Point Beach

Above Average
28 (41.2%)
Average
19 (27.9%)
Below Average
21 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Point Beach  (Read 158246 times)

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Talk About: Point Beach
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2003, 01:20 »
I've never worked at Point Beach, but from what I hear the decon staff leaves something to be desired.

Then it sounds like you can't talk about Point Beach with any authority on the subject.  Rumors & innuendo don't help anyone.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

sunshine1

« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2003, 02:08 »
Does anyone know who the Bartlett site super is for the Spring Outage?

Iowa_HP

« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2003, 03:56 »
I worked at the Beach in the late nineties and really enjoyed it. The house techs were mostly ex-roadies and were a great group to work with. Treated the contractors like the professionals that we are.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #28 on: Jan 07, 2004, 07:50 »
Woo Hoo, I love the Beach!!!

I have been told that I am not right...

I wish all of you contractors would quit stealing my parking spot!!! :o :P

rawtech

« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2004, 02:45 »
Well I don't know if anyone has covered this topic about Point Beach yet, but for them having a lot of ex-road techs, you certainly would think that they would realize they can't go crying about the road techs getting a bonus, and not them (ruining it for any road tech comming there this outage at least) without it getting back to the ones(the road techs) that ended up losing money because of them! >:(

sundevil

« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2004, 08:05 »
Rawtech you ought to get your facts right before you shoot your mouth off. The house Techs were not crying about you getting a bonus in Fact they were all arguing with managment to give you a bonus so all the contract Techs wouldn't be lost between Prairie Island and DC Cook. It is someone like you who shoot from the hip and runs your mouth that gives a some what tight situation the bad name of being the worst. In fact WE-Energies house Techs was not against give bonuses or using contract Decon. Unfortunatly having to deal with the NMC is a different situation that is out of the Techs hands.  

allforthenukie

« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2004, 09:50 »
Rawtech where in the hell are you getting your information from? Sounds like someone trying to stir up a rumor.
I LIVE at the Beach and haven't heard anyone crying about anybody else getting any bonus. House techs here don't get a completion bonus. Why would we? It's not like we're gonna drag up and run to another outage for more money.
We worked our last outage here short several RP techs partly due to DC Cook and it's bonus. This only made life at the beach harder for those of us left here to take up the slack.
We who've worked the road all know that the best techs in the business will follow the money where it leads. It makes sense. I wish the contracters who work the Beach were paid or bonused as well or better than other sites are putting out so we could fully staff our outages with quality personelle.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2004, 11:15 »
In reply to sunshine1 - we are still try'n to figure that one out - have a couple of candidates but management still has not yet dtermined who the coordinator shall be.

Eric Bartlett
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

rawtech

« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2004, 05:21 »
I wasn't just trying to stir up any rumors. I have worked there in the past and personally, I had a great time, GOOD PEOPLE there, and probably will return again sometime in the future, but when I inquired about the rates this time, and found there to be no bonus, I asked why. My previous quote reflected the response that I got. So I honestly appologize if I worded it a little harsh. I was simply relaying to the rest of the industry what was told to me. Once again, SORRY if I offeded anyone,                                                                                 Rawtech

allforthenukie

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2004, 12:30 »
Rawtech, sorry I didn't mean to snap at you last time, but I think that somebody was feeding you a line of BS(bad information).
The house techs here have no control over what the outage personelle wages are, or weather or not to offer bonuses. Those decisions are made by someone much farther up the food chain from us. Probably something that's negotiated and agreed on between our management and your employer.
I can't speak for my coworkers, only for myself, personally I think that offering a completion bonus to the outage contracter RP staff would be a great idea, if it got us FULLY staffed with motivated, quality techs. I think that most of the house techs here would share that sentiment. Unfortunately it's not up to us.
That said, I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath waiting for the ol' Beach to offer up any kind of bonuses. We started our last outage with about half the techs we actually needed and no bonus incentive was offered to attract more.

Offline imbucky

• Light User
Re: Point Beach
« Reply #35 on: Feb 23, 2004, 03:16 »
Looking for Mike Imler?!?!?!
Heard he was coming to the Beach this spring?
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates.

It's more like a jar of Jalapenos....what you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.......

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Apr 11, 2004, 09:50 »
Heard the plant is on standby, something about almost boiling the core.  Any news, ie real facts?
It is what it is!

Offline NightCrawler

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #37 on: Apr 11, 2004, 11:47 »
There was an incident during the U1 refueling outage involving a vent path.  Apparently while the nozzle dams were being installed, a manyway was to be removed from the pressurizer to ensure a vent path for RCS.  This step was apparently missed and gave U1 no vent path, thus creating the possibility of boiling within the reactor core.  The condition was found out before the nozzle dams were fully installed and rectified.  Point Beach's outage is now coming out of standby at this time.

inyourface

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2004, 01:45 »
i think that point beach is a great place to work.  the people are extremely friendly and helpful and they don't make you feel like you're some kind of idiot.

Offline Jill

• Senior HP, everybodies whippin' biach, the list goes on...
  • Light User
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2004, 01:38 »
 Wow, sounds like Point Beach really cleaned house!  What'd they do, fire all their house techs?  (With the exception of the "Old Man', and Tom K.!  They are great!)  Nuff said, If I go on, this won't get posted!

inyourface

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2004, 03:31 »
you got to go to the roundup in mischicot

Offline WMDude

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2004, 08:29 »
The Water Front in Kewaunee :P a PB house tech owns the place.

Hurler23

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2004, 11:01 »
PB was my first job and I have not missed since. I always enjoy working there, although some may say I'm biased.... ::)
Regardless, I have always felt welcome and a part of the group. 'nuf said...

rawtech

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2004, 01:03 »
I worked there this outage. I had no problems with anyone. The house techs. were easy-going,they don't make you feel like "contractor scum" like alot of others I could name, but won't. So long as your jobs got done right, nobody "BIRD-DOGGED" you, and anyone who took the time & effort to listen to what went on there would tell you that they (the house techs) try to do the right thing by the plant as well as their contract help. Just for the record, so that nobody gets the wrong idea, I've went there before (numorous times) and the house techs were never the problem for me,supervision on the other hand had been a real problem in the past. This time, to my delight, they were pretty easy to deal with as well. I look forward to returning there. Which, if you had asked me that in the past, it probably would have been a different story. But one thing's still the same....They can have that horrible weather!!!!! Keep it up there guys & good luck with no more oops's. Later,                       rawtech

DT2004

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2004, 02:39 »
:P  I wasn't able to go to the beach this time, I miss all my friends there and in the area. Here's a big salute to "Juicies."  The house techs are great, big holla to all my boys there and contractors

14PAIN

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2004, 01:51 »
I've worked several outages at the Beach, although I did miss this past outage. I have to say it is my favorite plant to work. The house techs are the best in the industry as far as getting along with the contractors. They will back you 100% in any situation. I must admit that the last outage I worked there they were a bit under staffed, and yet, we all worked together and got the job done. If you ever have the opportunity to work at Point Beach I suggest you take it. You to will love the people as well as the area. And to all the people at the Beach, hello from The Vikings Fan. Hope to see you all next outage. Take care.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2004, 04:08 »
Day 57 0f the outage, so we are slowly coming out of it!

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #47 on: Jun 07, 2004, 11:40 »
Day 65 and we should be shooting steam to the turbine this afternoon. A red alert has been issued for the grid here.... summer time!

allforthenukie

« Reply #48 on: Jun 08, 2004, 04:55 »
Dateline June 8th 2004
Time 1548

Point Beach Unit One is ONLINE.
The neverending outage from hell is finally over.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #49 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:16 »
Spring is here! Should hit 50 degrees on the lake today. Unit 2 RX head replacement starting in another week!

Welcome all!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?