Point Beach

Above Average
28 (41.2%)
Average
19 (27.9%)
Below Average
21 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Point Beach  (Read 158267 times)

vikingfan

Re: Point Beach
« Reply #100 on: Oct 12, 2006, 08:20 »
well i also heard that dominion is interested in point beach heard that from some higher ups in dominion.

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #101 on: Oct 13, 2006, 03:36 »
done deal...june 07...dominion
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #102 on: Oct 13, 2006, 02:22 »
Thanks for the info Rad!

The real scope is always with the troops anyway.

Maith thu! (Well done)

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #103 on: Oct 27, 2006, 07:33 »
Unit 2 is in a refueling outage and the core has been off loaded. The deer hunters aren't liking the outage interference >:(

Happy Samhain

M1Ark

« Reply #104 on: Dec 02, 2006, 07:27 »

The only thing left is to announce who made the deal.

Any rumors in the country on the fate of Point Beach?

The employee's are always the last to know.

FPL. TBA in a few weeks.

allforthenukie

« Reply #105 on: Dec 20, 2006, 10:16 »
Wow M1Ark, you were right! It's Florida Power & Light. How did you know both who the winning buyer would be and when the announcment would be? Psychic?
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006, 10:20 by allforthenukie »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #106 on: Dec 20, 2006, 02:28 »
Looks like a nice setup for the locals. FP&L release says no changes in middle management next 18 months, and contracts will be honored. Congratulations to all there (cause you could have been bought by a larger company than FP&L).
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #107 on: Dec 21, 2006, 08:27 »
Yes we had a meeting yesterday with FPL and they are going to be our new master. It's barbecue flamingo for all.

Nollaig Shona Duit!

(Merry Christmas)

evil-leprachaun

U1R30
« Reply #108 on: Apr 04, 2007, 02:46 »
Well we are into our spring outage.With the snow blowing today you would think winter was coming.

Smooth sailing so far!

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #109 on: Apr 26, 2007, 07:23 »
Well the head is on and no more snow! So it's smooth sailing here!

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2007, 08:38 »
Well the outage is drawing to a close. Steam is flowing from the pot and the turbine roll is on its way. Getting ready for my 3 weeks of vacation in Eire!

azupka

« Reply #111 on: Sep 27, 2007, 07:32 »
What job shops are filling engineering positions at Point Beach?  My wife is being moved to Kewaunee and I'm looking for work in the area.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #112 on: Sep 27, 2007, 07:54 »
Proto Power was supplying the Engineering guys last I knew. I do believe it was the Naperville office.

Slainte

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #113 on: Sep 27, 2007, 07:57 »
But the station is scheduled to have new owners on Friday 28th Sept 2007, it will be a FPLE plant so maybe the shops will change.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #114 on: Oct 03, 2007, 04:44 »
FPL adds to nuclear holdings by buying Wisconsin facility

FPL Group added to its nuclear stable on Monday with the closing of a $924 million deal with Wisconsin Energy Corp. for its Point Beach nuclear plant.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20071002/BUSINESS/710020460

s1wlightning@msn.com

« Reply #115 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:23 »
I just went up to point beach for an interview yesterday, and have a friend that just hired on about three months ago.  As far as I'm told, all is well and good and everything is normal.  I did hear a lot of complaining though while I was in there that a lot of people were have glitches on their computers due to switch over to different programs. 

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #116 on: Oct 04, 2007, 06:56 »
Yeah I got my flamingo hard hat and alligator safety boots at the gate Monday morning! :)

Time will tell how it goes. We had the entrance meeting yesterday with the usual two step speech, a new master with the same old lines.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #117 on: Apr 06, 2008, 11:47 »
We have started our spring outage on Unit 2. Heard today that the outage manager left on Friday.

The Flamingo has landed.

bogeyplus1

« Reply #118 on: Apr 07, 2008, 10:09 »
Heard today that the outage manager left on Friday.

That is not necessarily a bad thing

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #119 on: Apr 09, 2008, 08:52 »
Looks like they had a little excitement in WI.....

"450 evacuated from Point Beach Nuclear Plant

New worker's comment misunderstood by clerk"

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080408/GPG0101/80408115/1978
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

Doors

« Reply #120 on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:15 »
Just accepted an offer at pbnp.

This site was imformative for eei testing and other questions I had.
Thanks NukeWorker!

Testing next week for security clearance; hopefully all goes well.

wolfxoman

« Reply #121 on: Apr 13, 2008, 06:39 »
Just accepted an offer at pbnp.

This site was imformative for eei testing and other questions I had.
Thanks NukeWorker!

Testing next week for security clearance; hopefully all goes well.

Congrats on the position was it for AO/NPOT?
If so see ya soon. 8)

Offline Drywell Rat

• Very Lite User
  • He's so hot in that banana suit!!!!
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2008, 12:37 »
     Before I review Point Beach, let’s keep a couple things in mind. First, this is only my 2nd nuke plant and 6th outage. I prefer the BWR with the Mark I containment as opposed to the “cans” that most nuke workers like (wimps). Also, I understand that much is changing at PB since FPL took over and transition can be tough. Lastly, I am a craft, so I do not see the plants the way many of the bloggers on here do that are engineers, RP’s, or deconners. That being said, I believe the reviews I give are fair.
     For the crafts, the hours were few, the rules ludicrous, and many of us will be hard pressed to go back. The safety stand downs didn’t seem to solve much except lose FPL money by making 80 workers sit around all day to be scolded. With the exception of the workers that hit the mercury switch, almost shutting the plant down prematurely, most issues should have been addressed in private with warnings. Maybe then FPL wouldn’t have been so concerned about their bottom line. Ha, funny.
      The RP’s were informative and patient, I actually felt like they were looking out for me instead of just trying to tell everybody what to do! They even shared some pizza with me when I hadn’t been able to buy food for my lunch (thanks guys!). Security isn’t as tight as some plants, so you get a little breathing room there and they seem pretty friendly as well. As for the plant itself, it’s clean, but not by any means spotless, especially if you’re the one crawling around, looking for components. If you are looking for a valve or other component, good luck, I’m used to grid or column lines with elevations and azimuths, none of which we had here. As for pay, I took a 13% cut but wouldn’t have minded if the hours had been there. The DZNPS supervision was fair, especially considering that they had to constantly bend to FPL’s will and when we were running short on harnesses, they rectified the problem expeditiously.
     I don’t understand the almost heavy handed way FPL ran the show at PB, numerous travelers said that the FPL relationship with contract labor at other plants wasn’t nearly so adversarial, even when the contractor was DZNPS. Maybe it’s because they’re still in the middle of transition, I don’t know. Word on the street was that a lot of old WE employees left with inexperienced workers to fill the positions. Hopefully, if I decide to return for the fall outage, things will have calmed down by then. But that’s a big “if”.
Globalization is exploitation.
In a world of 7 billion, you are NOT special, unique, or important.

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2008, 01:16 »
I do believe that the old dogs are trying to impress the new masters.

As for staffing:
The flood gates of the human wave is not even mid stream at the moment.

Happy outage!

Birdog

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2008, 12:55 »
evil-leprachaun, I'm trying to figure out who you are??  Besides bored.  You know me, Im sure.  Everyone knows the "Birdog" LOL

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?