.  Negotiations are at a crawl - who knows what is next?  Many are talking of a strike!

Paulers

« Reply #154 on: Nov 30, 2008, 04:56 »
 :-X still in an outage - still on 8s - still no contract ???

GSS

Jobs at San Clemente
« Reply #155 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:52 »
Are there full time long term jobs at San Clemente other than what is listed on the Southern California Edison website?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Jobs at San Clemente
« Reply #156 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:14 »
You mean as far as in-house Edison employment, or long-term supplemental staffing?

p.s. it is a HIGH cost of living area if you aren't already there

GSS

« Reply #157 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:28 »
You mean as far as in-house Edison employment, or long-term supplemental staffing?

p.s. it is a HIGH cost of living area if you aren't already there

Both, any long term work with benefits.  I own a home and currently work in the area.

I took testing for an apprentice position about 4yrs ago but did not get a response after taking the test.  I might not have done as well as I could have if I'd have studied more, or had some tutoring.  I'm older and my college education was many years ago.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2009, 08:25 by GSS »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #158 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:36 »
Both, any long term work with benefits.  I own a home and currently work in the area.

I took testing for an apprentice position about 4yrs ago but did not get a response after taking the test.  I might not have done as well as I could have if I'd have studied more, or had some tutoring.  I'm older, 51, and my college education was many years ago.

If you are satisifed in your current work and it seems stable, I'd stay put for the time being. There are some things ongoing that might affect future staffing.

GSS

« Reply #159 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:42 »
If you are satisifed in your current work and it seems stable, I'd stay put for the time being. There are some things ongoing that might affect future staffing.

Work is stable and I am in good standing there.   

But in regards to my original question.  Are there other jobs that are not so technical that are listed elsewhere?  Or is the Edison International site the only place to find jobs? 

And when you say "things ongoing", would that be to my benefit for waiting?

I would also be willing to take a less technical job as to get a foot into Edison at SONGS.  Are the only long term jobs with benifits availiable at the site I post below?:
http://www.edison.com/careers/default.asp
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2009, 08:26 by GSS »

DSO

Re: San Onofre (SONGS) Electrical Maintenance Coordinator
« Reply #160 on: Feb 23, 2009, 08:51 »
Anyone have any experience seeing/experiencing/etc what the Senior Electrical Maintenance Coordinator's job is like at SONGS? I have been contacted as to my resume being routed up the chain.

dirac

« Reply #161 on: Feb 23, 2009, 11:47 »
Anyone have any experience seeing/experiencing/etc what the Senior Electrical Maintenance Coordinator's job is like at SONGS? I have been contacted as to my resume being routed up the chain.

SONGS is going through major management changes in an effort to get back to INPO 1. They are looking for people that can institute change and change the organizations mindset. There has been a lot of hiring from outside plants with proven track records as INPO 1. One of the areas that needs the most work is work control groups and work coordination. I imagine the job would have a lot of pressure to whip the organization into shape quickly but probably with high rewards also.

DSO

« Reply #162 on: Feb 24, 2009, 07:36 »
SONGS is going through major management changes in an effort to get back to INPO 1. They are looking for people that can institute change and change the organizations mindset. There has been a lot of hiring from outside plants with proven track records as INPO 1. One of the areas that needs the most work is work control groups and work coordination. I imagine the job would have a lot of pressure to whip the organization into shape quickly but probably with high rewards also.
Gotcha--thanks buddy.

DSO

Anyone know if the Maintenance Supervisors/Coordinators at SONGS have bonus targets as a percentage of their salary? Also, what is the relo package like for these personnel-if applicable.  Thanx ;D ;D ;D

Offline tr

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #164 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:34 »
Exempt and non-exempt non-union personnel have a results sharing program.  I'm not sure what the situation is for union personnel.

DSO

« Reply #165 on: Apr 07, 2009, 10:31 »
I see AO's in training start at $27.50hr and once fully qualified (12-18 mos) make about $35/hr, but cannot ascertain the changes in pay from when hired until your fully qualified from the contract. Anyone know the step increases between when hired and fully qualified--or do you just shoot up 7.50 hr all at once?

Offline Droshen

• Light User
« Reply #166 on: Apr 08, 2009, 05:04 »
Dear Paulers, yeehaw, arkane, and all:

After passing POSS test way back in Sept 2008, I never was scheduled for knowledge test.  I called HR several times to inquire about my status and was told that I would be testing at some point.   It appears there have been changes in induction process: just recently, I was asked to re-apply thru the new on-line application process so that I could test.  I was scheduled, took test, and was interviewed yesterday- all in short order.  In order to try to better understand steam concepts, I got steam table programs for my PC as well as my Palm OS PDA.  I wonder if others use such programs, and if so: is there a favorite program/device (Palm, calculator, or "pocket PC") combination?

Glad to see that contract is settled and you are back to "experimental" schedule or similar.  Now, I'll have a chance to study the details.  Much thanks for input, Droshen............... 

Paulers

« Reply #167 on: Apr 12, 2009, 12:09 »
Anyone know the step increases between when hired and fully qualified--or do you just shoot up 7.50 hr all at once?

I remember getting an increase on the first of the year (3 months after hiring in) because it was the beginning of the year.  Then there was a step increase at 6 months.  Now that ANPEOs go thru Generic Fundamentals first (as a condition of employment they must pass) they receive a 9% NRC bonus - I believe upon Completion.  The big step is upon qualification - about $5 an hour.  Look up the UWUA 246 website - I think the info is on there somewhere.

Fermi2

« Reply #168 on: Apr 12, 2009, 01:01 »
Dear Paulers, yeehaw, arkane, and all:

After passing POSS test way back in Sept 2008, I never was scheduled for knowledge test.  I called HR several times to inquire about my status and was told that I would be testing at some point.   It appears there have been changes in induction process: just recently, I was asked to re-apply thru the new on-line application process so that I could test.  I was scheduled, took test, and was interviewed yesterday- all in short order.  In order to try to better understand steam concepts, I got steam table programs for my PC as well as my Palm OS PDA.  I wonder if others use such programs, and if so: is there a favorite program/device (Palm, calculator, or "pocket PC") combination?

Glad to see that contract is settled and you are back to "experimental" schedule or similar.  Now, I'll have a chance to study the details.  Much thanks for input, Droshen............... 

Yeah I call it a Mollier Diagram.

Mike

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #169 on: Apr 12, 2009, 09:43 »

Yeah I call it a Mollier Diagram.

Mike

Mollier Diagram... eeeyyyyeewww.. like with paper and no calculator/personal computer?   :D

Next you will be recomending doing math in your head or longhand!  What radical thoughts!

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #170 on: Apr 12, 2009, 12:26 »
I learned with the Mollier 28 years ago and can still draw it (half a**ed) from memory.  I doubt I could do that if I just downloaded a program to my PDA.  Oh wait, my PDA back then was a 3x5 notebook.  Still fits in my pocket, too.  Amazingly the battery has never died just when I need the data the most.  ;-)
Is it time for coffee yet?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #171 on: Apr 12, 2009, 01:29 »
  Oh wait, my PDA back then was a 3x5 notebook.  Still fits in my pocket, too.  Amazingly the battery has never died just when I need the data the most.  ;-)

My company just hands them out for free, my favorite is the blue one... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Fermi2

« Reply #172 on: Apr 12, 2009, 03:57 »
Mollier Diagram... eeeyyyyeewww.. like with paper and no calculator/personal computer?   :D

Next you will be recomending doing math in your head or longhand!  What radical thoughts!

LOL jams, I still do math longhand and in my head, and as you probably guessed as you know me quite well, I use a Mollier!

Mike

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #173 on: Apr 13, 2009, 10:48 »

LOL jams, I still do math longhand and in my head, and as you probably guessed as you know me quite well, I use a Mollier!

Mike

Mike, I know where you are comming from. Of course now that I am no longer a demigod SRO I cannot even spell mollier.  Still trying to decide if my next career move is double knot spy or brain surgeon!

(How is that for getting totally off topic)

DSO

San Onofre (SONGS) INPO rating
« Reply #174 on: Apr 25, 2009, 09:09 »
Anyone know what SONGS' current INPO rating is and if there are any major problems at the plant??  INPO rated them a "3" in 2006.

Thanx

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?