Point Lepreau

Above Average
4 (57.1%)
Average
2 (28.6%)
Below Average
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Point Lepreau  (Read 20814 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Point Lepreau
« on: Aug 05, 2006, 04:45 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Point Lepreau
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2006, 04:52 »
Talk about this facility.  Don't forget to review the forum rules before you post here.  And don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2006, 12:47 by Roll Tide »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Point Lepreau
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2006, 05:24 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this facility please post it here.

focus

Re: Point Lepreau
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2008, 11:37 »
going there in a week (may 3rd) for some water lencing....anybody has any info?  never been there

focus

Re: Tank cleaning help needed
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:58 »
hey guys
just came back from the outage at Point Lepreau
what a great CLEAN place to work......i hardly picked up anything working there almost 4 weeks.....anyways i was in the RB every day for about 9-10 hours in the resparaitor and my final dose was like 25 mRem......by the way its that clean that we are aloud to wear out regurlar clothes in there.....anyways very good place and great people there

Offline c-zar

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2010, 10:33 »
Glad the hear you enjoyed your visit to Lepreau. I am a new member here and this is my 1st post.  I have been working at Lepreau for over 20yrs in the OPS Department and it is a good company to work for. We are presently having several challenges with the refurbishment project and am looking forward to getting back up and running, but we could be a while yet.  
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2010, 10:37 by c-zar »

Marco

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2010, 07:37 »
I`ve been there 2 years ago. A very clean plant, great people and an awesome landscape. Toured the plant, was impressed by the professionalism of the crew. Benchmarked with OPS-Department. Will go back as soon as possible. Hope they`ll bring back the plant back to service very soon. CANDU is an interesting technology,and quite different to our LWR reactors. Learned a lot.
There are nice restaurants in the area, and a brewery.

Hope CANDU will survive, AECL seems to be in trouble..... :(

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2010, 08:27 »
AECL is betting the bank on OPG buying new reactors...... If we don't they are going to be in big trouble financially, especially with the problems with their isotope production reactor.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Marco

« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2010, 04:08 »
I heard they are considering Areva`s EPR. On the other hand Areva is casting an eye at AECL`s service for CANDU plants. Sad story for Canada if AECL will get in European hands.
Anyways, it would give me the chance to start up a plant in Canada. Areva is asking from time to time for support for start up assistance.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2010, 01:03 »
I heard they are considering Areva`s EPR. On the other hand Areva is casting an eye at AECL`s service for CANDU plants. Sad story for Canada if AECL will get in European hands.
Anyways, it would give me the chance to start up a plant in Canada. Areva is asking from time to time for support for start up assistance.

They are having a bidding process, which I am not privy to details of, but as it is public knowledge, yes Areva is one of the bidders.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Marco

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2010, 05:36 »
Where exactly are the new projects planned? Point Lepreau, Darlington.... How long will they need to come to a decision?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?