Rate Beaver Valley

Above Average
2 (100%)
Average
0 (0%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Beaver Valley  (Read 137879 times)

Rocp15126

Re: Starting Payrates in Ohio (live near Youngstown)
« Reply #50 on: Mar 08, 2006, 07:43 »
Hi I live near the Beaver Valley Nuclear Plant.  I will be recieving an Accociates Degree in Power Plant Operations and I have a BS in Engineering.  I would like some information on Starting pay rates (NLO) at Beaver Valley (benefits also ) .  Does anyone know any contacts?  Isthere a site to compare working a coal plant vs a nuclearplant??

Thank You,

Paul

I just got hired into the last NLO class as BVPS.  Starting pay is about 25/hr.  Benefits are standard - health,dental,vision, 401k (matching), etc.  Not sure when they will be hiring a new NLO class in though.  Bruce Mansfield is the 3 unit coal plant nextdoor. They are hiring operators right now.  Check out Firstenergycorp.com.  Good luck

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Beaver Valley
« Reply #51 on: Jul 29, 2006, 12:00 »
eye git sech a kick outa des pronunciation guides.  iffen yer ever in town, they sell books dat'll tale yinz how two tawk kerrect!
click this site to see why it's a great little town (pittsburgh, not shippingsport) to live in. 

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t19461.html   

'n a tipa dat hat to debo fer sending me this. ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2006, 12:02 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline stirfry

• Moderate User
  • It's an O.K. World
« Reply #52 on: Jul 29, 2006, 02:37 »
How bout the time Finni left the World famous SKIDWAY in his hearse
on his way to another drinking establishment and everyone followed him with their car lights on. the two cops that they encountered on their drunken parade stopped traffic at two seperate intersections.

ahhhh   the good ol days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
YA gotta be SOMEWHERE

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: Jul 29, 2006, 12:01 »
eye git sech a kick outa des pronunciation guides.  iffen yer ever in town, they sell books dat'll tale yinz how two tawk kerrect!
click this site to see why it's a great little town (pittsburgh, not shippingsport) to live in. 

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t19461.html   

'n a tipa dat hat to debo fer sending me this. ;)

Translation: I get such a kick out of these pronounciation guides.  If youre ever in town, they sell books that will tell you how to talk correct!

dks860

« Reply #54 on: Jul 30, 2006, 08:45 »
Barney Fife is still there......I have heard the area referred to as Pennsyltucky by more than one tech.

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #55 on: Jul 30, 2006, 11:11 »
West Pensyltucky..'u-inz!
How about the Kubota???
The skidway was always fun...so were the after outage
partys...Vicky was always good at organizing them..forget where most were at..
The Funny Bone in downtown Pit was always cool too.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #56 on: Aug 30, 2006, 09:41 »
anything new come about? turns out Im going here instead...I've been before but trying to go the most economical route available!

sunshine1

« Reply #57 on: Sep 08, 2006, 01:10 »
Who all has signed up for the outage starting the end of September? How many techs total?

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #58 on: Sep 08, 2006, 03:10 »
ill be there aggrevating the hps lol SG's here I come!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #59 on: Sep 08, 2006, 09:04 »
anudder won eye gonna miss.  dang.  itz bin a lawng, lawng thyme.  aisle rummage aroun 'n phine a icy lite 'n think warm thoughts of yinz.   ;)

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #60 on: Sep 08, 2006, 09:52 »
anudder won eye gonna miss.  dang.  itz bin a lawng, lawng thyme.  aisle rummage aroun 'n phine a icy lite 'n think warm thoughts of yinz.   ;)

Translation:  another one Im going to miss. Dang. Its been a long, long time.  Ill rummage around and find a icy lite and think warm thought of you.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #61 on: Sep 09, 2006, 09:01 »
Close!!!
All you missed was "icy lite".  As you will soon learn, it is I.C. Lite, the lower calorie version of Iron City Beer.  If you get the chance, try one.  You'll find out what beer tastes like when it's made without stuff like malts or hops.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

jjordan

« Reply #62 on: Sep 09, 2006, 04:57 »
Come on BeerCourt,
I.C. Lite aint all that bad! It's better than Buttwiper or Butt Lite! ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2006, 04:58 by JJordan »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #63 on: Sep 12, 2006, 05:05 »
Not bad for a 'lite'.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

highradsnake

« Reply #64 on: Sep 16, 2006, 11:01 »
Tiz my toin' to chime in ;) Yinz gots itz wrong :( Go fer de Miller Lite or for SW Penna fokes... Rolling Rock.. :( Wait, skip de last one... Ize fergot dat itz now made in Joisey >:( I suppose de painted label needs a changin' frum "de mountain springs to you"...TO... "de PCB laden scum ponds of sout' Joisey" ??? ::) Anyhoo, iffen any of yinz have a moment, let Spanky McFarlin know dat I expect him to look me up wilst he's at da Beava Twap!! 8)

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #65 on: Sep 23, 2006, 02:42 »
dang! eye wuz gonna rhun dahn der an git my phaverette xlator an icy lite.  dubble dang!

mmmm beer.  cmon now we can still get dat beer wit me stayin der.  :D

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #66 on: Sep 26, 2006, 07:59 »
not bad not bad at all....ok so its a hike but so far ive been hooked up with a microwave and coffee pot when the room originally came without...counts high in my book!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #67 on: Oct 09, 2006, 10:05 »
whatza containment basement elevation?

jjordan

« Reply #68 on: Oct 09, 2006, 10:18 »
SloGlo,
I aint sure but 638' seems to be somewhere in the grey matter. Could be too many icylights! :P
JJ

dks860

« Reply #69 on: Oct 10, 2006, 01:01 »
Basement is 592'

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #70 on: Oct 10, 2006, 02:50 »
Unit 1 & 2 - 692' elevation
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2006, 02:57 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

jjordan

« Reply #71 on: Oct 10, 2006, 01:38 »
Spanky,
You are correct with 692' I remember now! 8)
JJ

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #72 on: Nov 05, 2006, 10:37 »
Still looking for the Highradsnake at or near the trap.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006, 07:28 by Mike McFarlin »

yuffie_2000us

« Reply #73 on: Nov 06, 2006, 07:25 »
I think that he is working for R.P. in the War Room. Or maybe they call it Outage Central.

justatech

« Reply #74 on: Aug 06, 2007, 11:32 »
You're best bet is up by the airport (on 60) verses in da valley....................... .. Robinson Township is in the phone book and on the internet ........................lots of entertainment and restaurants........or right across the Ohio state line.............but it's boring.......

Robinson Township - Maybe - at best - 30 minutes from site.........................

Oh did they tell you - to work there you have to pay a tax................oh yeah that's how we &*%#$ - everyone from out of state that want to help us - get even (politicians) with out of towners...................... .....oh yeah...............and they don't allow you in their "wonderful home town park." (don't worry - I've seen better parks - their home town druggies hang out their and their pround of THIS park - please)  SHAME SHAME........................ ......go to the Pittsburgh Zoo and their parks............pay the small emplyoyment tax....................but don't stay there.....................

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?