Seabrook

Above Average
22 (66.7%)
Average
9 (27.3%)
Below Average
2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Seabrook  (Read 32315 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Seabrook
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:13 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

philpatton

Re: Talk About: Seabrook
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2003, 08:31 »
Worked with a great group of planners at the site.  Roger Samson, the in-house supervisor treated us about as good as I’ve ever been treated by any site.  Main problem was finding housing, everything shuts down after Labor Day.  Hope the purchase doesn’t harm the good folks up there very much.

Bob

Re: Rate Seabrook
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2003, 12:29 »
SeaBrook is my all time favorite plant. I haven't been there since I went up to Canada to work.
I still touch base once in awhile with the people there. Treated very well and just told my wife last week how much I miss working SeaBrook.

radgator

Re: Seabrook
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2003, 08:32 »
Contact Preston Reality (603) 474-3453.  Bob is great to work with.  He has a lot of rental homes on the ocean side and rates are cheap, off season.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 07:14 by Duke Nuker »

JassenB

Seabrook area, shift schedule
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2003, 04:46 »
Hello, everybody. Newbie to nukeworker.com. I'm just curious what people think of the area around Seabrook, since I'm contemplating heading out for the fall outage. How's the weather?

I'm also curious how they work their shift schedules. I've been told it's six 12's, but does this mean 6 on-1 off or some other arrangement?

I've been out of the nuclear field for 2 years (ex-squid) and have decided to try getting back into the biz, so this would be my first assignment.

Thank you!
-Jassen

NaehringJ

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2005, 08:35 »
Hmmm... Not even a post from OR09. Well we are approaching the end of OR10 here at seabrook, things are a little hectic on the turbine deck, we are installing a new rotor for the HP turbine as well as all four MSR's. We've had a few injuries but everything is going ahead as planned. The reactor was refueled 2 days ago and the head is back on after fixing a Polar crane glitch that left the head hanging in mid air. Tomorrow myself and my co-workers will be replacing the wheels on the Polar crane for ones with Fresh bearings

BICDADDY

« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:02 »
Wow, wicked quiet thread here eh  ;)

career nuke

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2006, 06:54 »
Trying to hire in for a position at seabrook, can anyone give me some contact info for seabrook.  Thanks, I appreciate it.

piperflyer

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2006, 10:56 »
Buddy of mine just had bed bugs from emerald isle

madhatter

« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:47 »
Does anyone know the R.P office phone number at Seabrook.

bsstacey

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2008, 04:16 »
OR 12 starts Tuesday, and no chatter. Is anyone up here?

Offline wparker3575

• Lurker
Questions about Seabrook......
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2009, 09:34 »
Any former navy nukes currently employed at Seabrook NH?

I am getting out of the navy in October 2010 and I am trying to decide what to focus my efforts on..... Getting a good shore duty, job at Seabrook, STE job at PNSY, or just going to school and then worrying about my employment when that is said and done. I am very interested in working at Seabrook, I have heard nothing but good things about the place. All that I read about the company is very reassuring! I am currently qualified EWS and EDPO and will have about 2 1/2 years of that qual under my belt by the time my EAOS comes around. How nuke friendly is Seabrook? I have heard a lot more from recruiters from Entergy, Excelon, and none from FPL. Is this because they do not hire navy guys heavily? I am also very heavy in QA, have been the AQAO on board my ship for the past 2 years.

My biggest desire is a well paying job in nuclear power related fields around Portsmouth/Seabrook area....... Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Questions about Seabrook......
« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2009, 06:30 »

that's funny... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline vagabond

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2009, 04:30 »

That would be a yes Wes!  I know someone working there now, but they may be leaving soon.  From my experience FPL has been slow in the hiring process, either from being in contact or making the first department (ie Ops, Chemistry, QA, etc..) related phone call.  The HR people seem to do a pretty good job.  I stopped caring about Seabrook or other FPL locations because other places were faster.  I'm sure if I followed up more the process might have gone faster and better. 

Will you be trying to get an early out for school?  That might make it easier due to you being in Hawaii, especially since some of these companies have you travel on your own dime.  There are more people we know I can put you in contact with if you'd like that are better informed than me.

Best of luck to you.  You'll do great things, like always.   

Kenneth
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2009, 04:31 by vagabond »
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Offline wparker3575

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2009, 08:59 »
Yeah Kenneth, any contact information would be greatly appreciated.

As for the early out...... that's a big no! I'm too "important" to transfer early or get out the navy early for anything that would better my life, one of the many reasons I am getting out! On a side note, I plan on being in the area for upwards of 45-60 days of terminal leave before I actually get out of the navy.

It would be extremely helpful to get some contact info, I would like to talk to some people before I send my resume up to FPL.

EjVarmette

« Reply #15 on: Aug 13, 2009, 05:29 »
Hi eveyrone I'm pretty new to the industry I'm going up to seabrook for the outage. I'm traveling with one other person so I was wondering which would be best finding a 2 br house for the month or a double room at a motel? And which motels would have the best rates?

nukewood

« Reply #16 on: Aug 13, 2009, 10:31 »
I always find a nice apt. with Preston realty ,Hampton Beach , NH. Ask for Bob Preston. I pay $ 250/wk for a clean , furnished 2 br apt one blocck from shore. Bob is fair and returns deposits promptly. Preston's # in Seabrook is 603 474 3453 ,blessings Chris

Offline NukeLDO

• Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2009, 07:27 »
Co
I am getting out of the navy in October 2010 and I am trying to decide what to focus my efforts on..... Getting a good shore duty, job at Seabrook, STE job at PNSY, 

Couldn't tell from your post if you have degree or not, but, if you want an STE job, you need to finish your degree...an engineering degree.  There are a limited number of hires for non-degreed, EWS qualified folks.  Without the degree, you'd be limited as far as promotion opportunity within the SY..the proverbial glass ceiling.
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

renthampton

Re: Seabrook Housing
« Reply #18 on: Sep 20, 2009, 06:35 »
I have two beautiful townhouses avail 2 car garage, internet, two  flat screens, washer dryer, 1 1/2 bath, central vac dishwasher disposal, I am not a absent owner so only clean people need a apply.

$1,400 a month non negotiable, 2 people max.

http://sites.google.com/site/hamptonbeachcottagerentals/

Andrew
renthampton@gmail.com
978-375-4417

Offline NHSparky

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Aug 29, 2010, 08:05 »

What is this "Navy" of which you speak?  Oh, wait--it's that space in my life I keep trying to forget.

A lot of the Ops and maintenance folks are split between Navy nukes and Mass or Maine Maritime College.  Advantages and disadvantages to both.

Unfortunately, with the exception of the rare NSO class, there isn't much hiring going on.  As FPL (or NextEra, or NextEnron) goes, so goes Seabrook.  Nevermind that we're actually doing better than pretty much everyone in the fleet.  There has been maybe one Electrician and one I&C tech hired in the last 12-18 months.  We're losing people faster and not really replacing them.
Also available in SOBER!

Offline Smilin' Joe Fission

• Light User
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2013, 11:40 »
Does anybody know when Seabrook will be hiring for ops again?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?