VC Summer

Above Average
26 (56.5%)
Average
9 (19.6%)
Below Average
11 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: VC Summer  (Read 106034 times)

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
Re: VC Summer
« Reply #75 on: Feb 03, 2011, 04:59 »
It's said that there are two(2) sides to every story, and that somewhere in the middle lies the truth. For five (5) years, I enjoyed my time at VC Summer, and made some good friends. Yet circumstances change (as they did for me), and the "marriage" comes to a bitter end.
The SCANA website has three instructor positions (HP, Chemistry and GET) posted for the Summer Nuclear Station. Consider this: within four (4) years, two GET Instructors opted to retire, one GET Instructor quit, and one HP Instructor "jumped on" a transfer opportunity to another position, versus having to deal with the overwhelming dose of daily BS and aggravation dealt by the supervisor having oversight over GET, HP and Chemistry.  As for me, I refused to be a mindless drone.
If a friend of mine were to apply for either of those positions, I'd encourage him or her to look for employment elsewhere.  -K
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2011, 08:14 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Sun Dog

« Reply #76 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:19 »
It's said that there are two(2) sides to every story, and that somewhere in the middle lies the truth. For five (5) years, I enjoyed my time at VC Summer, and made some good friends. Yet circumstances change (as they did for me), and the "marriage" comes to a bitter end.
The SCANA website has three instructor positions (HP, Chemistry and GET) posted for the Summer Nuclear Station. Consider this: within four (4) years, two GET Instructors opted to retire, one GET Instructor quit, and one HP Instructor "jumped on" a transfer opportunity to another position, versus having to deal with the overwhelming dose of daily BS and aggravation dealt by the supervisor having oversight over GET, HP and Chemistry.  As for me, I refused to be a mindless drone.
If a friend of mine were to apply for either of those positions, I'd encourage him or her to look for employment elsewhere.  -K

How long ago was that soap opera being aired?  I thought you just got run off from the obama buck job after being there for some time...

Offline jkj

• Light User
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 04:31 »
How long ago was that soap opera being aired?  I thought you just got run off from the obama buck job after being there for some time...

Yeah,---I seem to remember Sun Dog is right---I thought you just "left" from the hopey-changey buck job at savannah wonderland after being there for awhile also. What's the time interval and "scoop" for the VC Summer events and those at SRS?
Words fail me and pictures aren't much better.

"Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can."-- (Virginia Reed; member of Donner party.)

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #78 on: Sep 20, 2012, 07:52 »
Never been to VC Summer and I was wondering if this was one of the sites that provided modesty clothes (scrubs) or if you needed to bring your own? Don't want to pack what isn't needed.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #79 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:06 »

FYI- from our newsletter

In October, an international computer hacker broke into the South Carolina Department of Revenue database and gained access to millions of state income tax returns dating back to 1998.
It included and included unencrypted social security numbers and credit and debit card numbers.

Taxpayers whose information has been compromised will receive a free year of identity protection service provided by Experian and paid for by the state. Anyone who filed a South Carolina tax return from 1998 onward should call 866.578.5422.

From the S. C. Dept. of Revenue website: http://www.sctax.org/NR/rdonlyres/E5A231EF-8A05-40FE-AA36-17453FF2C795/0/Urgent_New.pdf

South Carolina Residents Should take the following Simple
Steps before January 31st to protect themselves:
› Visit www.protectmyid.com/scdor
› Enter this enrollment code: SCDOR123
› Fill out the information requested
If you don’t have an internet connection,
just call 1-866-578-5422 to begin the enrollment process.

That will put you on the Experian site to sign up for one year of free credit monitoring.

For further information: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,35558.msg167930/topicseen.html#new
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline usnsubnuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #80 on: Jan 13, 2013, 10:07 »
Interview on the 31st for a NLO position.  Anyone have any tips that would make it go well?

Offline menardjt

• Lurker
« Reply #81 on: Aug 05, 2014, 12:42 »
Anyone know when the next NLO classup is? I'm trying to get into the company and Ops is where I'd like to be- I have navy nuclear experience and am getting a bachelors of science in NET (completing soon).

Offline jwill.navynuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #82 on: Nov 24, 2014, 04:59 »
Got an interview/poss on 12/5, does anyone know what the AO shift rotation is for unit 1

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #83 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:16 »
Got an interview/poss on 12/5, does anyone know what the AO shift rotation is for unit 1
That would be a good end of interview question, after you pass the POSS. ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline jwill.navynuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #84 on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:05 »
so i made it through the POSS with no problems and the interview felt like it went well. From trolling through the threads it seems that VCS can take a little while if they are going to offer the job. Its been a week and haven't heard anything yet.  i know a few guys that work there and their experience for a response ranged from a day to 2 weeks. Can anyone vouch for this or describe their experience with them.

Offline Ops Nub

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #85 on: Jun 01, 2016, 06:23 »
Wow it's a ghost town in here.  Willing to answer questions about OPS just PM me.
Jay

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?