Facility & Company Information > Point Beach

Point Beach

<< < (3/32) > >>

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote ---Just wondering how the outage at the Beach is going??  I heard they were paying pretty good $$$  and it's not that expensive to live up there.  Havent been there in a while, wondering if the same techs are there.  Most were pretty cool, but there was one ***** there...***** somebody.  He thought he was really cool, but really was a typical dumb farm boy redneck trying to act cool.
--- End quote ---

It's time to steer this back on topic.  It's Talk About: Point Beach, not pick on those I didn't like at Point Beach.  

radghost:
Working at the Point is like Christmas or a family reunion, you get to see people you actually miss and are glad to see again. Just keep in mind the evil uncle that nobody likes to talk about, he lurks in the corner and is capable of taking your job away, and gets a kick out of doing just that. Theres alot of tribal knowledge that oversees the way business is done and procedure compliance is a way for uncle pointless to screw with the contractors. Found that out the hard way. Wages are good there but there is a reason for that. Will not allow my shadow to cross their threshold again.

darkmatter:
I too worked a few outages there in the 80's. I found out that Two Rivers is pronounced as one word: "Trivers". They have a snow festival on the 4th of July. I got introduced to "Deep Fried Cheese Curds", really quite good once I got over the name. The House Techs at the time did treat us like unwanted stepchildren, I really didn't want to use their cafeteria anyway, I liked the windowless cube they had for the contractor trash. OH and lets not forget that every intersection in town has either four churchs or four bars. I stayed for a while in one of the rooms above a bar for $10.00 a week!, with my first beer free!. WOW, what memories, I never did save as much dinero at any other site as there, but then again the 7-12s are gone.

Harpo:
"Keep your comments civil." Well, that keeps the replies down, doesn't it...

trailorqueen:
I just went to Point Beach for the first time, and I really enjoyed it.  I even enjoyed the housetechs!  The outage may not have been smooth sailing, but all in all most everyone kept a good attitude.  The only thing about the Beach that I thought was a little off was the house deconners.  But we are keeping it civil, so I will leave it at that.  Look forward to going back in the spring!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version