Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ramifications of DEP drop-out.
honeypot

Author Topic: Ramifications of DEP drop-out.  (Read 45591 times)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Ramifications of DEP drop-out.
« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2006, 06:45 »
I posted in here because I wanted to be on topic in this thread. Additionally, I was not trying to suggest that the navy is not a part of the "real world" just that the navy (and the military in general) is a "different world" than what I am used to. One thing, for example, that the navy can provide that the "the real world" cannot is a guaranteed job. I can sign up, go through meps, sign a contract, and take an oath and I have guaranteed employment on my ship day, easy as pie, no hard work involved. To get a job in the "real world" it requires putting out resumes, interviewing, and impressing the interviewers. For me, going through MEPS was like waiting in line at the DMV to get my drivers liscence renewed, nothing hard, no suprises, and a guarantee that what I get at the end of the line is what I expected when I got in line.

You do stand in line at MEPS, and it is how you get your assigned rating schools. But this is no more a guarantee of success than standing in line each semester for registration assured a successful college degree. After you are in the Navy for 3 years in the Nuke program, you COULD be qualified senior in-rate watchstation with a rank of E-5. That is a good status, but it isn't guaranteed or free. You could also be de-nuked and be an undesignated Fireman (or Seaman) haze grey and underway with no new skills to utilize when you get out.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?