Crystal River

Above Average
20 (33.9%)
Average
20 (33.9%)
Below Average
19 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Crystal River  (Read 124609 times)

LaFeet

Re: Crystal River
« Reply #50 on: Oct 31, 2007, 05:36 »
All they gotta do is call me and Ill take the master bedroom

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #51 on: Nov 07, 2007, 11:50 »
Been there experienced that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alphadude

« Reply #52 on: Nov 08, 2007, 08:25 »
hmm if u didnt get along with the CR3 crew you must have some problems

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #53 on: Nov 08, 2007, 10:48 »
I've never been there, but I have worked with the RPM previously.  Without violating the forum rules, what's the problem / issues?
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

alphadude

« Reply #54 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:36 »
yea the working crew tends to provide adequate insulation between the rpm and the meter swinging RAT.  that crew is very experienced in dealing with the rpm flavor of the week... so sounds sorta personal what ever the issues

LaFeet

« Reply #55 on: Nov 10, 2007, 09:51 »
Guess Ill find out first hand... got the cll today and Ima heading south ;)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #56 on: Nov 11, 2007, 08:28 »
LaFeet... good luck.  I was there during their last outage and had a great time.  The house techs were wonderful and you couldn't ask for better roadies.   I found my first particle and you would have thought I struck gold... yeah, I'm such a junior!!!  But, I met some really awesome people and I can take that with me anywhere I go.

Have fun!!!!

Lorrie  ;D

Whalla2U

« Reply #57 on: Nov 12, 2007, 07:03 »
I'm at Crystal River now, hate it!!!!!  I was here two years ago too, and enjoyed the outage.  The only way I would want to return again is if I completely loose my memories of the treatment I have received while being here this time.  One more straw will break this camel's back.  Every morning before work I pray for a positive attitude thru the day.  And during the day I try to remember 'Don't let the bastards wear you down'.  Lorrie is right, there are wonderful house techs here, I've had to deal with some that are not.  So far I have learned to not have a questioning attitude, don't make a decision (for it will be wrong), keep your mouth shut and out of site.  Even the shared resources will tell you that 'friends don't let friends work Crystal River'.  I've heard several road techs say that they will never be back.  I would think that with the steam generator replacement next outage, they would want returnees.  But the attitude here seems to be that Crystal is the last outage of the year and everyone wants to come. 

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #58 on: Nov 12, 2007, 08:18 »
Forum Rule #8. DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, IT IS THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF SHOUTING AT PEOPLE.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #59 on: Nov 12, 2007, 09:52 »
"I WOULD CONSIDER MYSELF AS THE 10 BEST WORKERS THAT BARTLETT HAS, MY WORK ETHIC IS 2ND TO NON, I HAVE A UNBELIEVABLE ATTITUDE AND EVER PALNT I GO TO I GET A GREAT REVIEW. THATS MY HOME PLANT AND I BEEN TRYING TO GET IN THERE FOR AGES...."

davidb68200,
Slow down bro, you are gonna hurt your arm.  Being one Bartlett's "10 best" is going to put you in some pretty elite company.  Maybe the folks at CR-3 didn't know who they were over-looking?

rotag 

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #60 on: Nov 13, 2007, 07:50 »
... AND I WOULD CONSIDER MYSELF AS THE 10 BEST WORKERS THAT BARTLETT HAS, MY WORK ETHIC IS 2ND TO NON, I HAVE A UNBELIEVABLE ATTITUDE AND EVER PALNT I GO TO I GET A GREAT REVIEW.

Considering yourself to be good does not count for anything. How others consider you counts for everything.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
« Reply #61 on: Nov 13, 2007, 01:20 »
It looks like we need a new forum,  " Top Ten Bartlett workers"
Would that be in their minds or as Roger suggests in the opinion of their coworkers?

As to the plight of those at Crystal River, you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #62 on: Nov 13, 2007, 02:18 »
How about a "LEGENDS of BARTLETT" calender?

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #63 on: Nov 13, 2007, 03:07 »
How about a "LEGENDS of BARTLETT" calender?

ROFLMAO ;D

I just don't want to wear a bikini in the photo shoot :o Oh wait I'm not at CR3 or a legend, except in my own mind of course ;)
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #64 on: Nov 13, 2007, 10:45 »
...AND I WOULD CONSIDER MYSELF AS THE 10 BEST WORKERS THAT BARTLETT HAS, MY WORK ETHIC IS 2ND TO NON, I HAVE A UNBELIEVABLE ATTITUDE AND EVER PALNT I GO TO I GET A GREAT REVIEW. .

Looking forward to reading those survey maps... >:(

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #65 on: Nov 14, 2007, 12:55 »
Well said Troja-  I had alot more thoughts rushing in than I put down on that post.  You're right, you have to earn every bit of it.

How do you think it went back then..................?

"I consider myself to be one of JC's 'Top 10' disciples" - John the Baptist

wow - sorry, I just can't help myself.

later- tag

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #66 on: Nov 14, 2007, 05:55 »
I just want to be Mr. April with my picture on the first (in a bikini would be fine) ;-)

Top Ten........the only top ten worth looking at is the first layoff list.
Is it time for coffee yet?

alphadude

« Reply #67 on: Nov 19, 2007, 12:37 »
remeber the add in the crystal river paper wanting road techs to party? and nair bare?

Whalla2U

« Reply #68 on: Nov 19, 2007, 05:26 »
I'm eating my own words here.  Don't know why, but I'm thankful that some techs have been in a much better mood.  They are easier to talk to when I have to address them and be around.  I even got an "atta girl".  I still don't ask questions or decide on anything.  But I am reconcidering being a returnee in two years.  As long as I can work this outage and be treated respectfully, I'll be back.  So I'm eating my previous words.

LaFeet

« Reply #69 on: Nov 21, 2007, 06:21 »
I have not been here long, but I seem to be enjoying myself so far.  The house people have been great and the only thing I wonder about is how long they might need us.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007, 06:23 by LaFeet »

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #70 on: Nov 27, 2007, 08:42 »
The end of the outage is finally near. The Equipment hatch is scheduled to go on Thursday @ noon...... woohoo......

LaFeet

« Reply #71 on: Nov 29, 2007, 06:43 »
I Dunno... there's still a lotocrap inside... eagerly holding my breath

Magnawake

« Reply #72 on: Dec 05, 2007, 07:06 »
Wow, this was the most screwed up outage I've ever seen, ever.  But, the people were nice.  I knew from the RPM's opening comments to the HP's (in training week), it was going to be a schedule driven outage. I even saw a co-worker (female) reduced to tears.  It only means one thing, more money in my pocket.  CR-3 Outages always go over.  The SGR should take a year or so.  I had a great time snorkeling and fishing on my day off.  The area was great.  I would go back.  Maybe I'll stay near Radbitch next time.  Radbitch is one cool Chick.

LaFeet

« Reply #73 on: Dec 09, 2007, 01:10 »
Since I was there just a short time I must reserve my judgement.  I did enjoy my stay and the work assigned, just wished I could have been there earlier and/or longer.

Pencil me in for the big SG job guys, Ill show up for the No See Ums (dont n=bother you that much after a few of my beers), Oysters and Shrimp....

Offline sir lawrence

• Lurker
« Reply #74 on: Dec 11, 2007, 12:43 »
George, I believe you, (& others), were told every day. "Friends don't let friends work at Crystal River"  So you can only say you didn't listen, not you weren't warned.

Sir L

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?