Crystal River

Above Average
20 (33.9%)
Average
20 (33.9%)
Below Average
19 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Crystal River  (Read 124610 times)

alphadude

Re: Crystal River
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2005, 03:01 »
yep he is still there.. so when is your report date.. ill call him up and let him know u are coming .. NOT!!! you'll never eat ham in this industry again!!!

cef

« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2005, 03:54 »
I talked with some of the guys at CR#3 today,  some have been offered( if your 50 they will give you 5 years to equal 55 and 5 years pay to retire) 
I hope the guys remember the last time offers were made, The first offer is allways the best, after that you are on your own!!!
the best of all things to all of them!!!

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Feb 02, 2005, 06:37 »
The contract for HPs will be with one of the Bartlett companies
and if it is like the last outage the pay will probably be $18.00 and $80.00 P/D

Rad Sponge

« Reply #28 on: Jun 03, 2005, 12:50 »
Does anyone have a contact number for HR at CR3 or Progress Corp?

Someone from Progress left me a message, and after playing it back 9 times I still can't make out the number.

R/ Sponge

jjordan

« Reply #29 on: Jun 06, 2005, 04:28 »
Jess,
There's always plenty of Ice Cream! Especially for you! I am on the refueling team, and Framatome has the current contract. We will be doing the refueling ouselves, but we staff in a few technical experts to assist us. I think we are bringing in 6 from Framatome, and 6 from Master Lee. It's a B&W plant so I'd bet Framatome is doing the generators as well, but I'll try to verify this. 8) Who all wants to come????
JJ

alphadude

« Reply #30 on: Jun 07, 2005, 07:05 »
wonder what ever happened to linda libertory? :P

edieataylor

Re: Crystal River Contracts
« Reply #31 on: Aug 22, 2005, 04:24 »
I've been trying to find out who holds the laborer contract for Crystal River.  Any information is helpful.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005, 10:19 by Camella Black »

Doc_REM

« Reply #32 on: Aug 23, 2005, 01:29 »
Labor's are hired throught the company...Progress Energy at the Crystal River office complex...Lot's of LUCK!....
P.S.   be ready to work for what they pay you!

edieataylor

« Reply #33 on: Aug 23, 2005, 06:44 »
I don't mind working, as long as I get a paycheck, lol.  Especially around Christmas time.  :)  Take care, and thanks a bunch!

flagator

« Reply #34 on: Aug 25, 2005, 01:28 »
HP/Decon - Bartlett
Laborers (Besides Progress Energy) - Brock
Painters - Brock
Carpenters - Brock
OE's - Not sure but possibly Brock
IW - Not sure but possibly Brock
AW - Not sure but possibly Brock
NDE/QC - Not sure but will research

GO GATORS!!

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Sep 21, 2005, 05:59 »
If you dont mind a little bit longer drive, there are two hotels in dunnellon, The Dinner Bell being the better of the two.  Mention youre working at the plant and theyll most likely give a discount. Across the street is the anglers resort. I have no first hand knowledge of that one.  There is another in town which most likely you'd have to google that does have efficiencies...if you take the way back machine it was a dive but now that its under new management its been remodeled, from what Ive heard its a bit more expensive.  Dunnellon is almost a straight shot to the access road if you stay on the right side of town, which is the only place to stay considering that is where the hotels are located.  If anyone has any questions feel free to PM...thats the area i grew up in scarry enough!

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #36 on: Sep 27, 2005, 09:44 »
Lorrie,
I emailed you with the rental agent of the condos I stayed at last outage at CR.
It was a great place for the money. I hope you got the info.
Be careful at work.

Old HP

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 15, 2006, 06:03 »
Anyone heard anything about the SGR?  pay, diem, hours???

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #38 on: Oct 18, 2006, 05:00 »
SGR in 2009.  B&W generators. ;D
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

LaFeet

« Reply #39 on: Apr 20, 2007, 12:45 »
Anyone know the ins and outs for the Fall 07 outage???

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #40 on: Jul 18, 2007, 01:03 »
theres a campground off of dunnellon rd near the plant i cant remember the name of it for the life of me...im out here visiting family if i make it that way ill look it up.  If you dont mind a bit of a drive to the plant dunnellon may be a cheaper alternative to actually staying in CR.  There are many hotels in CR itself but many cater more to tourist.  Dunnellon has the dinner bell which has a restraunt on site (skeets bar b que).  Last time i stayed there got a rate of 260 a wk. 

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #41 on: Jul 20, 2007, 09:38 »
HP/Decon - Bartlett
Laborers (Besides Progress Energy) - Brock
Painters - Brock
Carpenters - Brock
OE's - Not sure but possibly Brock
IW - Not sure but possibly Brock
AW - Not sure but possibly Brock
NDE/QC - Not sure but will research

GO GATORS!!

Corrections/additions to above -
Painters - Bartlett
Scaffold - Bartlett
Insulation - Bartlett
Crane Operators & Riggers - Bartlett
Some Laborers - Bartlett

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #42 on: Aug 29, 2007, 01:44 »
theres a campground off of dunnellon rd near the plant i cant remember the name of it for the life of me...im out here visiting family if i make it that way ill look it up.  If you dont mind a bit of a drive to the plant dunnellon may be a cheaper alternative to actually staying in CR.  There are many hotels in CR itself but many cater more to tourist.  Dunnellon has the dinner bell which has a restraunt on site (skeets bar b que).  Last time i stayed there got a rate of 260 a wk. 
Thanks for the info JessJen. I found a campground in Homosassa (Nature's resort) that is very nice. ~15 miles to CR-3. Couple of nice bars just o/s the campground are Margaritagrill and Seagrass pub. Little bit of everything off the Rt 19, Walmart, Winn Dixie, Walgreens, Publix, and an assortment of fast food and misc restaurants.  Area Ain't Bad.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #43 on: Aug 29, 2007, 05:46 »
RB I luv the new avatar.. :)

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #44 on: Aug 30, 2007, 01:26 »
RB I luv the new avatar.. :)
Thank you Marlin, I rather like it myself.

jjordan

« Reply #45 on: Aug 30, 2007, 02:01 »
Margaritagrille is my favorite. Excellent food (reasonable) and the $3.00 Margarittas (med) can't be beat!
JJ :P

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #46 on: Aug 30, 2007, 02:40 »
Try the Wine And Cheese Restaurant for dinner and the crawldaddy's for happy hour. (wings and oysters)  If your lucky you might catch a glimpse of me in December.  Drive slow when you coming in the city limits of CR on 19 on the north side (by the mall).  If you want any info drop me a message.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Aug 30, 2007, 04:07 »
I would love to get a glimpse of you BB.
I've had lunch at Cracker's a few times, excellent and the service was good and quick. Cody's after work is good too. But the Margarittagrill is close to the trailer and the margaritta's are good and inexpensive. Food ain't bad either. Homosassa springs is beautiful and I did get to see a manatee last weekend while we were snorkeling. I plan on doing some diving this weekend.

LaFeet

« Reply #48 on: Aug 31, 2007, 09:54 »
Are they stffing down there yet????  I wanna go...

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #49 on: Sep 05, 2007, 12:38 »
Are they stffing down there yet????  I wanna go...

Some of the craft started on Tuesday. Outage starts Nov 3rd.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?