VC Summer

Above Average
26 (56.5%)
Average
9 (19.6%)
Below Average
11 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: VC Summer  (Read 106037 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: VC Summer
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008, 08:02 »
That's true and they have all their teeth also! ;D
Wait a minute now....
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Duke Nuker

• Retired Radiation Protection and Emergency Preparedness
  • Moderate User
  • Currently Fly Fishing
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 11:45 »
I am thinking that the "all of their teeth" statement is a collective set.  What has 20 legs and 32 teeth?  The gator cheerleaders of course.

Back to topic - Things are still going well.  Operations is starting to smell the Mega Watts. Fill and spill is going like gangbusters.  Yippee
Is it time for coffee yet?

Darion G

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 06:44 »
I am thinking that the "all of their teeth" statement is a collective set.  What has 20 legs and 32 teeth?  The gator cheerleaders of course.

Back to topic - Things are still going well.  Operations is starting to smell the Mega Watts. Fill and spill is going like gangbusters.  Yippee
Can't wait to be over.

Fermi2

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 08:57 »
Is there anyone here from Summer who is willing to answer a few questions?

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 09:00 »
Is there anyone here from Summer who is willing to answer a few questions?
I'm not from Summer,but I've been there several times working with the Ops folks.Maybe I can help with your questions?
Call Before You Dig!

Fermi2

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 09:09 »
Thanks,

You have a PM!

Offline Ops Nub

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2009, 06:14 »
Employee present...
Jay

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #57 on: Aug 12, 2009, 09:35 »
Good info... I have an interview tomorrow mornings. Currently at Westinghouse in Columbia looking to move up.

duke99301

« Reply #58 on: Sep 20, 2009, 01:05 »
is there anyone who can tell when the outage starts and how long it is going to run?
thanks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #59 on: Sep 20, 2009, 03:10 »
is there anyone who can tell when the outage starts and how long it is going to run?
thanks

http://www.nukeworker.com/shop/outage_schedules/

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #60 on: Sep 21, 2009, 06:27 »
October 16,2009 and it usually last between 4 and 6 weeks.

duke99301

« Reply #61 on: Sep 21, 2009, 06:29 »
thank you henry
I was told to dec, but I am not in the herd, sounds good to me . I just need target dates

duke99301

VC Summer
« Reply #62 on: Oct 01, 2009, 02:24 »
What are they doing for a 49 day outage this year? seems no one is talking about the site. I report monday and was told I would be there untill around dec 18th.
anyways have a wonderful day. And I am staying at the woodsmoke campground so thanks fro the info.

Offline shipoffools

• Light User
« Reply #63 on: Oct 19, 2009, 09:28 »
Anybody have any insight as to when Summer may be looking to fill a new AO/NLO class? 

ThrifTe

« Reply #64 on: Oct 24, 2009, 05:34 »
Should be hiring some more people next year;  under the current plan and previsions for the two new plants, we have hired all we can for this year (as far as I understand).  I heard from HR that we should be looking for a new batch sometime early 2010.  The training center is running a systems class January to March for the 2009 class, so its likely that the hiring would be around April 2010 (we probably don't have the staff to support a new ACAD and systems class simultaneously).  That, and the RO class is scheduled to run at the same time.

Hope that helps

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #65 on: Feb 22, 2010, 02:05 »
Someone at work was saying that Summer has actually broken ground on their new unit.  Yes?  No?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 22, 2010, 03:20 »
I had heard from an employee 3 years ago that they were moving dirt for the new units out by where the old steam generators are stored. At that time SCANNA was going on their own to make the new units happen.

Offline Contract SRO

• Moderate User
« Reply #67 on: Feb 23, 2010, 10:45 »
I hope this is not an inappropriate post but here is a link that has pictures of the site excavation work that has been done as of 12/2009.

This is a Westinghouse site that shows pictures of the construction taking place at four sites around the world.

http://ap1000.westinghousenuclear.com/ap1000_nui_ic.html

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #68 on: Feb 23, 2010, 01:58 »
I had heard from an employee 3 years ago that they were moving dirt for the new units out by where the old steam generators are stored. At that time SCANNA was going on their own to make the new units happen.

I hope this is not an inappropriate post but here is a link that has pictures of the site excavation work that has been done as of 12/2009.

This is a Westinghouse site that shows pictures of the construction taking place at four sites around the world.

http://ap1000.westinghousenuclear.com/ap1000_nui_ic.html

Excellent.  Thanks to both of you!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Fahrenschnell

« Reply #69 on: Mar 21, 2010, 08:32 »
It is getting close to April 2010.....Are they still planning on hiring?  NLO positions?

Thank You.

Offline shipoffools

• Light User
« Reply #70 on: Mar 23, 2010, 05:45 »
They had a posting for AO/NLO positions back in January.  From what I've been told, those positions have been filled.  Possibly another round of hires in September 2010 and/or January 2011.

Offline NamanHotels

• Very Lite User
« Reply #71 on: Nov 08, 2010, 07:36 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

Local Shopping, Dining and Attractions:

Harbison Blvd. (Exit 103 off Interstate 26) Offers shopping, dining and entertainment. There are over 40 restaurants on the exit - Some local favorites include Texas Roadhouse, Carolina Ale House, Hudson's Barbeque and Copper River Grill. Columbiana Mall is the main shopping center - but you will also find Wal-Mart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohl's, etc. on this exit. For entertainment, check out the two movie theaters, Frankie's Fun Park and Lake Murray! Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens is also about 10 min away from Harbison Blvd.

If you are staying in the area for a while, Harbison Blvd is a great place to live! It is less than 25 miles from VC Summer and allows you to experience all that Columbia has to offer at very affordable rates!

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2010, 06:28 by Nuclear NASCAR »

dgielow

VC summer!
« Reply #72 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:02 »
doas any know anything about this plant? I am looking for info on there up comming outage

Offline sscone

• Moderate User

Sun Dog

Re: VC summer!
« Reply #74 on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:06 »
doas any know anything about this plant? I am looking for info on there up comming outage

WTF is that?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?