Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

MM2 Looking for a Nuclear Operations job

(1/6) > >>

Hurricane James:
Hello everyone, I'm a first time poster but I have been lurking on this forum for a few months. I am a 6 year MM2 with ERS and QA qualifications. I've been out since Dec. 2003, and I am looking for an entry level operations job in the South-East. I applied at Southern and passed the POSS and recieved an invitation for an interview for a System Operator In Training position at Plant Hatch. From reading other posts I believe that I did not do to well on the interview. I recieved an e-mail saying that I am in their records for quailifing for the job should another one become available in the next three years.

I would appreciate any advice that could help me on my next interview or any other operations positions in the South-East.

I am currently working at a coal fired plant in Orlando as a Plant Operator. I am on the first responder fire team and I am qualified SCBA, CPR, and HAZMAT.

Thanks.

ChiefRocscooter:
Welcome
Have you seen the post about Progress hiring?  Look at some of my recent threads and you will see scrub saying that Progress is hiring in SC.

I am from Orland (OAK RIDGE High class of 83)  where is the pklant you are at?  Only one I can remember is in Sanford.

Rob

ChiefRocscooter:
Oh yea that symbol might be a problem cause everyone know that UM had to install a prison bell system at thier practice facility to make the players feel at home!! ;D

Rob

scrub:
Yep Progress in SC is looking.  In addition Southern might release your POSS test results to Progress.  If you're test recommended by Progress standards you could go on to the interview phase.  Southern would need something in writing to release your scores.  Then again they may not release them at all.  Just a thought.

Next spring Progress in NC by the ocean will be putting together another AO hiring group.  Not sure if you can hold out that long.

Let me know where you get an interview and I might be able to help with the interview.  We can conduct that through PM.

Let me know if I can help.

ChiefRocscooter:
Hey scrub,
    Glad to here to seaside plant will be hiring in spring will be good time for me.  Wondering if Progress does instant RO or how long the progression is to RO from NLO(AO) as I am fairly sure I want to get lic'ed? (not that I am sure they would take me but I will have a degree so they might offer it).

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version