Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLO Training
honeypot

Author Topic: NLO Training  (Read 62534 times)

dirac

Re: SONGS NLO's
« Reply #75 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:02 »
Anyone have any knowledge of training period--overtime after qualified--and/or pay progressions at SONGS for NLO's?

Initial training is about 6-9 months. Secondary and GFES. Then on shift for about a year and then primary training for about 4 months. I think NLOs start at 28/hr and progress towards 35. Overtime is decent but due to the new NRC work hour rules you can only get about 4 overtime shifts every 5 weeks.

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
Re: NLO Training
« Reply #76 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:39 »
A quick shout out to all my fellow new Limerick NLO's that qualified on time and thanks to all the Operators and Trainers that supported us.

Now bring on the OT.

BoilerHP

« Reply #77 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:52 »
Only for a little while until the NRC hour regulations kick in... in the meantime enjoy!

Fermi2

« Reply #78 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:46 »
The NRC Regulations won't end OT. They'll only require one to document it for approval after lower hours.

Mike

dirac

« Reply #79 on: Mar 05, 2009, 11:10 »
The NRC Regulations won't end OT. They'll only require one to document it for approval after lower hours.

Mike

True, but having to justify the OT to the NRC sure puts a lot of pressure to avoid having to do it in the first place. Thats been my impression at least.

Fermi2

« Reply #80 on: Mar 05, 2009, 04:59 »
True, but having to justify the OT to the NRC sure puts a lot of pressure to avoid having to do it in the first place. Thats been my impression at least.

BS you don't have to justify anything. It's no different than it is today. You write the exemption, your PM gives approval and it's audited., this just makes you write up the forms with fewer hours.

Mike

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #81 on: Mar 29, 2009, 11:22 »
I have to agree with Brodzilla, research the plant and the area!  Make sure your family can live in the area.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?