Rate Beaver Valley

Above Average
2 (100%)
Average
0 (0%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Beaver Valley  (Read 137851 times)

Offline PapPap

• Very Lite User
Re: Beaver Valley
« Reply #100 on: Oct 29, 2013, 11:59 »
Thanks, folks. Guess I'll have to go to Midland for lunch and ask around. BTW - according to the NRC, FENOC has selected a contractor* for their Fukushima FLEX mods. Since I've done FLEX prep work for another plant, I figured this may be something I could get involved with.

But, I've yet to find out who got that contract. Google has failed me thus far.

*Milestone Accomplishments
The following milestone(s) have been completed since the submittal of the OIP (Reference 1). This update
is current as of July 19, 2013. Completed review of the FLEX strategies following the submittal. FLEX strategies are unchanged, and a vendor has been selected to perform the detailed design engineering for the plant modification. Source: http://pbadupws.nrc.gov/docs/ML1323/ML13238A260.pdf

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #101 on: Apr 03, 2014, 01:47 »
If you're at BV for the coming U2 outage, and have control room access, swing by and say HI to the daylight unit supervisor. :)

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2015, 12:33 »
gist finishing up my first outage at da Beav this millenium. quite the change, n for the bettor. hard too believe u1 is the same plant. vary clean n dose rates are weigh down. congrats two the knuckle draggers and management who got this done and are keeping it this whey.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #103 on: Aug 28, 2015, 05:37 »
mebbe the problem is the vue on "employee". eye yam looking at this from outage contracting point, knot a permanent slot perspective.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #104 on: Aug 28, 2015, 06:57 »
If you're at BV for the coming U2 outage, and have control room access, swing by and say HI to the daylight unit supervisor. :)

Justin

Same for this year, but I'm SM this time. :)

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #105 on: Aug 28, 2015, 09:57 »
Same for this year, but I'm SM this time. :)

Justin

Bring donuts!  ;)

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #106 on: Mar 29, 2018, 05:24 »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #107 on: Mar 30, 2018, 12:02 »
Thought that the Beaver Trap deserved this as well as DB and Perry.

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/xcel-nuclear-cost-recovery-bill-advances-in-minnesota-despite-governor-oppo/520187/

deserves got nothing to do with it,...

there is no "right" to electricity,...

electricity is a government subsidized, regulated, enabled, hindered, promoted, demoted, aborted commodity delivered by private, public-private and fully public sources,....

power companies are not nuclear power companies, they are power companies with nuclear assets,...

things change,...

government changes,....

buggy whip makers either adapt, specialize, or die off,...

I recommend folks get good (or at least passable) at DnD,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #108 on: Mar 30, 2018, 12:52 »
Thought that the Beaver Trap deserved this as well as DB and Perry.

GLW,
I'm afraid my post was misunderstood, and re-reading it following your post made me understand why.
I did not mean to infer that the plants and/nor the utility deserved the termination of operations. My intention was to post the utilitydive.com article with the Beaver Valley thread as had been done with the  Davis Besse and Perry threads inasmuch as it is a significant part of the FENOC family, and as such I thought it deserved the same acknowledgement and forthcoming commentary.
My apology for creation of confusion and stimulation of sensitivities.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2018, 04:54 by Atomic Archeologist »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #109 on: Mar 30, 2018, 04:30 »
GLW,
I'm afraid my post was misunderstood,.......

yeah, perhaps,....

perhaps some days I jus' like to vent a bit,....

it makes for imminent ennui some days to know your principles foment you and yours taking the hit for them,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

TVA

« Reply #110 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:21 »
Good people

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #111 on: Mar 31, 2018, 08:28 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?