Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu MM2 Looking for a Nuclear Operations job

Author Topic: MM2 Looking for a Nuclear Operations job  (Read 22835 times)

Fermi2

Re: MM2 Looking for a Nuclear Operations job
« Reply #25 on: Sep 03, 2006, 09:05 »
I GUARANTEE you if you are an SRO interviewing for a job, and you say you were at an INPO 2 Plant that went to INPO 1 and INPO said the plant had a very strong Ops Department you'll see eyes brighten and watch ears perk up REAL fast. I'd imagine M1Ark can tell you the same. I'd bet even thought he was a BWR guy FP and L knew he could do just about anything because he'd been a Unit Supervisor in a strong ops department.

Normally you'll hear guys giving advice say it can't hurt meaning put it on the table. I'll tell you in this instance it'll certainly help because if you don't mention it you're a fool. Once you say it the facility you're interviewing at has ways to determine how instrumental you were in helping get that rating.

The NRC Webpage is very general. Nothing on it can help anyone in the least. If you look at the Security Reports they're all blank.

I'd ask what the rating is, I wouldn't base my decision on it but it would certainly give me a general idea on how the facility is viewed by INPO. The INPO Rating generates a lot of work for everyone.

Rob LOL you should hear the jokes I get about my typing style.

Mike
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2006, 09:06 by Broadzilla »

Beta_effect

« Reply #26 on: Sep 13, 2006, 11:18 »
If you are still job hunting, do not overlook State Radiation Control Programs or Federal opportunities with EPA or the NRC. The States do not pay well in general, but you will hardly ever have to worry about being laid off. Lots of old farts are leaving the industry and there is not enough bodies to fill the vacancies that will be appearing over the next several years...wooo hooo great stuff for those who will be participating in the Nuclear Power Renaissance...there are going to be shortages of peeps everywhere in the industry...heck, there isn't enough right now to support outages...~2,000 hard working souls nationwide...I was a former road wh***...miss it sometimes...really liked the peeps I worked with (NUMANCO!).

micachu

« Reply #27 on: Nov 07, 2006, 08:13 »
Progress is hiring for Shearon Harris in New Hill, NC now.  Also I think North Anna in Mineral, Va is still hiring.

visserjr

« Reply #28 on: Nov 08, 2006, 11:53 »
Poss test release.
Duke wouldn't release my scores to Dominion, which held up my start date by 3 weeks. I eventually took another test with Dominion and passed. Dominion is still hiring new operators at the Virginia plants. Right now they are bringing them in 1 at at time over a period of months to prepare for retiree vacancies in the next 5-10 years from what I understand. I LOVE Surry, but I am as green as an Oak sprig in the spring. Ask others. Everyone posting here greatly attributed to my job seeking success.

John

Fermi2

« Reply #29 on: Nov 08, 2006, 01:12 »
When does your class start? Are you hired on as an NLO? Tell Billy Parker Mike who used to be at Fermi sends a BIG hello!

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?