Below Average
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Bruce  (Read 18889 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Bruce
« on: Aug 05, 2006, 04:47 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Bruce
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2006, 04:54 »
Talk about this facility.  Don't forget to review the forum rules before you post here.  And don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2006, 12:39 by Roll Tide »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Bruce
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2006, 05:26 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this facility please post it here.

Gonzo

Re: Bruce
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2006, 12:23 »
You won't find a nicer locality although the winters may not be for the weak of heart (I can't really say since I haven't there through one).  Jangles is the local pub/restaurant and it's up to anyone's snuff..   The folks in the HP department have quality and the workers are excellent rad workers...    The containments there are heavy with tritium so the dress out is a NASA experience...   It's been a few years though since I've been there and would enjoy going back if circumstances ever presented itself...  ... hope someone else puts in some info...   would enjoy hearing how it's doing..

Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2006, 06:55 »
Port Elgin's best hangout was Jangles.  Family dining, beer and plenty of conversation with the locals if you're so inclined.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2006, 08:37 »
Beings that I live and work here I might as well pass on the info on the local establishments:

1)  Kincardine area:  Bruce Bar and Grill (highly recommended for good food and atmosphere), Gilley's Feedlot, and The Hogs Breath Bar are all good places to go.

2)  Port Elgin area:  The Queens Bar and Resturaunt and Strauser's Olde Towne Tavern are top of the list.

There are numerous other taverns, bars, and eateries I have only listed the ones I have frequented.  Should you find yourself in the area drop me an email for more information.  Also, if you don't like snow don't come here from Nov-Mar ;D

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers aka Stormgoalie
RP Supervisor
Ontario Power Generation
Western Waste Management Facility
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

grahamscotland76

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2007, 06:42 »
I was at the Bruce in Oct/Nov 99 as part of a British/Canadian/Swedish team doing a beta/gamma survey of the protected area around A and B.

Loves my 5 weeks there. Met lots of great people, and had a laugh. Eat alot in Gilley's, was the first place I tasted escargot!

Hi to anyone from the Bruce that remebers any of us Brits with the groundhog!

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2008, 07:55 »
Does anyone have any new info on Bruce?

Mike

hatrai07

« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2008, 12:41 »
I currently work for Bruce Power. Its much different than working in the US but not in a bad way.  What do you want to know?

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2008, 09:09 »
Does anyone have any new info on Bruce?

Mike

Lots of action on the Nuke front here at the Bruce and elsewhere in Ontario.  They are continuing with the restart of 2 reactors at Bruce A, looking at refurbishment of the other 2 reactors at Bruce A, and looking at new build here and OPG is looking for new build at the Darlington site.  If you are coming here and looking for lodging plan ahead!! Can get kind of spendy now as there is somewhat of a shortage of housing.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
RP Supervisor
NRRPT
Ontario Power Generation
Western Waste Management Facility
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2008, 12:04 »

focus

« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2008, 12:37 »
i was looking forward comming to Bruce for "West Shift" job...but not any more :'(

oh well....i spent alot of time down there at my buddy's cottage in Point Clark....very good area

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?