DC Cook

Above Average
36 (34.3%)
Average
29 (27.6%)
Below Average
40 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: DC Cook  (Read 173579 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
DC Cook
« on: Jul 22, 2001, 06:55 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007, 02:22 by Camella Black »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
DC Cook
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 09:22 »
Talk About: DC Cook

Doc_REM

Re: Rate DC Cook
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2002, 12:36 »
I was at Cook this past spring and they treated us road tech's very well. Seems that they felt that we were there to help them! No problems from them or the support groups on site.
Here at Cook right now to help them get througt the holidays and are they HAPPY to see us here...seems to be a tech. spec. problem with their E-plan commitments. Everyone is bending over backwards to help us get into the plant!
Plant manager came into training yesterday just to thank us for coming in on short notice!

Doc_REM

Re: DC Cook
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2003, 10:14 »
I just left there after covering for a E-plan Tech. Spec. situration. They couldn't done more to help us.
YES...IT WAS COLD AND SNOWY!
Thanks to Scott, Dwayne, Doug, and All the rest of the folks at D.C. Cook!

Antineutrino

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2003, 11:32 »
This plant is improving by leaps and bounds.   After such a long shutdown, and a large number of personnel changes in management, it takes time to get to the top.   The worker-bees need an attitude change.

Antineutrino

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2003, 11:39 »
The RP program is making real improvements.  

Doc_REM

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2003, 04:52 »
Yeah, what a mess! Tons of fish in the intake and BROKE the intake screens!
U-1 will stay down...not enough fuel to restart. U-2 will be down for a day or two for some inspections that have to be done...head o-ring leakage?
Some of us where suppose to work 40 hrs for the next 2 weeks before the U-1 outage...now on 6/12's $$$$$$$

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2003, 09:06 »
Probably King Salmon. They run like crazy that time of year over there. I used to catch the daily limit of Kings off the St. Joe pier in about an hour or so when I worked Cook (circa 1986?). Had a blast there. Worked for Hydro Nuke (The green machine)Made some great friends. Hell of a place. The area is beautiful and from what I remember the cost of living was reasonible. Yah.....the plant's a little small.....containment is kind'a tight, but it's an ice condensor so there's always a cool spot in the can when ya need one.

Floyd

Asa1

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2003, 01:39 »
Still haven't got my bonus. I guess getting my money to me isn't that important. Comes around , goes around.

Oly

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2003, 07:49 »
[smiley=wave.gif]

Karma to ya bud, you sure were right about that DeeDee! Say hi for me

Jen-Jen

« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2003, 11:48 »
The fish were Alewife, in case anyone really cares.  :-/

Asa1

« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2003, 09:36 »
The Getaway might be the name of that bar.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2003, 07:24 »
I can not resist responding to this topic. I have an "intimate" knowledge of the Cookie Farm (almost in the biblical sense). Yes, they have had some rough times what with people being let go, management snafu's, and some other questionable decision making. That said they have an excellent HP staff (generally speaking :o). Yes, you do hump lead, decon rooms, pull trash and laundry and do many other duties that some "senior" hp technicians are not accustomed to doing. I personally had a hand in some of that occurring (sorry folks) because my belief is no one is "too good" or "too important" to do any job. The work needs to get done, no matter what or who it takes to do it. That is why you will see house techs and yes, even house supervisors at the Cookie Farm side by side with you on occasion.
I realize not all will agree with this philosophy but I firmly believe if you go to DC Cook with an open mind and a willingness to work for your money you will have an excellent time.

Except of course in the winter...lol...BRRRR
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2003, 10:02 »
I have to agree with Pat on this topic.  I spent a lot of time at Cook and thought it was a great thing that everyone - and that means everyone - gets the opportunity to succeed.  I believe I may have hung some lead right there beside him. I don't know what the current issues are at Cook, but I do know one thing.  The house techs there are some of the best I have ever worked with.  The work ethic is outstanding and the teamwork really shows when the chips are down.  Hey if they are paying you to work, I don't mind doing the little things.  It is those little things that help the most and are remembered longer than the nuclear cowboy attitude.

Sorry for the rant, I just could not help myself.
Is it time for coffee yet?

allforthenukie

« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2003, 02:36 »
I worked Cook in spring '97 and spring 2000. Working inside the plant was fine for me. Actually enjoyed the working with the DC Cook people very much.
Breaks were a problem for me though. There was a strict policy against contracter techs reading anything while on break time, other than procedures etc. House techs could read anything they wanted, I could just sip my soda and stare at the wall on break. Nice break  :P I hear tell that smoking cigarettes is now verboten on site as well.
We had to wear our special "Bartlet" collared shirts into and home from work every day. Then have them drycleaned, pressed, and returned at layoff time.
There was the strictly enforced parking lot policy, you had to enter the parking area and proceed in a counterclockwise direction and pull into the very first parking space you came to, no matter what. They actually had the guards stationed out there in the dark to to hunt you down and yell at you if you didn't follow this policy EXACTLY. God help you if you parked on or just outside the lines marking the space! The guards supposedly would "boot" your vehicle so you could not move it until you got your due disiplinary action and ass chewing for parking on the line. The fact that the lot is covered with snow is no excuse for missing your parking space. This never actually happened to me but I heard about it all the time. The phrase "... you've been warned!" is one I remember ringing in my ears quite a bit. It seemed to me that the guards there generally treated us more like prisoners than employees. That was the feeling I had anyway. Those guards should have been issued some nice red gestapo arm bands for thier uniforms to go with thier attitudes!
Offsite, the local area is kind of a summer resort place, so if you are there in the nontourist season there are plenty of places to stay with reasonable off season rates. I think the Chalets on the Lake is the best but reserve one early 'cause they fill up fast. There was a motel on the way to St Joes that offered a special rate to outage workers too. I remember a couple of decent bars near the plant on the Red Arrow highway. Both had food and one would even cash your paychecks at the time. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Benton Harbor is kind of a rough town, but they do have a Walmart, and huge grocery store just off the highway.
On a scale of 1 to 10 I give Cook a 7. Nice people! Nice area. And a nice place to work, if you can handle all of those stupid BS "policies".

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2003, 03:04 »
I had the misfortune of accepting an assignment there during the unit 1 SGRP.  I managed to make it through 12 weeks, which basicly sucked most of the life out of me!  It is the only plant I have ever been to, where the site coordinator's welcome speech, consisted solely of 100 ways to get fired!  Hell, even Dorsey Smith had more tacket them him, in his worst moments!  I won't say I wouldn't go back, but the bonus would have to be paid on a weekly basis, up front, and they aren't even close with the numbers at this time!  It should be apparent to the utility, that past bad experiences are now being paid back!  Decent wages, good area PD and a healthy bonus won't even get people there!  Even the AEP home court advantage can't get techs!  A sorry situation indeed!

allforthenukie

« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2003, 08:04 »
Ha ha!  :D LOL
Rad Ghost, I remember getting the same welcome to DC Cook speech from that coordinator. I think it was the standard welcome for all of us, "these are all the things that WILL get you fired here", and I think it wrapped up with "you've been warned".
Way to start the outage out on a positive note.
At least he warned us. I heeded the warning and wasn't fired.

cpottsjr

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2004, 05:09 »
Cook is now into double forced outage  --  too early to estimate any kind of duration, but containment walkdowns have not been promising. U-1 looks to have a pressurizer manway leak in addition to a secondary manway leak in one (maybe two) of the steam generators. RHR areas have already been posted for anticipated cooldown. U-2 started with an improperly racked-out breaker in the 4KV area and now looks to include a secondary side leak in a steam generator and a source range neutron detector that needs replacement.....    for those of youns familiar with the ice condenser gig at Cook, the polar crane is OOS for parts issues and the CRDM vent donut surrounding the Rx vessel head will  (may ??) prevent insertion of a neutron detector  (~5.5 feet long, needs to be inserted into the hole straight). Not to mention the missile blocks, CRDM cables blah... blah.... blah.  Long story short   ----   we're in for some fun in the very near future. Keep ya' posted.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2004, 05:52 »
OUCH! :o

That's gonna leave a mark.
Best of luck up there. Keep us posted!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

cpottsjr

« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2004, 11:07 »
Cook ongoing......  things looking up for U-2.  NI detector problem was found in a separate area, so no instrument replacement required.  Still looking at the secondary leak possibility/potential.  All things good, might be up and sending electrons down the line by tomorrow.  U-1 gonna be awhile  -  RHR placed in service this am.  Just for the record, plant management here is making sincerely honest effort to do everything right the first time, with everybody onboard and with safety foremost. New RP superintendent is doing well  --  trial by fire  (RPM just left, returned to INPO).  Whatever you may hear in whomsoever's grapevine, us hourly pukes do trust the people we work for.  FYI.  Keep youns posted.

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:13 »
You folks at Cook lured away our VP not so long ago...Mano Nazar .....He was a great guy to work with. He was actually out here at the plant (Prairie Island) 2 Novembers ago, at 03:00 am serving pop to the crews on Thanksgiving. I walked into the Maint. Lunchroom and there I see the Plant V.P. in a sweatshirt serving drinks. I developed a great deal of respect for the guy right then and there. He is extremely good at what he does and genuinely cares about the people who work for him. I've been doing this for 20 years now and that's the first time I have seen that level of committment from someone so high up on the food chain.

Your gain.
Our loss.

Floyd Flanigan

terance of baywood

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2004, 03:55 »
The Ironworkers and Cement Masons at DCPP are doing a remarkable job modifying the RX head stand. Keep up the great work! :)

cpottsjr

« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2004, 07:35 »
Yeah, hairdude, have met Mano...   even tossed a few drinks with the gentleman at a local watering hole when he decided to do a little get out & about to see the 'color' of the area & locals. He does appear to care alot and I'm personally looking forward to his success in bringing Cook around to somewhere near our previous glory (not that I think we're that far from it....   just some straggling details that have bit us).
Anyway, back to Cook.  As of yesterday afternoon, U2 is back making neutrons. S/G secondary manyway firm-and-tighted using good work practices, with safety & quality.  We're halfway there. U1 working PZR manway with some resurfacing, not totally necessary because the leak was primarily due to a degraded closure gasket...  once again, doing it right to ensure success. Two S/G secondary manways to be firm-and-tighted, as in U1, when plant gets back to pressure conditions. All is working well, everybody aware of what's needed and playing for timely success. This will all be over (my guess) by midweek.  :)

cpottsjr

« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:37 »
Guessed correct   8)  (surely not a normal situation....).  Both units back and feeding the grid.  U1 PZR manway not a problem and 2 S/G secondary manways successfully furmanited.  Quality & safety rule !!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2004, 08:55 »
Both units on line is very, very good. Sustained, reliable plant operation is needed for the industry to want new nukes.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline NOMADICONE

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #25 on: Sep 17, 2004, 11:27 »
Going up for an outage Sept 27. Any advice or warnings appreciated.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #26 on: Sep 17, 2004, 11:38 »
Won't be getting cold for awhile, that's the good news. Also very beautiful this time of the year in SW Michigan.

Don't know the management any more at the "cookie Farm" but I do know that there are still some great people there at the working level in HP. You'll be fine as long as you're willing to do your job and follow the procedures. Say hi to all the folks in the HP staff for me, I miss them. Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

allforthenukie

DC Cook
« Reply #27 on: Sep 17, 2004, 12:45 »
For a good place to stay, try to reserve a cabin at Chalet on the Lake, very nice cabins, very reasonable off season rent.
There's a motel on the main drag in St Joesph that offered a special room rate for nukeworkers when I was there but I don't remember the name of it. Best Western? Super 8? Something like that. Ask 'em at the desk if they offer a deal for outage workers.
Avoid going into the little city of Benton Harbor while you're there. One rough town! The shopping area by the highway is okay though.
Some decent bars on the arrow highway near the plant. But beware, the cops watch these places pretty close during the outages.

KevsHarley

DC Cook
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2004, 01:46 »
Work night shift on the Refuel Floor for Sporty. He is a great person and I'm sorry I can't be there for this one. Great place to work all in all. The house people are good to work with and the decon crew is as well. Stay out of Benton Harbor, St. Joe's is a really nice place to visit down town. Best Western in St. Joe's give a discount to the workers. I stayed there, and there is alot of places to eat up that way.

softail92

« Reply #29 on: Sep 17, 2004, 10:08 »
Sporty's cool, I would work for him anytime. But for me I would work for BIG MIKE on days. I HATE NIGHTS. My wife and I just had a new addition to the family so I want to work close to home this time. I'm going to miss not being there this outage. But if you work for Sporty or Mike you can't lose! Doug, I hope you have some good jokes this outage!! Porkchop and Slatts I hope to see you guys soon!!!

Lonnie

RAD-GHOST

DC Cook
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2004, 06:39 »
Fire-Fly Resort in Union Pier, use to have a monthly rate of $650.00, during the off season.  Everything included, two bedrooms, off street parking and QUIET.  About 15 minutes from the plant, 1/2 block from a little convenience store and one block from a decent Pub.

cpottsjr

« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2005, 08:09 »
For any of youn's that are  (or may be)  coming towards Cook for the March 25 breaker opening ceremony to pull sticks from U1, a few RPs here have prompted this post to ask if anybody has any questions or concerns about our U1C20 coming up.  Primarily I'm looking to assist peoples with the creature comfort kind of stuff as opposed to policy/procedure kind of stuff.....   but give me/us a yell on this thread & we'll see what we can help you with.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2005, 08:32 »
For any of youn's that are  (or may be)  coming towards Cook for the March 25 breaker opening ceremony to pull sticks from U1, a few RPs here have prompted this post to ask if anybody has any questions or concerns about our U1C20 coming up.  Primarily I'm looking to assist peoples with the creature comfort kind of stuff as opposed to policy/procedure kind of stuff.....   but give me/us a yell on this thread & we'll see what we can help you with.

Thats a fantastic idea.  More sites should do this!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2005, 01:38 »
Great Idea Chuckles...I know you guys will do a great job making everyone feel at home...Good luck in your outage!

radgal

« Reply #34 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:51 »
One thing I can say if you are there in the winter there is alot of snow.  '99-00 winter it snowed almost every night.  Lake effect snow is a wonderful phenom.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2005, 03:52 by Rad Gal »

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #35 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:55 »
See the previous post by cpottsjr, or IM him he can help you out a lot. I was there as a house mouse for 13 years. The snow will be gone (mostly) now and it is going into a beautiful time of the year. Lots of antique shops, lake front, orchards, and small town stuff. Close to South Bend,IN (40 mi) and Chicago (100 mi).

Smitty9000

« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2005, 11:34 »
Is Cook still a Non-Smoking site?
How about the winter night life?

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 25, 2005, 11:24 »
Chuck's probably getting blue -  I'll cover while he's out.

The Cook plant has restored the once removed smoking areas. They are outside but available for use. For the more athletic, a gym/exercise room has also been added.

Winter night-life would not be my specialty. I'll let Chuckles handle that one.

ttt
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

looped16

« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2005, 06:14 »
Having been in a position of some responsibility in the RP Program at Cook from 87 to 92, I have to agree with the Hoppster and admit some culpability in fostering the we can do everything mentality of the RP department. We could do it all back then and in general we had fun doing it.  We laughed alot, I yelled a little, but there never any hard feelings, and I remember mostly great times.
But then when the 0350 shutdown came upon the plant, managerial demons of the dark side came to reside. The new managerial modle was that of fear and loathing and if you did not adapt you had better leave or you were to be escorted off by security.  It was most unfortunate, for I saw many good people take the fall before I quit in 2000.
I hear things about Cook that sadden me, with a yearning for the old days. What I can say is that the people I worked with in RP from 87 to 92, and many are still there in the technician ranks, were the finest group of folks I have ever had the pleasure to be associated with. I miss them often and wish nothing but the best.

Jr8black3

« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2005, 01:44 »
Dennis you had a job to do, nobody can fault you for that, your techs and supervisors like Pat respected you. I hated the day i was told I had to leave D.C.Cook. I will never go back because it will never be the same, even though I know that plant like the back of my hand.

Dennis best of luck to you.

Kevin

cpottsjr

« Reply #40 on: Mar 19, 2005, 09:40 »
Thanks to Bill for covering me while I was 'getting blue'.....   old joke here at the 'clean plant.'  Night life in the area covers a pretty good spectrum....   we have plenty of neighborhood bars every direction from the plant.  Also some moderately upscale endeavours in St. Joe immediately north.  There are some favorite hangouts nearby also, again....  ranging the spectrum of good-ol'-boy shot&beer to finer dining.  Coming soon will be a sports bar at the old Schuler's in Stevensville, but probably not til after outage.  Best thing to do is check things out with peers when you arrive here, see what's happening on any given day/night, and repeat often.  Another consideration is the fact that summertime is fast approaching and the Illinois contingent of our local population will be crowding back in....   always gets the local places going.  Local constabulary watches some places and I always advise caution when drinking/driving.....  for a day/night off a DD is recommended if you need to let some outage-steam off.  Some techs have arrived preoutage already and have processed in, mostly returnees that have gravitated to their accustomed local eat &/or sleep places.  We surely welcome these guys & gals back, and look forward to the rest of youn's getting here and rubbing elbows, preferably after work at the local place-of-choice where elbow excercises are common.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 25, 2005, 01:56 »
I live about 7 miles from the plant, but not currently working there.  I was there about 3 yrs ago, during their down time, writing procedures.  If anyone wants to know anything about the area, please ask.  I'll help as much as I can.   ;D

Lorrie

Jr8black3

« Reply #42 on: Mar 25, 2005, 02:35 »
Pat Hoppe or sir Charles Potts would never lead you astray about the area, I'am sure D.C. Cook hates that they don't have the hopster anymore..

mskia

« Reply #43 on: Mar 25, 2005, 04:15 »
I miss the hoppe from the early to mid 90's I loved his bar in Coloma

cpottsjr

« Reply #44 on: Apr 02, 2005, 11:12 »
Dennis....
Glad to hear you're still out there kickin'....    you nailed the ordeal pretty accurately he at the clean plant.  We're still workin' thru the issues, and it is assuredly are more delicate place to walk.  Miss your honesty and straight-forwardness.  What used to be common sense and diligence has been replaced by policy and procedure, with little leeway afforded.  We're getting there, but it is very slow.  Hope all is well wherever you're at.     

iiiisx3

« Reply #45 on: Mar 09, 2006, 10:38 »
wow i hope to get there this month.i have worked there before as a guard also.wonder if anyone i know is still there! (1979-1982)

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #46 on: Mar 09, 2006, 02:14 »
We have several people in RP that have been here since the early eighties and before. Who are you looking for?
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #47 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:28 »
Enjoyed working the last 2 outages there. Enjoyed the area and seeing old friends that are permanent there.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: Mar 28, 2006, 11:55 »
Heard they dropped something last night? Anybody got any info?

vikingfan

« Reply #49 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:20 »
i guess from what i hear that the rigging broke while lifting one of the missle shield blocks

LaFeet

« Reply #50 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:34 »
I have not been there yet... FOG tried to lure me there, maybe this fall.

mzznlink

« Reply #51 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:56 »
Anyone have the particulars on what exactly hapened?

Offline Duct-Tape

• Light User
  • Silence is golden, Duct-Tape is silver.
« Reply #52 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:48 »
Nuclear power has taught us all alot of hard lessons.  Being thorough and taking the time to do so actually cost less in the long haul.  Law of gravity. What goes up must come down. 

Quote of the day.  "All accidents are preventable"

Hope nobody got hurt.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 12:58 by msm10 »
So you wanabe a HP...

RadTrashMan

« Reply #53 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:27 »
To all of you who missed PW Hoppe, your dreams are answered. The Hoppster will be back holding court over the RTD replacement starting Monday.

I hear he is willing to give personal tours of the Friendly Tavern in Coloma.

We'll miss you at the NTS and Pahdump.  Via Con dios, bubblehead.

Pap

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #54 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:52 »
can someone tell me what happened at Cooke?? I have many friends there for the outage and family also...now im worried...did someone get hurt?? ..im gonna log off and call now.
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: Mar 31, 2006, 07:16 »
Well we all know how rumors go.... so here is the rumor that we heard:

Rumor control here has it that they dropped one of the missle shield blocks, it hit the head and tore the liner????????????

What's the real story?????????? ANYBODY got any info?????
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 07:17 by radbitch »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #56 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:25 »
A 35-ton concrete shield fell 15 feet onto the floor of D.C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant in west Michigan after the rigging on a crane failed earlier this week.

Nuclear Regulatory Commission spokesman Jan Strasma said the mishap occurred as workers were removing the last of three shields, which protect the entrance to the core of the Cook unit No. 2 -- one of two Cook plant reactors near Bridgman, on Lake Michigan's shore. The shields were being removed Monday in preparation of routine removal of old nuclear fuel rods from the core.

Strasma said there was never any danger to the public or plant workers, but that it was unclear whether there was damage to the building's floor.

On Thursday, plant workers were repairing the faulty rigging. Once they lift the fallen block, they will assess the damage, Strasma said. The reactor had been taken off-line for the fuel removal and will remain off-line until the damage can be assessed, he said.

Bill Schalk, spokesman for Cook, said there was no immediate indication of structural damage.

Jr8black3

« Reply #57 on: Apr 01, 2006, 07:42 »
Opps,,, I hope it wasn't any of my homies that inspected that rigging,, I'am sure somebody is jobless...but 30 day outages lends it hand to many mistakes..Thank God nobody was hurt.

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #58 on: Apr 02, 2006, 08:38 »
ok i called home to Michigan and noone got squished but they did lose the missile shield due to faulty rigging...im just so grateful no one got hurt ~!~ Thanks to everyone for answering :)

K

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #59 on: Apr 08, 2006, 09:08 »
Rent is reasonable for the area.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #60 on: Apr 12, 2006, 08:21 »
Close to Chicago and South Bend. Nice area in spring and fall.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #61 on: Apr 14, 2006, 12:23 »
Its a good time, see ya there.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #62 on: Jul 13, 2006, 04:08 »
Hubby and I will both be there this Fall.  It's our "home plant", so no PD, but at least we get to stay home, in our own bed.  Plus, we have the two babies to NOT travel with YAH!!  Anybody else going?

See ya there!!

Lorrie

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #63 on: Jul 13, 2006, 11:54 »
cook sux! bottom line!
the only totally cool person there is Mrs. Asa1...
The plant & the mentality of a majority of the HT there is awful...Management was the worst!..Have fun anyone who goes!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #64 on: Aug 22, 2006, 04:05 »
For those of you coming to cook this spring

The next outage starts September 16th 2006 :o

Jr8black3

« Reply #65 on: Sep 02, 2006, 01:59 »
 Right now I wish I was under Pats command... I messed up I should have came back this fall to be with my granny,, Instead I chose to be a hard nose and stick it out here at Plum Brook..I've only quit one job in 20 years so I can't keep these people hanging..But one day I'd love to go back there and work an outage.. I'd love to see ole Dougy and do some fishing, or Rambo,, and sporty..

Sorry folks just to busy this year,, damn I want to come back, after all it is HOME...

Ya'll take care up there and have a great outage.

Kevin

PS. People wish they could learn what we learned at that place  8)

Jr8black3

« Reply #66 on: Sep 06, 2006, 08:43 »
Butch is a great guy, any tech would love to work for him. I first seen him as a tech, then as a site manager. I'am sure he don't remember me after all these years. But I like to feel people get better with years so I can only Imagine how good he is now.

88 at ANO was the last time I seen him.

Best of luck to ya Butch.

Kevin

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #67 on: Sep 08, 2006, 06:56 »
My husband is currently working the Cookie Outage.  I'll ask him if he knows who Butch is and make sure that Butch knows you guys are talking about him....of course since he posted a job on nukeworker, he's probably already read this thread, but it won't hurt to give it a personal touch.

Lorrie :)

irishfan

Re: DC Cook (Donald C. Cook)
« Reply #68 on: Nov 15, 2006, 08:48 »
  Hi All!  This spring was my frist time back at Cook for 4 years. 
Wow talking about a lot of changes - procedures and paper work and the training is a bit long but, Very Good.  You know what they want from you before you get in the door. 
  There are a lot of management changes and they say they aren't schedule driven any longer but...we all know the truth there.  Some of the managenment changes are there are too many chefs and not enough soux chefs!  I'll let it go at that.
  I was glad to see that the house tech group is still a lot of great people.  They will help you any way they can.  It sure was nice to go home and feel like I was at home again.  The contractors are welcome by everyone there.  And they are glad to have our help.  Can't have a better feeling then that at work.

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #69 on: Nov 15, 2006, 10:17 »
Hey ASA1 and Mr. ASA ,  Yeah its been awhile since Ive been there, but I did enjoy my stay or I wouldnt of stayed so long, what 8 months?   You guys knew not to send me through that mock up or I would of had to leave earlier because you know how "Pitiful" I am.  Now when I say I enjoyed it might not mean much to most HP techs.  I enjoyed staying in Benton Harbor (beautiful place), enjoyed deconning, enjoyed humping lead, enjoyed hauling those large laundry and trash bags ( because we always waited to the end of the day).  On the serious side I did enjoyed the techs there, but being there so long you got to know them, which you dont do in a regular outage.  I remember the football fantasy draft at the bowling alley with Big Head ED , Singer, The Stick , Mr. Happy and others.  I hope everyone at the Cook is doing well and hopefully I will make it out there again.  As one of the Cook's RPMS told us on a Sunday morning "This ain't no country club." 

Offline nickthestick

• Light User
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game!!
« Reply #70 on: Nov 15, 2006, 12:48 »
Biloxi, we loved havin' you!! Still the same football league going. But it's nothing like what it was those 2 years
with Big Head ED...I can't see, I can't hear..Hoping you'll come back sometime, you and your brother. your old stomping grounds is gone "The Orchards" coldest beer in town.. C'mon back
Stick

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #71 on: Nov 15, 2006, 02:31 »
Tell everyone hi and tell them to take it easy on me on the mock up.  I will try to make it up there.  You still married and how many kids now?  You know I will be looking for a room preferably Gator wallpaper.  Take care, tell Mangold and Zing hi.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #72 on: Nov 17, 2006, 02:00 »
First time at Cook this fall since 1994.  Enjoyed it.  You are expected to work, that is for sure, but we should all expect to work for our money.  The only complaint that I would have is that HP Techs do alot of things outside of what our normal job discription would be at other sites.  Only a complaint because it can take people out of their area of expertise and potentially create a dangerous situation.

The mock up training (walk through) is a great excersise!  I think it should be part of our normal 3 year testing (ie. NEU Exam).

All in all, good plant, good money...not easy money but good money.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
DC Cook
« Reply #73 on: Aug 08, 2007, 05:20 »
The Baymont Inn is very nice!!

roadhard

« Reply #74 on: Oct 04, 2007, 04:33 »
Does anyone have factual information about the industrial accident at D.C. Cook?

(Injured worker taken to Hospital in PC's, contaminated PC's removed and returned to site.)

I realize the company is doing a thorough investigation and the OPEX will follow, but it would help if some credible information was posted to halt rumor.

rjc4243

« Reply #75 on: Oct 04, 2007, 04:47 »

Facility: COOKRegion: 3 State: MIUnit: [ ] [2] [ ]Update Date: 10/03/2007
Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY10 CFR Section: 50.72(b)(3)(xii) - OFFSITE MEDICAL   
CONTAMINATED WORKER TRANSPORTED TO OFFSITE MEDICAL FACILITY At 0540 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) the Unit 2 Control Room was notified of a personnel injury in the Unit 2 containment. Unit 2 is currently in a refueling outage and the individual was working in upper containment in support of the reactor vessel closure head replacement project. The individual injuries are apparently the result of being struck when a rigging clevis (not under load) dropped from an elevated position. Site emergency medical technicians responded to the scene and the individual was transported to a local medical facility [Lakeland Hospital, St. Joseph, MI] via ambulance at 0636 EDT. At the time of transport, the individual was considered to be potentially contaminated because complete surveys could not be performed while the individual was immobilized for transfer. Subsequently, after arrival at the hospital, radiation protection personnel verified the presence of low levels of contamination on outer contamination clothing and transport material. These materials are being returned to plant in accordance with DOT guidelines. This report is being made pursuant to 10 CFR 50.72(b(3)(xii), 'Any event requiring the transport of a radioactively contaminated person to an offsite medical facility for treatment.' The NRC Resident Inspector has been notified.

LaFeet

« Reply #76 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:34 »
As  undedrstand, She is out of critical care... but has a long recovery road ahead of her.

Our thoughts and prayers are with her

LaFeet

« Reply #77 on: Oct 23, 2007, 02:03 »
Regarding the accident at DC Cook, I was told in a safety briefing while at Braidwood that the female scaffold worker died of her injuries some 48-72 hours after the accident.  She was hit by a 350 lb clevis that was in the process of being unscrewed while the polar crane was delivering the previous clevis to its storage location.  I'm not sure what kind of clevis it was, perhaps for the U/I Lift Rig, perhaps for the head.  The workers, from Areva, had not anticipated the clevis to run out of thread before the polar crane had returned and were unable to control it when it did.  Initially I was told little, that the scaffold worker's injuries were grave. The next day I was told that the victim was a female and that she had died.   I know little about the nature of her severe injuries.  I did hear "punctured lung" an hour or two before I heard that she had died.   I did also hear that she was rushed to the hospital in contaminated PC's.

WHOA    WHOA  WHOA... lets get the facts.

The injured person is recovering nicely.  She was transfered from a Michigan hospital to one near her home town.  SHE IS ALIVE AND HAS RECENTLY BEEN DISCHARRGED FROM THE HOSPITAL.  Repeat - she is alive and recovering nicely.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #78 on: Oct 23, 2007, 04:27 »
WHOA    WHOA  WHOA... lets get the facts.

The injured person is recovering nicely.  She was transfered from a Michigan hospital to one near her home town.  SHE IS ALIVE AND HAS RECENTLY BEEN DISCHARRGED FROM THE HOSPITAL.  Repeat - she is alive and recovering nicely.
Thank you LaFeet,I spoke with the plant manager last night and he said she is recovering nicely as well. Gotta love rumors..
Call Before You Dig!

Offline saupere

• Very Lite User
« Reply #79 on: Oct 23, 2007, 11:28 »
My apologies for the above rumor.  Her demise was not my intention and I'm glad she is recovering.  I have found nothing to validate that she had died.  I can only say that my project manager, Xxxx Xxxxxx, stood in front of a group of about 15 Westinghouse Split Pin workers at Braidwood and told all of us that she had died of her injuries. 

EDIT: deleted name because he wouldn't want to be identified as a spouter of BS (libel issues for the website) RT
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2007, 07:00 by Roll Tide »

LaFeet

« Reply #80 on: Nov 03, 2007, 11:46 »
No problem... I just wanted everyone to KNOW that she was recovering - not deceased.

Still here at Cook and no one else has been hurt.... although the walkdowns still continue in the can.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #81 on: Nov 09, 2007, 01:18 »
. Just wanted to say thanks to all the Bartlett and Quality techs that assisted during our Unit 2 refuel. Fifty one days is a long outage but it would have been longer without all of you. Hard to imagine better support on nightshift then we had. That includes all areas: Lower, upper and the aux. Safe travels and happy holidays! Hope to see each one of you in the spring.

Peace!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #82 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:34 »
It is always a pleasure to work at the Cook plant. Hope you guys are finally making some neutrons!
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #83 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:34 »
Full power today, Batman. Say hello to 'Robin' on your trip outwest! See you in the spring.

LaFeet

« Reply #84 on: Nov 29, 2007, 06:46 »
Full power today, Batman. Say hello to 'Robin' on your trip outwest! See you in the spring.

Hey  save me a place at the table tooooooo

cpottsjr

« Reply #85 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:57 »
Don't wanna let TENN-1 get the ONLY word in  (edgewise or other).....   I wish to say thanks to everyone that was here for our refuel also....   more than a handful of really great people.  We started with a bunch of new people and I hope they liked us as we liked them....   outage was a little strange, can't quite put my finger on it....  Spring outage will be a little easier, albeit shorter, which isn't always a good thing for our contract help.  Hope to see everybody back, in addition to some of the old guys/gals that were unable to attend the party this time.  Thanks all, and have a great holiday season !!  (Hey Wanda...  is there anything left in your house ??)

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #86 on: Feb 20, 2008, 05:10 »
I'm seeing a bonus of "UP TO" $3800.00 for the outage.  What qualifies for the Full Monty...$3800.00?  I've heard of past situations where techs bought the ticket, but only got half the ride.  Is there anything in writing to explain the variables, or what influences the dollars?

RG

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #87 on: Feb 20, 2008, 05:51 »
senior RPTech 3000 NRRPT +300  Returnee +500

juniors get 1500 I think,  deconners get 3000!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #88 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:47 »
Come on Down! I'll be nice to you...promise :P

jailie_13@hotmail.com

Re: DC Cook Lodging
« Reply #89 on: Mar 07, 2008, 02:28 »
My husband starts work there on the 24th of march and we really need to find a place to stay. We dont want to spend a lot of money cause we just want to stay about a month and then find a house. Please help us....

Nicole

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #90 on: Apr 02, 2008, 05:29 »
Wonder where they got the RP's this year?  they suck..
Call Before You Dig!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #91 on: Apr 03, 2008, 11:40 »
Wonder where they got the RP's this year?  they suck..

Ouch! :o That's pretty harsh. :-[

Send me a PM and tell me whom you think is not up to par.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #92 on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:44 »
I pm'd you with the details.Let me know if you need more..
Call Before You Dig!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #93 on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:51 »
I pm'd you with the details.Let me know if you need more..

Thanks for the input, most of the techs here are top notch, but you can't bat 1.000 all season long. ;)

sammoyers

« Reply #94 on: Apr 06, 2008, 02:53 »
Thanks for the input, most of the techs here are top notch, but you can't bat 1.000 all season long. ;)

Thanks Hoppe, I'm glad we get a little recognition. FUELDRYER, I'm sorry you are not satisfied with your RP coverage, maybe you should come to Lower CTMT on nights.... ;D

And a note to the RP's and folks at DC Cook, (Especially TENN 1, and CPOTTSJR) It was MY PLEASURE to work both the fall 07, outage and this spring outage. Massive KARMA to you all....
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2008, 02:58 by Silverback »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #95 on: Apr 06, 2008, 04:36 »
Thanks Hoppe, I'm glad we get a little recognition. FUELDRYER, I'm sorry you are not satisfied with your RP coverage, maybe you should come to Lower CTMT on nights.... ;D

And a note to the RP's and folks at DC Cook, (Especially TENN 1, and CPOTTSJR) It was MY PLEASURE to work both the fall 07, outage and this spring outage. Massive KARMA to you all....
"MOST" of the techs are top notch but there are a few that are not..You get that everywere you go....Karma to the good one's.If there was a reactor in lower's,I'd be there in a minute...Be safe.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #96 on: Apr 06, 2008, 08:22 »
Thanks for the feedback FuelDryer and Silverback. I too am sorry FuelDryer did not get the service he expected. True, we all have bad days, even weeks, and it seems FD's job rubbed up against someone doing time in that realm. Hopster will take care of FD's issues. The folks we have in lower on nights and days have been first rate. Next outage we'll try and move part of the ML contract to lower, We all know lower is where the cool people work . ;) Karma to all!

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #97 on: Apr 07, 2008, 03:11 »
hi Sam i am :)  ..dc cooke is awesome ..fun fun fun ..im at stp and im wishing i was in Michigan :P

LaFeet

« Reply #98 on: Apr 10, 2008, 08:40 »
 We are all doing fine here at Cook... there have been a few little mishaps, fortunately nothing too serious.  Definitely nothing like last outage -  and hopefully nothing like that will happen again.

As for the cool people.... yeah  LOWERS is the place to be... and Im enjoying days down there.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #99 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:19 »
I agree.... uppers has some pretty cool people....

Well...... at least one   ;)

sammoyers

« Reply #100 on: Apr 12, 2008, 05:38 »

Upper's rock's over lowers anyday!!Too crowded down in the basement...

You haven't been down in Lowers lately have ya? It's almost a ghost-town, especially when compared to last outage...

slattmandu

« Reply #101 on: Apr 15, 2008, 03:44 »
I always preferred working the lower realm at the cookie factory. I spent a lot of outages in the dungeon.

irishfan

« Reply #102 on: Apr 15, 2008, 07:26 »
Sounds like it has been a intresting outage this spring.  I am sorry and kind of glad I missed it.
Can't wait to come home next spring.
CB

sammoyers

« Reply #103 on: Apr 19, 2008, 12:18 »
I'm hoping to hit both outages next year, it all depends on how they line up with other outages. This outage messed me up for several pre-Cook and post-Cook outages. Cost me large HP dollars, and now I'm headed for SORRY... I mean SURRY.

xenatechrep

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2008, 06:13 »
Hello from Old Blighty, just a quick question as to whether the Xena crane is still being used ? ::)
 It was sat on top of the missile shield in 2006 Fall outage.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:52 by Rennhack »

Tibbs

When is DC Cook (Fall?) SRO Training?
« Reply #105 on: Jul 29, 2008, 03:56 »
Does anybody know when DC Cook SRO training starts?

My company is sending me to the 13 week training at DC Cook's request, but nobody knows when it is yet.

Anybody out there work at Cook and knows or could find out?

I could use a general contact out there for a few other questions I have too..

Thanks

Tibbs

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
« Reply #106 on: Apr 26, 2009, 04:03 »
Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all those heading out of Cook after U2C18. Everyone of you contributed to an extremely safe outage, one with the lowest collective dose in the history of the plant. Peace and safe travels to all. Have a great summer and we'll see you in Spring of 2010.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2009, 01:47 »
It was a pleasure working with everyone on the night shift.  I hope to see everyone again next outage.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #108 on: Aug 26, 2009, 02:31 »
Any word on when the Unit 1 outage will be?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #109 on: Aug 26, 2009, 02:37 »
Any word on when the Unit 1 outage will be?

The Unit is still down, and will probably miss the Fall restart. Which means they will miss the Spring outage they were hoping for.  Current 'optomistic' projections including getting the unit online by Christmas.

This is all rumor and hear-say, nothing official mind you.

Paul

« Reply #110 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:01 »
U1 begins March and runs till April 2010
U2 is in the fall of 2010

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #111 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:42 »
U1 begins March and runs till April 2010

Paul, what if the unit isn't UP by then?  Will they still have their "outage"?

Offline wingnut

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #112 on: Oct 02, 2009, 10:53 »
Todays news--Unit 1 outage March 24, 2010 period. Got to get back into cycle. U-1 start maybe end of Nov. :)

Meat

« Reply #113 on: Oct 04, 2009, 01:05 »
I was just wondering if there were any house mice from DC Cook on here and what you guys think of the place.  PM me if you wish not to post

Paul

« Reply #114 on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:08 »
It feels good to be a 2 unit plant again. :D

Offline nickthestick

• Light User
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game!!
« Reply #115 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:10 »
Amen to that Paul!    :)

cpottsjr

« Reply #116 on: Apr 11, 2010, 08:34 »
Unit 1 back in service from U1C23 at 1324 on 4/9/10.  Thanks to all the peoples that got us here safely, underbudget, underdose, underschedule.  We had a great bunch of RP techs here for this one and you were surely instrumental in the above mentioned accomplishments......   even daddy Rennhack had a part in it !!  Thanks all.     

LaFeet

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2010, 12:37 »
WTG Cookies.....  sure miss working with you guys, but it appears I might be stationary for some time.  Still gotta dig this old reactor outta the ground and all.

Caesar49BC

« Reply #118 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:08 »
I just found out I'll be at Cook in late September for my first outage. Will I be able to do some cross-training there? I'm so excited that I finally have an idea of where I'm gonna be.

Oh BTW I'll be Decon
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010, 07:11 by Caesar49BC »

LaFeet

« Reply #119 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:56 »
I just found out I'll be at Cook in late September for my first outage. Will I be able to do some cross-training there? I'm so excited that I finally have an idea of where I'm gonna be.

Oh BTW I'll be Decon

Cross training into hwat field???  I am sure if you and the staff have time that they'd be happy to help expand your knowledge/experience.  Especially if you are seeking to do so yourself....  good luck at Cook, I wish I was headed back there too.  It is a GREAT place to work and the staff is top notch -  Paule

Offline AARPSHP

• Light User
« Reply #120 on: Jul 27, 2010, 12:45 »
If you show interest the people at Cook should give you experience in things other than decon as time permits.  Show interest in the tool decon area, this will give you additional training in RP type work.  Cook is a great place to work. 

Caesar49BC

« Reply #121 on: Jul 28, 2010, 10:07 »
I think I'm getting ahead of myself with the crosstraining. It's my first outage, but I get too ambitious. I am going to go there and learn as much as I can and I can worry about training on other stuff after this season. I will also be at Oyster Creek after cook, so I'm sure I will learn a lot this season.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #122 on: Jul 29, 2010, 10:22 »
I thought Cook was only bringing in Sr Decon??

Caesar49BC

« Reply #123 on: Jul 30, 2010, 10:29 »
I'm not sure, but I'll be hydrolasing there and Instacote at Oyster Creek.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #124 on: Jul 31, 2010, 11:45 »
I'm not sure, but I'll be hydrolasing there and Instacote at Oyster Creek.

What company?

Caesar49BC

« Reply #125 on: Jul 31, 2010, 10:37 »

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #126 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:36 »
Who has the Decon contract for the Fall?

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #127 on: Jun 30, 2011, 09:25 »
I don't really know (since I left), but my guess that QNS (Quality Nuclear Services) will be the decon company. Landry and the crew have been there for the last 3+ years. I don't see them changing now.

I also heard rumor that the Cookie Farm is looking for a First Line RP Supervisor ??? Must be because Bob "New Cub Fan" took over my spot, and they need to fill his slot.

Good Luck with the Fall Out-rage! ;D

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #128 on: Jun 30, 2011, 12:23 »
Thanks Pat!!

irishfan

« Reply #129 on: Jul 28, 2011, 06:57 »
Bob is a Cubs fan now! What?!? He is becoming a local!  :P

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #130 on: Oct 12, 2014, 05:54 »
Is there a good Subaru mechanic around Cook?  :(
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #131 on: Oct 13, 2014, 06:06 »
Is there a good Subaru mechanic around Cook?  :(

I prefer dealerships:
Gurley Leep Hyundai Subaru
5302 Grape Rd
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Open today: 8:30 am – 8:00 pm

gurleyleephyundaisubaru.com
(574) 258-7700

Offline Cyberfind

• Very Lite User
« Reply #132 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:08 »
Spring 2018 Outage, just found out I'm on nights at the Lower. Sounds like a good spot to have, looking forward to it.

TVA

« Reply #133 on: Feb 12, 2018, 06:52 »
If you get time go to Matey’s in Michigan City Indiana

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #134 on: Feb 12, 2018, 07:35 »
Spring 2018 Outage, just found out I'm on nights at the Lower. Sounds like a good spot to have, looking forward to it.

I'll be on days this outage.  Good luck.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #135 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:14 »
Lower Containment at Cook. A great place to be. Spent between  >1<1.5E4 EFPH in said location between 1984-2000. Good times. SI-158's rebuilds - RP heaven. Great plant - great group of RPs. Enjoy your time there. MM2/ELT USS NIMITZ CVN-68. 80-84. BOHICA

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?