Point Beach

Above Average
28 (41.2%)
Average
19 (27.9%)
Below Average
21 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Point Beach  (Read 158176 times)

Fermi2

Re: Point Beach
« Reply #150 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:07 »
Auto actuation of the diesel generators keep us up. The safety systems responded as designed.

Not entirely, had your diesels not started you still wouldn't have automatically tripped but ECA 0.0 would have driven you to do so.

Many plants define a LOP as Loss Of Offsite Power to Safety Related Buss's. Provided your BOP Equipment and RCPs come off of non safety buswork you can survive a LOP to the safety related busswork. I know my plant is designed that way.

My old plant depended on exactly which train you lost but in any event would have either Automatically tripped or would have been forced to trip.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #151 on: Sep 18, 2015, 08:29 »
sew, whose got the contract four this fall's outage?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #152 on: Sep 21, 2015, 08:39 »
herd last week that supplemental companies paying $35 par our four a 3.1. whose got this prime, big blew?
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2015, 09:34 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #153 on: Mar 02, 2016, 11:49 »
I did last fall...all Bartlett. Bartlett or should I say BHI - this spring. Pay is lagging but the people and work is all good. I enjoy the place even if it is warmer in my freezer than the walk to the gatehouse.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #154 on: Feb 05, 2022, 03:58 »
Did their outage last fall. Quite a wide range in the plant...some of the best people I have ever worked with...some not so much...

I enjoyed the area. Very pretty with lots of trails.

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #155 on: Feb 05, 2022, 09:13 »
Did their outage last fall. Quite a wide range in the plant...some of the best people I have ever worked with...some not so much...

I enjoyed the area. Very pretty with lots of trails.

I judge that Minnesota and Wisconsin have the best rails to trails (and similar) networks in all the contiguous 48 states,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #156 on: Feb 06, 2022, 10:00 »
One of those trails due North leads to the remains of one of the finest running nuclear power plants in the world. This section has yet to be invaded by the Triffids of the Solar colony to the South. Never was much data made available from the environmental impact study on PB State Forest. Results could be on Hunters laptop.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2022, 11:55 by fiveeleven »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?