Calvert Cliffs

Above Average
26 (37.1%)
Average
24 (34.3%)
Below Average
20 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Calvert Cliffs  (Read 328712 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs
« on: Aug 12, 2001, 02:18 »
If anyone has lodging information for Calvert Cliffs, please post it here.

From what I remember, there was a large list at the plant of locals that rent out rooms durring the outage.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:16 by Duke Nuker »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 06:49 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

For idle chat, use the "Talk about this site" thread.  Only comments about the plants rating, such as "I liked this site because" will be alowed to remain.  Comments such as "I wonder how next outage will be" should be in the 'Talk about a site' thread.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:44 »
Talk About: Calvert Cliffs

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Calvert Cliffs Contracts
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2002, 06:02 »
Please reply to this topic if you have (or know who has) a contract at this facility.  If you (they) have multiple contracts (i.e. QC & NDE) please mention all of them.  Also, please remember to post company contact information, including but not limited to company phone number, email and web site address.  Also, if there is a specific person at the company people should ask for, you should mention their name and extension. We maintain a chart of contracts, the information posted here will be added to the contract chart.

This includes any information on Local Unions!
Chart: http://www.nukeworker.com/jobs/contract_lists/

craps7

Re: Talk About: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2003, 07:15 »
Today in our first day of training we were welcomed by
C.T THOMAS. When he set the tone of the outage he laid the smackdown on us.After most statements C.T. was quoted as saying Can you deal with that??
Letting us knukledraggers know we wern't needed.We were put into our subserviant places.As the spineless,
jelly fishes that we are nobody said a word and we knew he was the pimp and we were his bitches.

k-linegirl

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2003, 04:20 »
i have always believed in picking my battles so listening to someone toot thier own horn is not a battle i choose to fight.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2003, 06:35 »
So far it dosent sound good.  The only changes heard arent beneficial to the techs.  We will be punching time clocks (although they are only use for accountability), less techs, different lead techs, no break room that I have heard of, we get paid a day later and a maintenace cordinator the we have to "live with" who is already on most techs and deconners crap list.   The only good thing (if you want the hours) is that we should be on 72's for a while and if you like snow skiing it has just snowed.  Im sure things cant be as bad as they seem.   Last generator wasnt bad at all, but we will see how this goes.

Bob

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2003, 08:44 »
So what are you waiting for techs? Come up to Canada. If not this spring, then this August. Pickering has a 3-4 month outage coming up. You'll be treated well and you will work directly for the utility i.e. Diablo Canyon type set up.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Check out the Canadian HP job site postings for more info.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2003, 09:00 »
oooo... looks like recruiting has taken a turn here....
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

HouseSnake

« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2003, 04:17 »
So, it is 2/14, has the SGRP started ? How are things going....Radbastard - you there ? How is SGT to work with ? I never worked Calvert, but I've heard good things in the past.
I worked with SGT at St Lucie, and I don't think I wanna do that again.....

Pet_Cow

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2003, 04:47 »
Today in our first day of training we were welcomed by
C.T THOMAS. When he set the tone of the outage he laid the smackdown on us.After most statements C.T. was quoted as saying Can you deal with that??
Letting us knukledraggers know we wern't needed.We were put into our subserviant places.As the spineless,
jelly fishes that we are nobody said a word and we knew he was the pimp and we were his bitches.

I wish I was there. I generally eat 2 of those boastful types before lunch.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2003, 08:31 »
Sorry to complain, but aren't we supposed to be talking about Calvert Cliffs?  SGRO started on schedule last night.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2003, 10:27 »
If anyone is looking for the posts regarding the Canadian and American military, I removed them.  While I regret the incident that was being discussed, it was completely off topic and certainly not one for this thread.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2003, 01:04 »
Initials are done we had to sacrifice one tech due to heat exhaustion, but CT would be proud we got the job done.  Was that house tech supervisors carrying meters and doing surveys?  Maybe Ive been in heat too long, oh that is, in the heat too long.  Snowing today.  By the way the over /under is 110 days.  At least shutdown was on schedule barely.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2003, 02:17 »
CAN YOU LIVE WITH THAT?

That is our outage slogan as per our maintance supv over the hp's.
Well you thought the last outage was fucked up well this one the way it went last night this should be a even worse.
Less techs,Less deconners,house techs and supv.swinging meters and doing survey's to help out the contractors. When I saw that I thought the bengals were going to win the superbowl or the contract companies were gonna bring back rental cars.I thought I was dreaming.We lost one tech to heat on his first night and one called out sick on the first night.

CT THOMAS WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF US BECAUSE
WE LIVED WITH THAT AND STILL GOT THE JOB DONE.

ComputerTech

;)Re: Talk About: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2003, 03:53 »
Hey Radbastard,

So you went back for another round of
punishment at Calvert?  Sounds like it's
already shaping up to be another cluster
like last Spring.  And here I am Fermi
being treated like a house tech with
"King of the Road" Gerry Thompson.
Calvert would have been more $$$s but
you can have it.  Keep giving us the
play by play and bloopers.  I'm really
looking forward to it. ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2003, 05:04 »
Well in the can we had 3 Hp's for 300 workers= ca ching$$$$
I am not making this up either they were crying for hp's. Everybody came out gassed up because the purge wasn't on. 300 to the old body counter + 3 hp's.
I THOUGHT WE WERE AT MILLSTONE LAST NIGHT.
HOUSESNAKE, I thought we were gonna have to take a half a coke bottle, and a glove liner to make a filter paper and a air sample head out of them like on survivor again with no supplies.We need maybe 20 more techs and about 10 jr's for this outage to run smooth.God help us if people drag up.We are really strapped here because this company is so damn cheap.This might be longer than the last one.

CAN YOU LIVE WITH THAT ???????

Offline march2003

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2003, 03:35 »
Haven't done the replacements at Calvert, but when I worked there for regular outages the housetechs ALWAYS pulled their weight,and supervisors were there to fix problems.

Of course now the outage is being run by SGT and a new company at the helm to boot. Glad that I'm not there!
make every minute count

TamiTrueheart

« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2003, 09:56 »
I like Calvert. Always reinventing the wheel. The housing is cheaper across the bridge.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:35 »
I usually dont do this, but Im going to use a radbastard tactic (sucking up to the house).  I have always enjoyed working with and working for the house techs and supervision.  They have always treated me fairly.  It is sad that the Bartlett supervision is the one that gives me and  a lot of others the grief.  I think a lot of the bartlett long term superv. people need to get out and really start finding out what the road is really like again.  I think this would be a great place to work if we could get rid of the long term (bartlett) people.  You would think they would be the ones that would help us out instead of here it is "live with it" attitude.  ONe more thing if you ever try to send me out in that record setting blizzard in my scrubs there are going to be some sore ankles around here.  You know who you are.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2003, 08:59 »
Oh allright, next time wear double scrubs!
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

hambone

« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:42 »
Radbastard
From what I hear you have one screwed up outage going on. I hope things get better. Hey dude we still have 8 HP slots open at Sequoyah. The outage starts on the 16th.
Love ya Mean it.
Bone
PS the day time high is 55

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2003, 10:06 »
Thanks guys and gals.....just about the time I think I miss the road...you remind me how "not-so-bad" house-pukin' is!! Calvert was never on my top ten list... sounds like it has sunk to even lower lows....
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2003, 01:20 »
Biloxi nice suck up.Hey you missed a spot wipe your mouth.I will agree the I like the people here also {slurp}

Bone love ya ,hate ya, love to hate ya.Good luck!

Calvert had a good night last night maybe cause Biloxi was off?

I wish jjordan was here we need some ice cream.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:35 »
Or maybe you only did one jump like you did tonight.  No wonder there are 100 workers per tech in the can.  Quit your snibbling parachute.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2003, 01:28 »
biloxi- you know they had to save my dose for the big hot jobs. Those scaffolds can get hot. :o ::)

jjordan

« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2003, 05:31 »
I always liked working at Calvert. Most everyone treated you great. The money was usually pretty good. The only drawbacks were the expensive cost of living, :-/ and lack of entertaining things to do (in the winter) :'( Hey Radbastard, do what I do, take a litlle of that money (ca ching$$$) and go to the store! ;) I'm sure they have ice cream in MD. :o Housepuke will love ya for it! :-*
JJ

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Feb 21, 2003, 12:35 »
Now > 30 hours ahead of schedule.  No major issues.  Then again, no ice cream.  Maybe when I come back from my day off. ;)

radrat

« Reply #28 on: Feb 21, 2003, 08:17 »
HEY RADBASTARD!!
Sorry I couldnt make it there this time around i would have loved to see all my friends that went there.
say hi to EVERYONE I know there, and keep the play by play comming .
Ohhh yaaa... BTW your not at Millstone , unless the deconners there are now getting snow up off the ground  ;D

duke99301

« Reply #29 on: Feb 21, 2003, 09:21 »
Life was good there last outage. I cleared 48k by the time i left.
and the plant was great.
and LA was one of the best techs to cover our work.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2003, 01:39 »
Hey duke if you cleared 48k you sure wern't a deconner or hp I guess.Today we might even do the head job 2 days ahead of schdule it's a festivas mircale. :o
I'm just wondering how long before the big f-up happens with SGT???????? ??? ???
One thing I have notice is that they need a bunch more deconners they are killing those poor bastards.

Biloxi tonight you didn't even put your shute on.
nolan ryan= no hitter

biloxi_blues

« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2003, 03:23 »
Yea but Im doing the work of two dayshifters.  Your just mad I took your spot.  They are saving me for the lunch runs they are the really hot jobs.  Bring back the old lunch menu the food is horrible.  Hey at least the snow has turn into rain  here.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #32 on: Feb 23, 2003, 03:40 »
Head lift complete everything went good.  Just found out that warmer weather and rain turns snow into a lotttttttttttttt of fog.  Still no ice cream.  Things seem to be going fine, week one done.  We may have lost a few of those hours we were ahead.  If we could just change the food and the weather it would be great here.

duke99301

« Reply #33 on: Feb 23, 2003, 10:03 »
hum more deconers? I think if they were more usefull and used the old salem Idea, ( use HPs to mop and carry lead)
We would  get more use of the skills they bring.
how many you were there for those days.
I got out of HP looking for a better pay scale.  
I did not get to go back to the cliffs because they stuck me on a job  in boston ($1190 week diem) I  would have liked to seen how we mixed with the house helping run the job. oh will they are making me go to Occnee in 4 weeks . SGT has a lot on the plate for the 5 years they asked me  about working alara but I am in a better spot. more pay less stress. he he.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #34 on: Feb 23, 2003, 12:19 »
they are using hps to help tote lead and mop

duke99301

« Reply #35 on: Feb 24, 2003, 01:01 »
will it saves the company money you have to look at it that way and you signed up for it for a good pay rate.I rember when 12 an hour was good and 350 a week , at IP 2.
they could be doing 12 in and no out as will that would suck.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #36 on: Feb 24, 2003, 01:59 »
Not complaining. Except no ice cream, the weather and that awful lunchroom food.  And Ive hopefully quit that lunchroom food.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #37 on: Feb 24, 2003, 04:41 »
Duke, I hope you wern't running the job for sgt at calvert last year they were almost 60 behind schedule.Oh wait a minute I wish you were I WANT TO MAKE MORE MONEY.THEY WERE MORANS LAST OUTAGE AND MADE US A TON OF CASH.

Oh yes the cafe food sux big time this year.They have chicken or you can pick chicken they are you 2 choice's for entree's each night. I am still waiting for that housepuke to get ice cream.

set the ugs it sux we are moving along to well.I just waiting for the first f-up

Pet_Cow

« Reply #38 on: Feb 24, 2003, 03:21 »
Duke, I hope you wern't running the job for sgt at calvert last year they were almost 60 behind schedule.Oh wait a minute I wish you were I WANT TO MAKE MORE MONEY.THEY WERE MORANS LAST OUTAGE AND MADE US A TON OF CASH.

Oh yes the cafe food sux big time this year.They have chicken or you can pick chicken they are you 2 choice's for entree's each night. I am still waiting for that housepuke to get ice cream.

set the ugs it sux we are moving along to well.I just waiting for the first f-up

Don't eat too much salad and never after Tuesday.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #39 on: Feb 28, 2003, 06:25 »
I see most of us knuckledraggers maybe looking for new jobs soon.

SGT and constellation power is now talking that they are gonna try and do this in 72 days insted of 110 because it is going to good  and they are +114 hours and they haven't had to many   f-up's.
The crafts are all ready talking of dragging and the hp's are going to sequoyah?

And NO I can't live with that.

PS: WE HAVE A DUMB ASS HERE THAT WORK AT "SEQUEAH" FOR 5 YEARS AND HE STILL CAN'T SPELL IT EVEN NOW.
MUST BE THE  INBREDING

biloxi_blues

« Reply #40 on: Mar 01, 2003, 03:34 »
For some dumb reason Im starting to wonder when the last staffing date at Sequoyah is?  What is the payrate anyway?  That dumb bastard cant spell Sequoyah and I cant speak any F----ing English when we are losing 69' foot. (THat 's an inside joke for nightshift CTMT techs)  Ps how is the weather in Soddy  and how is the food in the lunch room?

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #41 on: Mar 01, 2003, 06:58 »
RadBastard, Don't tell me your thinking about dragging up and not staying to see how all of this turns out?!!!!!!

Yesturday when I left @ 6 we were 94 hours ahead. I come in this moring @ 5 and we are now 11 hours ahead. What are you guys doing on night shift? Looks like nothing!

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #42 on: Mar 01, 2003, 12:19 »
It's only going this good because of the rock solid effort the Radbitch is putting forward.   ;D

Positive karma, for a positive attitude RB.

The SD

biloxi_blues

« Reply #43 on: Mar 01, 2003, 05:24 »
I dont know what your smoking RB, but today's schedule states that we are 5 days and 4 hours ahead of schedule.  Defueling done, head reset and SGT will be taken over.   Im sure SGT will get back on schedule espicially if you do the scheduling for them.   This is as of 1800 3/1/2003.  I know what radbastard is doing, but what are you doing and where do you get your information from?

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #44 on: Mar 02, 2003, 02:17 »
Biloxi:

RB is referring to the "Big Mouth" board you see when you first enter the P.A.  For some reason it said we were only 11 hours ahead of schedule as opposed to 111.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2003, 03:37 »
Yes Im his spokesman as starving dog is yours.  At least on nights we can read that memo that comes out everyday we just cant speak english(or at least me).  Yeah and I know who you are that is why Im giving you a HARD time.  We try to keep radbastard quiet but it dosent work even while he is eating.(which is a lot since we gotten that george foreman grill working)  Just yanking your chain woman.  PS  IM the rifleman.  Hope everything is going good for you on days.  Take care

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #46 on: Mar 03, 2003, 06:33 »
Hey Biloxi, Radbitch sounds kinda hot!!  Her rough language... something to fall asleep to I guess.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2003, 10:01 »
Radbitch ,thanks for the defence.I know how to keep BB in line,but he is right that george forman is gonna be the death of us all on night's.To bad you wern't on nights again to keep him in line.He needs to get bitch slapped around.Also when you talk to him you need to speak english only to him.That's something he was told on the headset about losing the 69'.I'll have to tell you about that inside joke.This outage is going to smooth and it sux.CAN YOU SEE IF YOU CAN GET SOME of  those sgt idiots back from the last outage.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2003, 11:21 »
"BB":READ, you know how to read? Can you even see the big mouth from your level or does someone hold you up to read it.

You sound spanish to me "EL STUPID O" !!

biloxi_blues

« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2003, 01:26 »
Just admit your wrong and get back to the thread.  Its obvious sombody needs new batteries.   RADBASTARD   your spelling is still terrible you been hanging around that "seqawah" guy.  Did you ever get that LHRA rope up.    Yes azkidd she is hot when she is walking the other way.  (that should teach you start on the short jokes woman).   Hey cant we just get along?   Good to see you posting again under your real name radbastard.  Now back to the outage.  Yea it is going along to good for everybody but the bartlett people.  Our bonus getting smaller while SGT's gets bigger, Or am I talking about my body parts? PS I know you still want the rifleman  RADBITCH, but of course so does RADBASTARD.  Hey at least it quit snowing.  Take care radbitch and azkidd, you suck radbastard.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #50 on: Mar 03, 2003, 02:19 »
Love ya "BB". You know your the only man for me.

"I LOVE THE RIFLEMAN"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #51 on: Mar 03, 2003, 08:56 »
I know of 3 campgrounds in the area with Patuxent being within 10 to 12 miles of Calvert but having limited electic and sewer hook-ups.

Dennis point marina  301/994-2280
Take it easy retreat & campground 301/994-0494
Patuxent camp sites 410/586-9880
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:28 by Duke Nuker »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #52 on: Mar 03, 2003, 11:15 »
BB i'll speak in your language EL DUMB ASS.
So i'll translate to DUMB ASS FOR YOU BB

Q:How many welders does it take to cut 22/s/g neutron shield in yellow?

A: Just 1 dumb ass, everybody around him was in orange fire retardent suites but him as the sparks were flying around him while he holds the fire blanket to stop the sparks. :o

I think I saw this episode on the fantastic 4 were the human flame was born from being a dumb ass.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: Mar 15, 2003, 04:06 »
13 days 11 hours ahead of schedule. Both lower assemblies out, replacement generators due to go in ~ Monday.

Looks like the bonus they are offering the craft has got them motivated.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #54 on: Mar 17, 2003, 07:06 »
The generator outage is going so well it is boring.  Two weeks ahead of schedule.  New generators already flying back into ctmt. Bartlett  Bonus keeps getting smaller while others are getting bigger.   The only good thing is that at least I will get away from radbastard and I thought I was sorry.  Actually the only good thing is working with the techs and deconners both house and contract.  It also actually got above 40 degrees, but of course it rained.  Anybody need a sorry tech in a couple of weeks  I will be available.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #55 on: Mar 17, 2003, 07:35 »
We may  or may not need a sorry tech (further details left out due to propriety information) If you have no plans toward the end of April.  2-3 weeks, no rent, split food, carpool, 70-80 degrees, no snow, mosquitos, wasps.  Boy I love Mississippi   [smiley=couto.gif] [smiley=ear.gif] [smiley=poke2.gif]

RADBASTARD

« Reply #56 on: Mar 17, 2003, 07:57 »
Yes, I heard through rumor control that the sgt bone-us got an extra million thrown into the pot. It could go up to 10-13 k for some if all goes right.While the hp and deconners will be less if it takes less time.SGT hates when the hp's and deconners want them to slow it up.Techs get the short end again. >:(

Bone the Techs again. No pun intended to hambone ;D.

Hey, Biloxi don't you have some fantasy baseball draft to get back too.I bet your team will suck and have a bunch of homo's like mike piazza ???

hambone

« Reply #57 on: Mar 17, 2003, 08:41 »
Hey Radbastard, Were in day one, just a few hours behind.
I hate you guys are getting the shaft. It's hard to believe you guys are what is it 13 + days ahead. Sounds like someone can't add or the schedule was padded.
Bone

RADBASTARD

« Reply #58 on: Mar 17, 2003, 11:13 »
Well BONE,THEY LOST A LITTLE TIME THEY ARE ONLY 12 DAYS AHEAD NOW.
The 1st new s/g just touched down in the hole.
Sounds like yours maybe a money maker if it keeps going backwords?
Are you still 12 techs short?

hambone

« Reply #59 on: Mar 19, 2003, 03:32 »
Yea Radbastard, we are still aprox. 12 short, but that only means that the rest of work a little harder. Us Alara boys are in the process of hanging 150 tons of shielding. I feel like I've been hit by a stick! Take care, Bone

TamiTrueheart

« Reply #60 on: Mar 22, 2003, 07:42 »
Yea Radbastard, we are still aprox. 12 short, but that only means that the rest of work a little harder. Us Alara boys are in the process of hanging 150 tons of shielding. I feel like I've been hit by a stick! Take care, Bone

You can hang 150 tons? I bet you have a big muscle.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #61 on: Mar 22, 2003, 08:04 »
HEY HAMBONE I HEARD YOUR HUNG LIKE 150 TONS.

CALVERT IS 15 DAYS AHEAD AND THE TECHS ARE GETTING SCREWED THERE FOR MONEY.

THE SGT BONUS FOR SOME IS BETWEEN 7-15K AND THOSE POOR TECHS ARE GETTING LESS EACH DAY IT'S CUTS OFF.

hambone

« Reply #62 on: Mar 23, 2003, 09:53 »
Hey Radbastard, I thought Calvert was paying like 3 dollars an hour bonus, but i guess if you cut several weeks off the outage it ends up being a BONE-US.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #63 on: Mar 27, 2003, 12:28 »
Good luck to my friends at Calvert Cliffs.  After 13 years I will be parting ways for a change of scenery.  It's been a good ride, but it's time for me to move on.

(I am still keeping the "Housepuke" handle though) ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #64 on: Mar 27, 2003, 08:44 »
oh, great!  i'll probably get a chance to go back to calvert on the next round of outages 'n housepuke won't be there.  :(  good luck in yer future endeavors... hopefully we'll get on the same road in the future. 8)

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #65 on: Apr 02, 2003, 02:55 »
;D ;DOutage still going strong.  Better than 19 days ahead. ;D ;D

DainJer

« Reply #66 on: Apr 02, 2003, 05:51 »
Maybe HousePuke could use HomePuke until such date he Re-earns the title.

jjordan

« Reply #67 on: Apr 02, 2003, 09:12 »
Housepuke,
Good luck with your future endeavors, maybe our paths will cross again! [smiley=beerchug.gif]. SloGlo, iffen your lookin for outage work keep on drivin south past CC, I'll look out for you hear at Brunswick. Good to hear that you are ahead of schedule!  :D JJ

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #68 on: Apr 03, 2003, 06:31 »
Thanks JJ, I'd like nothing more than a re-union with a number of folks I haven't seen in a long time. ;)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #69 on: Apr 04, 2003, 10:14 »
Enjoyed the drinks and chat last night, HousePuke... may the wind be always at your back and the road rise to meet you. 'Til we meet again down the road. Good Karma to you.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

duke99301

« Reply #70 on: Apr 17, 2003, 09:53 »
who can tell me about the Bone US

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #71 on: Apr 17, 2003, 11:41 »
Good luck to my friends at Calvert Cliffs.  After 13 years I will be parting ways for a change of scenery.  It's been a good ride, but it's time for me to move on.

(I am still keeping the "Housepuke" handle though) ;)

First Troja, not House Puke, whats going on at Calvert Cliffs?  It must be as bad as they say...

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #72 on: Apr 18, 2003, 06:16 »
Outage bout OVER! 45' grating going in, Equipment Hatch going on ~1000. The light at the end of the tunnel is here.        

"SHOW ME THE MONEY"!

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #73 on: Apr 22, 2003, 12:23 »
SGRO complete at 11:10 this morning.    :o  This was a wildly succesful outage and all who participated should be proud of the work they did.

SD

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #74 on: Apr 22, 2003, 06:35 »
Glad to hear the outage was successful.  I hope all my friends survived OK.  I miss them, but I don't miss the much else.
Take Care ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #75 on: Apr 22, 2003, 08:17 »
I miss the 2 more months of extra outage pay because the outage went to smooth ,the techs didn't make the money they thought they would.THE HOUSE TOOK OVER FOR SGT theycut about 80 days of the outage from last year.

But the "A" Techs THAT ARE STAYING SHOULD MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #76 on: Apr 23, 2003, 04:39 »
ain't sgt the outfit doing the sgr at oconee?   hmmm.

Arnold_Ziffel

Re: Rate Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2003, 02:20 »
They took over the Rad Safety for the SGR this time but killed their Program.  If you like wearing blinders, then CCNPP is the place for you.

k-linegirl

« Reply #78 on: Jun 03, 2003, 06:57 »
calvert is actually a good place to work. i don't believe that there is one place out there that doesn't have something about it that someone doesn't like.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #79 on: Jun 03, 2003, 11:55 »
I like they way they were gonna lift the TLD over all the welders heads and keep them welding ,why it was going on to get the job done and didn't even tell them what was happening over their heads.  

The lifting supv. said
"hey we did the same thing to them when we put it up there while they were cutting off the steam dome it's ok"

I guess if I jumped off a bridge and lived,it's ok for me to do it again because my dumb ass didn't get killed the first time then.

You are right safty is talked up,unless it interferes with the schedule of the outage,even if it's 15 mins.

splashndash

« Reply #80 on: Jun 09, 2003, 03:39 »
I have worked CCNPP's last four outages as a union contract employee and have been treated with much respect, even though I am a low life painter.  This is one plant that does appreciate the skills of the craft.  I look forward to many more outages at CCNPP and look forward to seeing the many friends which I have made there.

basketlady

« Reply #81 on: Jun 17, 2003, 08:52 »
Even though the 2003 outage is over, St. Mary's Landing Apt. is where I stayed. Requires a lease. Bring an air matteress.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:28 by Duke Nuker »

k-linegirl

Re: Calvert Cliffs Contracts
« Reply #82 on: Jun 26, 2003, 06:38 »
the word is out atlantic group got the maint contract. also d&z got a part but i am not completely sure what part. i don't know any contact info on the atlantic group other then they work at nine mile. as far as d&z, you could just call the plant and ask the operator for the d&z office

kwicslvr

« Reply #83 on: Jul 11, 2003, 11:34 »
Interviewed there a few months back.  The people were really nice and the area is very nice and inexpensive when compared to the rest of Maryland.

k-linegirl

« Reply #84 on: Jul 15, 2003, 12:00 »
Interviewed there a few months back.  The people were really nice and the area is very nice and inexpensive when compared to the rest of Maryland.

i am sorry to inform you but this area is very expensive. i have lived here most of my life and outside of montgomery county this county is very expensive for housing and taxes.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #85 on: Jul 15, 2003, 12:08 »
thanks for the additional, k-linegirl.  for a while there, i thought that they musta froze the rents at the ranch club. ;)
but the plant and people were guite nice according to my recollection, 'n the area ain't bad either.  

stownsend

« Reply #86 on: Jul 15, 2003, 02:48 »
I spent several outages at Calvert and the second one is an easier transition because you know how the plant operates ,the area etc.I'm off the road now but it was always a good place to start your golf game.

biloxi_blues

« Reply #87 on: Jul 15, 2003, 03:46 »
The best thing about Calvert Cliffs is the K-Line Girl.  And the fact that when you leave you dont have to work with radbastard.   Why are all the supervisors leaving?

biloxi_blues

« Reply #88 on: Jul 16, 2003, 07:26 »
okay i got off the subject a little bit.  The house techs are really good to work with.  They treated us pretty good on nights werent looking over your shoulder.  The supervisors on nights treated us good also.  Really the only problem came within our own organization.  Quotes like "can you live with it" were stated at the very beginning of the outage when that person didnt even know us.  The infamous time clock that "was not use to keep our time" was never a factor.  All in all the plant wasnt bad, but the area, weather and housing was less than desirable to me.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #89 on: Jul 17, 2003, 01:08 »
Hey Biloxi nice suck up! I have to agree I do like all the supervisors on nights and k-line girl is always one of my favorite people to work with,she should have worked nights this past time.Maybe she wouldn't have gotten killed with all those high risk jobs like on day shift.Radbitch always make calvert fun and entertaining to work with.She sure could make those contruction workers blush.I hated to see housepuke leave calvert,he was one of the good ones.
The area is super costly and for the life of me I can't understand why.
                  They do have the TIKI BAR weekend in the middle of april.They do pass out alot of beads at that event.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #90 on: Jul 21, 2003, 07:59 »
Thanks RadBastard.  I miss several people there, but not the BS. ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #91 on: Jul 21, 2003, 09:57 »
The area is super costly and for the life of me I can't understand why.

dude... yer ina middle of the playbround fer d.c.   dem senators/representatives/lobbyists gotz beeg perdiem!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #92 on: Jul 21, 2003, 11:06 »
yeah house puke I just heard Tino left.Why do all the good ones leave.Seems like all the house people are jumping ship.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #93 on: Jul 22, 2003, 06:51 »
ohmigarsh... talk here, rate there, comment over yonder, travel down there..... eye getz sew cornfuzed ::)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #94 on: Aug 26, 2003, 12:24 »
nice pic of c.c. on the cover of nuclear plant journal, july-august '03 issue!
btw, when did bge become constellation energy?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: Aug 26, 2003, 01:42 »
You are living up to your name, Slo -- that was over 2 years ago
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #96 on: Aug 26, 2003, 01:52 »
May I suggest "Conflagration Energy Group"?

Just a thought. ;)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #97 on: Aug 26, 2003, 02:24 »
You are living up to your name, Slo -- that was over 2 years ago

well, ya'd think sumbuddy wooda said sumtin.... of course i ain't bin there fer over a deca....bin a while.

kwicslvr

« Reply #98 on: Oct 15, 2003, 06:42 »
Who all here works at CC any ways?

kwicslvr

« Reply #99 on: Oct 15, 2003, 06:48 »

i am sorry to inform you but this area is very expensive. i have lived here most of my life and outside of montgomery county this county is very expensive for housing and taxes.

After looking in PG, Montgomery, Anne A. for the same quality and type area we are finding places in Calvert half the cost than any other county surronding DC on the Maryland side.  

kwicslvr

« Reply #100 on: Oct 17, 2003, 02:11 »
Figure I'd ask and see.  I start there on 10/20.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #101 on: Oct 21, 2003, 02:09 »
So you start on 10/20?  A new house job?  If so I wish you luck.

kwicslvr

« Reply #102 on: Oct 21, 2003, 04:41 »
Yup.  New Chem Tech.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #103 on: Oct 22, 2003, 05:05 »
Been a rad tech at Calvert off and on since 89. Look forward to meeting ya.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #104 on: Oct 22, 2003, 11:54 »
P.S. Calverts not the same without housepuke and RTroja!!!!!! Miss ya'll much!

kwicslvr

« Reply #105 on: Oct 22, 2003, 05:33 »
Just wish I could get my security badge already so I don't have to be babysitted everywhere!

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #106 on: Oct 23, 2003, 05:24 »
Thanks Radbitch!  I miss y'all too. ;)

kwicslvr

« Reply #107 on: Oct 23, 2003, 05:19 »
Hey radbitch,

Now that I meet ya you even look like your avatar ;)

See ya around.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: Oct 29, 2003, 07:00 »
Miss you, too, Radbitch. Maybe I will see you at the next outage. Miss HousePuke, too -- but he isn't as easy to look at.  :-*

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #109 on: Oct 29, 2003, 08:11 »
Hey, I resemble that remark! 8)

Haz-Mater

« Reply #110 on: Oct 29, 2003, 04:25 »
I worked CC in 92 and 93.  It was a nice place to work.

Arnold_Ziffel

« Reply #111 on: Nov 03, 2003, 02:05 »
What I miss about Calvert (other than RadBitch) is the way they used to conduct business. The plant in '99 had a strong HP dept and it was like stepping back into the 80's for how we were backed and the attitude toward Rad Safety. Now its "get it done". I know they have lost several good people who can't deal with being a part of a program that has no spine, 'nads or frontal lobes. I see them on the same path they were on when they came close with the diver. I guess it will take a major wake-up call to bring their program back.
    BTW, glad you're doing well away from the nuclear family, HousePuke.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #112 on: Nov 03, 2003, 05:34 »
Very well put Arnold.  That was one of the main reasons (amoung many)that I left.
I believe it's only a matter of time.  The sad part is that the change in philosophy will not be cited as a reason.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #113 on: Nov 05, 2003, 04:08 »
At the last sgrp safety was only implemented and preached as long as the work wasn't inpacted. Just like when they lifted the TLD and had it hanging right over the welders head when they were welding the steam dome.
They said hey it was ok.
They said that they didn't get hurt when they put the TLD up over their heads when the were cutting out the steam dome.
At the same time they wanted the hp's to stand under it to monitor for radiagraphy on the S/G.
To many things going on at once to hurry to get the job done.
Anymore it's about getting the job done ahead of schedule,and if they tell you anything different they are bold face lying bastards.
God I miss the 80's WHEN SHIT WAS SLOW,but I do love the housetechs there and it is one of my favorite places to work.That means even you HOUSEPUKE and RADBITCH.
HOUSEPUKE I hope your new job is alot less B.S?

garycom

« Reply #114 on: Feb 14, 2004, 11:58 »
I worked the spring 2000 outage covering generators. They had a great set up for remote monitoring- I have heard it's even better now. The cafeteria is by far the best I have experienced at a nuke plant.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #115 on: Mar 04, 2004, 03:21 »
So who is planning on working Calverts next outage?  Just curious how many returnees.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: Mar 05, 2004, 06:52 »
I will be in sunny southern Florida doing the St. Lucie thing. Would probably go to Calvert if it didn't conflict schedule-wise, but the money and the weather are better on the Island.  Almost a shame not to work 15 minutes from home, but...

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

k-linegirl

« Reply #117 on: Mar 05, 2004, 07:12 »
very few returnees are returning this time. about 20 to 25%.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2004, 07:18 by k-linegirl »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #118 on: Mar 05, 2004, 08:36 »
k-line girl i'm sorry we won't be back this time.Why do you think hardly anybody came back this time?
email me and tell me who is back-radbastard

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #119 on: Mar 08, 2004, 12:11 »
Since it's not a SGR this time (read that as a shorter outage) and it's starting later in the sring than previously Calvert may not fit into some folks schedules this year.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #120 on: Mar 08, 2004, 04:32 »
Iron Chef you lost me on that one.  Care to elaborate?

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #121 on: Mar 08, 2004, 04:56 »
Look for the long line of unhappy faces at HR if outage goals aren't met.  The new regime will make CC employees accountable for performance, instead of hiding behind the perception of poor contractor performance.

This topic thread should be hopping pretty good through the upcoming outage.

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #122 on: Mar 08, 2004, 05:43 »
A lot of the returnees from the last 2 outages are at the oconee SGR.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #123 on: Mar 11, 2004, 01:13 »
I'm back housepuke but not HP, trying to get this move-in coordinator stuff on my resume. Troja how long are you in FL? I'm heading for Turkey point when calvert if over.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #124 on: Mar 12, 2004, 07:02 »
I hope it works out well for you Radbitch.  I miss ya!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #125 on: Mar 12, 2004, 08:38 »
Calvert is a great place to work,but lets face it money talks and bullshit walks to another site that is paying more.They need to start catching up with the rest of the country and start paying more.
I mean solomons island and lexington park arn't the cheapest place to live that is for sure.

Over 4 years ago calvert was one of the best paying places,but they haven't raised the wages in over 4 years and actually they have come down.Back then the wages were the same but with a $4hr straight time and $6hr OT bonus.Now its down to$ 2 and $3

I heard hp 25% returnee this time and only 3 returning deconners from the old bunch that is almost 100% returnee.Oconnee has them all I guess
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2004, 07:03 by RadBastard »

Masterlee RF

« Reply #126 on: Mar 16, 2004, 10:17 »
Welp I will be back again for the 6th straight outage somebody gotta have fun and pull them ICI's I guess... All in all CCNPP is one of the best sites I go to as far as the Techs and house people working with us to make our job easier... see some of ya there...

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #127 on: Apr 07, 2004, 09:41 »
Outage starts Friday.  Good luck to y'all! 8)

kwicslvr

« Reply #128 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:43 »
Outage starts Friday.  Good luck to y'all! 8)
  Feels like it already started to me!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #129 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:41 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #130 on: Apr 08, 2004, 09:37 »
TIKI BAR weekend extravaganza is just around the corner.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #131 on: Apr 09, 2004, 08:54 »
All you can eat crabs Wednesday nights at Abner's in Chesapeake Beach, $22.00 last year.  Don't dress up.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #132 on: Apr 09, 2004, 10:10 »
On Solomons Island:
DiGiovannis (Great Italian, highly recommended)
CD Cafe (Good food, very eclectic menu)
The Lighthouse (Good food, great view, nice atmosphere)
If you're stocking up your fridge Woodburns!  Awesome food store!
Best crabcake in the county: Stoney's
Enjoy!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #133 on: Apr 09, 2004, 03:03 »
   The waterfront in Annapolis was a great way to spend a Sunday Morning. Reardon's (if it is still there) had a killer Sunday Champagne  brunch. After brunch a shopping expedition around the water front gave my "Mall Nazi" a little little fresh air. One store I remember was Pendragon Gallery that sold SciFi and Fantasy art and jewelry. I still have a couple of silver rings from there..
   I used my time over several outages to see many of the Smithsonian Museums, a little vacation with work. Both Annapolis and DC are a short drive from Calvert.
   The beaches on the bay were a good place to hunt for fossils, six inch shark teeth were found there from the Great Whites ancestors.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #134 on: Apr 09, 2004, 04:51 »
If you get to Baltimore put Jimmy's World Famous Seafood on your list. Best shrimp around and then for the guys find a place called Nightshift. Bring your own beer and sit at the bar. SWEET! and for those who don't like comparing body parts the ball field is first class.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #135 on: Apr 10, 2004, 09:54 »
Solomons seems to be the best of civilization out here for dining atleast.  lexington park has a starbucks and target, Im finally happy. ;D  got lost in dc couldnt tell you one thing about it. but hagerstown has outlett shopping!

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #136 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:29 »
So now that it's started, how's things going?

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #137 on: Apr 14, 2004, 09:05 »
That "minor issue" will likely result in a NCV and a green finding at a minimum.  Do they still have the HRA entry check list?  It was supposed to mitigate such occurrences.

harleygirl

« Reply #138 on: Apr 14, 2004, 03:29 »
Things are well so far, safe and on schedule at the 100 hr mark.  Containment had a minor delay with equipment hatch door gantry not operating, they seem to be back on track.  Turbine project is on schedule with all LP rotors on the floor and nothiong but lower casings to come out.  Lots of frisking going on out there, 100's f tons of metal to be disposed of.  Managment seems to have a realistic view of what it takes to do a 30 day or less outage.  Must be the Exelon influence of a few key players.  hehehe  1 Minor issue, locked high rad unauthorized entry, worker was sign blind from all the outage hype banners.  Good Day.

You said locked high rad unauthorized entry and worker missed sign? What happened to the locked barrier or door guard how did worker get around those?

kwicslvr

« Reply #139 on: Apr 15, 2004, 02:51 »
You said locked high rad unauthorized entry and worker missed sign? What happened to the locked barrier or door guard how did worker get around those?

He had been in there working all day with HP coverage.   At the end of the day he had to go back in to hang a tag.  He went in without HP coverage and without informing them.  There is just a barrier infront of the entrance with signs saying what it is.  He just went all over them.  It is not required to be "locked" if there is a barrier there to impede someones way. 

kwicslvr

« Reply #140 on: Apr 15, 2004, 02:52 »
Right after the 100 hour mark we had the first OSHA recordable.  I grinder kicked back on its operator cuting through his leather gloves and lacerating his index finger. 

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #141 on: Apr 15, 2004, 03:06 »
If it was a "Locked High Radiation Area" then a lock or a guard or a flashing light is required.  The flashing light can only be employed if no other reasonable barrier can be constructed to prevent unauthorized access.  Reference Reg Guide 8.38.
If it was a "High Radiation Area" then a barrier to prevent "inadvertant access" is all that is required.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #142 on: Apr 16, 2004, 04:10 »
Hey housepuke, they fired the guy for the violation. You know him, scaffold guy who worked here for at least 15 years. IM me and I'll give ya the scoop.

harleygirl

« Reply #143 on: Apr 16, 2004, 04:21 »
kwicslvr have you heard of 10CFR 20 regs. A locked high rad area is defined in there....now a lot of plants have high rad areas they lock for precaution but that is not a LOCKED HIGH RAD AREA. Please next time be more specific with the info.

We had a violation because someone cut tie wraps holding our posted LHRA orange fencing to prevent access to the transfer canal during fuel movement....So the barrier should be locked and really try to prevent inadvertant and advertant entries. The offender was an HP tech who got caught and weaseled out of the violation so the plant got the hit.

kwicslvr

« Reply #144 on: Apr 17, 2004, 04:32 »
kwicslvr have you heard of 10CFR 20 regs. A locked high rad area is defined in there....now a lot of plants have high rad areas they lock for precaution but that is not a LOCKED HIGH RAD AREA. Please next time be more specific with the info.

I'm just regurgetating what I was informed.  And being in the nuclear field for 12+ years, yes I know of the regs very much.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #145 on: Apr 17, 2004, 02:13 »
Radbitch,It's been along time since I miss a calvert outage.I guess since im not there it went to shit? [HA HA} I HEARD HARDLY ANY RETURNESS,MAYBE 8.I bet they were expecting alot more? I guess because it hasn't raised the money and diem up in 5 years it's the same.I HEARD YOU GOT ALOT OF SOUTHERN HP'S FROM DUKE.Them coming here must of been like getting a raise after being in the southern plants with lower wages?

harleygirl

« Reply #146 on: Apr 19, 2004, 09:41 »
I'm just regurgetating what I was informed.  And being in the nuclear field for 12+ years, yes I know of the regs very much.

Sorry kwic, I didn't mean to put you on the spot and I also know that during the outage and at the time violations occur that not all the info is made available...Thanks for posting what you did know.

We will probably see this in the NRC reports and it will most likely add to the industry OE's. Like INPO and the NRC have noticed there is a backward trend in incindents like these....

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #147 on: Apr 20, 2004, 11:37 »
Hey Radbastard, Yea lots of new faces! I've been stuck @ the hatch so I don't see most of them. Things are pretty slow on our end right now, everythings been moved-in now were waiting for the mad rush of move-out. Heard yesturday through rumor control that they laid-off 1 tech and 2 deconners. Don't know how much truth is in it. Talk to ya soon.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #148 on: Apr 20, 2004, 03:25 »
Wow, twelve days in and laying people off already.  I did hear that H2O2 injection and clean-up went well.  Do you think it's a reality to do it in 30 days?  If it is a good possibility then I wouldn't be looking forward to move-out with the severe case of mega-watt fever that will certainly be prevalent.
Good luck to you Radbitch! A little Karma too.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #149 on: Apr 21, 2004, 11:18 »
Thanks for thinking about me housepuke, I'm ready for'em, got plenty of B-25's and a few conex's to throw it all in. And thanks for the karma I don't seem to get much anymore!

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #150 on: Apr 21, 2004, 12:27 »
Are those containers to throw equipment in or the people suffering from mega-watt fever? ;)

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #151 on: Apr 21, 2004, 04:51 »
Can't say I've had that much of a hard time yet. They keep the OCC stocked with food and I regularly pack a brown bag and bring it down for the crew. I have a great bunch of iron heads and OE's again. Couldn't ask for a better group of guys! They get'er done.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #152 on: Apr 22, 2004, 06:44 »
Glad to here you've got a good crew.  That's always a good thing.
Hey, seems like your Karma is going up some more.

kwicslvr

« Reply #153 on: Apr 27, 2004, 06:09 »
The outage is moving along very successfully so far.  17 days in 11 days left.  We were 38 hours behind due to un unforseen emergent maintenance task.  We knocked it back down to 5 hours behind a couple days ago and as of today we are right on schedule again.  Only 2 OSHA recordable's so far and they dropped the total dose goal down 10 rem since we are doing so well so far.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #154 on: Apr 27, 2004, 06:21 »
The outage is moving along very successfully so far.  17 days in 11 days left.  We were 38 hours behind due to un unforseen emergent maintenance task.  We knocked it back down to 5 hours behind a couple days ago and as of today we are right on schedule again.  Only 2 OSHA recordable's so far and they dropped the total dose goal down 10 rem since we are doing so well so far.

Much better than 17 days into a 13 day outage. That smarts!
 >:(
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #155 on: Apr 28, 2004, 02:31 »
I've been hearing that it's pretty much on schedule.  I have to say that's impressive!  Although I have also heard that personnel contaminations are pretty high and that there's lots of corners being cut.
All in all, if no-one gets hurt, no serious problems and the works done right then kudos to a job well done.

k-linegirl

« Reply #156 on: Apr 30, 2004, 09:13 »

still on schedule. looking good, however we still have to face start up.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 02:54 by k-linegirl »

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2004, 07:26 »
Yep, unit 1 has traditionally been a bit finicky on start-up.
How you doing K-linegirl?  IM me sometime and let me know how you and Mr K-linegirl are doing. ;)

Pdiddy

« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2004, 07:39 »
just returned from calvert...first time there for me. i thought it was a good place to work...lots of time in the bldg. and plenty to do, but they treated me very well. lots of good house techs and vendor techs. working for k-linegirl is better than the atkins diet if you're looking to drop a few pounds...that girl can outwork MOST of the guys!

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2004, 04:11 »
So how's the outage going? Should be wrapping up soon assuming it's on time.  What's the scoop?

kwicslvr

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2004, 07:44 »
Done in 28 days.   We are on the grid and still raising power.   The turbine project took only 20 days to complete which is amazing.

kwicslvr

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2004, 07:18 »
Here's the newswire writeup:

Constellation Energy's Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant Completes Turbine Replacement Project in Record Time
May 10, 2004 1:29:00 PM ET

BALTIMORE, May 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Constellation Energy CEG today announced that it has completed its Unit 1 low-pressure turbine replacement and refueling outage at the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant, 16 days ahead of schedule. The turbine replacement, which was achieved in 20 days, marks a new U.S. nuclear industry record for a three-section replacement.

"Many of our facilities, including Calvert Cliffs, are consistently top performers as compared to similar facilities throughout the nation," said Michael J. Wallace, president of Constellation Generation Group, a subsidiary of Constellation Energy. "To continually achieve operational excellence, be it successfully completing an outage or safely and reliably running our national fleet of power plants, we continually draw on our fleet-wide resources, thereby maximizing performance. This most recent performance at Calvert Cliffs is indicative of the depth of talent and expertise that lies within our team of power generation professionals."

In addition to refueling and routine maintenance activities, Constellation Generation employees and contractors completed an overhaul of an emergency diesel generator and an inspection of Alloy-600 in key piping and welds. A bare metal visual inspection and ultrasonic testing showed the reactor head to be in very good condition.

"The credit for this success goes to our employees and their ability to work as a team, particularly where it involved incorporating lessons learned from our colleagues throughout the industry," said George Vanderheyden, vice president of the Calvert Cliffs facility. "An additional key to our success is our relationships with Westinghouse, GE and AREVA and our collective ability to build a strong team solely focused on this outage. The record-setting results reflect a commitment to safety, excellence and precise execution second to none."

Calvert Cliffs' two nuclear reactors generate approximately 1,700 megawatts.

Constellation Energy (www.constellation.com), a Fortune 500 company based in Baltimore, is the nation's leading competitive supplier of electricity to large commercial and industrial customers and one of the nation's largest wholesale power sellers. Constellation Energy also manages fuels and energy services on behalf of energy intensive industries and utilities. It owns and operates a diversified fleet of power plants throughout the United States. The company delivers electricity and natural gas through the Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), its regulated utility in Central Maryland. In 2003, the combined revenues of the integrated energy company totaled $9.7 billion.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2004, 10:11 »
k-line and radbitch- sorry I miss it,sure sounds like it was a real short one.Man those 50 + dayers sure seem like a long time ago.Maybe the next one they will raise the money but I dought it.

astronuke

« Reply #163 on: Jun 03, 2004, 06:13 »
I heard that they have several openings for Chemistry technicians.

kwicslvr

« Reply #164 on: Jun 03, 2004, 10:10 »

Trinian23

« Reply #165 on: Jan 18, 2005, 02:49 »
Proves that I may be to trusting. BUT... if anyone ever needs a place to stay in the area, I live in Alexandria, just PM me. Gotta comfortable couch!
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:29 by Duke Nuker »

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #166 on: Jan 21, 2005, 10:57 »
I have a friend that has several rooms for rent. Email me for the phone #.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: Feb 01, 2005, 02:51 »
Shows you how long I have been away... just read this section about my own hometown.

Solomons is the place to be in southern Maryland. One of my favorite not-mentioned places is called Drydock... tiny little restaurant in a marina with hard to beat food and a killer view. A bit pricey, but well worth it. And while Stoney's crabcake is the biggest around and not to be missed, I think the Drydock cake tastes even better.

JessJen, if you went all the way to Hagerstown for outlet shopping, you missed Kent Island -- just across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge from Annapolis and a lot closer than Hagerstown. Also home to another great restaurant at the Beach Club... eat dinner on the roof and watch the sun set over the Bay.

Marlin... Riordan's is still in Annapolis and so is the brunch. And don't miss Middleton's Tavern if you want to eat in a restaurant where George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and many of their friends enjoyed their meals. My sister is Director of Visitor Services for the city. Stop by the Visitor's Center and tell Mary Jo that I sent ya!
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2006, 11:36 by RDTroja »

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

jjordan

« Reply #168 on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:01 »
I did 3 outages at CC in a previous life, good plant to work! Great people at the plant, Solomons was fun but pricey. The Lighthouse was my favorite resturaunt, and the Tiki Bar in the summer is a must! Baltimore and DC were big dissapointments, if you have the time Annapolis is the place to go, safer and nicer shops and resturaunts, and a little bit cheaper. I see by some of the names alot of things have changed since I was there last, I know a lot of my freinds are no longer there, but some still are. Have Fun! :-*
JJ

Offline earlbear11

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #169 on: Feb 03, 2005, 12:50 »
to radbitch and whoever i am looking for lodging at calvert cliffs
at sammyanna45@yahoo.com

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #170 on: Feb 11, 2005, 03:02 »
So how many returnees going to the 'Cliffs for the outage?  I'm hearing three weeks of 7/12's and it's over.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #171 on: Feb 11, 2005, 09:16 »
Well housepuke me and the wife were gonna go but we are still overseas.
The money did got up $3 to $23 but the diem is the same that it has been for the last 5 years.That area isn't cheap, god knows why.The area isn't nothing special.
I heard not many.It is still one of our favorite plants though.We like the techs and the people there.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: Feb 11, 2005, 11:16 »
You watch how you talk about my neck of the woods, Radbastard... I happen to think it is a great area... close enough to big cities, Solomons has good restaurants, the Chesapeake is great for boating and fishing and you are still far enough away from the rush. What's not to like? Hell, there is even a Starbucks nearby now for those that can't quite give up the yuppie life.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

kwicslvr

« Reply #173 on: Feb 14, 2005, 09:49 »
You watch how you talk about my neck of the woods, Radbastard... I happen to think it is a great area... close enough to big cities, Solomons has good restaurants, the Chesapeake is great for boating and fishing and you are still far enough away from the rush. What's not to like? Hell, there is even a Starbucks nearby now for those that can't quite give up the yuppie life.
All that still doesn't justify the cost of living in the area.  Especially for houses!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: Feb 14, 2005, 10:18 »
I have bought three houses there since 1991 and found them to be reasonable for what I got. I have traveled around quite a bit and found cheaper places to live, but IMHO it was a matter of you-get-what-you-pay-for. Compared to where I am right now (Southern Florida) it is pretty reasonable. Besides... as a homeowner I like the fact that the prices are going up. Let's hear it for Equity!

It would not be one of the fastest growing counties in the US if a lot of people didn't find it a reasonable place to stay.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #175 on: Feb 14, 2005, 03:15 »
As a former resident of St. Leonard and contractor at Calvert for a few years, I am with RDTroja.  It was/is a great place to live and raise a family.  I too, am now in Southern Florida and think that Jensen Beach is great too!  SD.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #176 on: Feb 14, 2005, 04:58 »
I worked and lived in Calvert for almost 13 years.  I loved the area.  I also made a tiddy sum when I moved and sold my house.  I doubt that I'll ever live there again, but I will be visiting.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #177 on: Feb 14, 2005, 05:33 »

All that still doesn't justify the cost of living in the area.  Especially for houses!
dude.... that area ain't that expensive fer the locale.  yinz gotta compare it to similar areas, 'n yule find it to be very reasonable.  that place is a freakin major playground for washington, dc, 'n those boys (pc incorrect, eye noe, sew su me) pay big bucks to play.  compare that col to areas that are an hour out of nyc, la, chicago, and are playground areas..... water, shore, bars, restaurants, etc, 'n yewl see what i meen.
'n iffen ya ever wanna make a statement, go fly fishing anywhere around there.  last time i did that, i had traffic backed up at the beach access area at the ranch club.

kwicslvr

« Reply #178 on: Feb 15, 2005, 10:18 »
DC = murder capital of the country.    Never walk around there at night, anywhere.  Speaking of property....3 bedroom house with no garage and 1200sqft on .19 acre can't be had below $250,000 for one in okay shape.   This is not brick either.  This is the norm in Calvert county.  St. Mary's is a little cheaper but is quickly getting more expensive.  Go north of Calvert and things quickly go above 300k.

Looking at areas around other plants.....I found one that was 4 bedroom 2 1/2 car garage, 3000sqft, riverfront w/boat dock, brick house on 3 acres for $225,000.  This is the norm for most plant locations.   Not here though unless you live in over inflated CA or NY.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: Feb 15, 2005, 01:04 »
Funny... my house in one of the more desireable neighborhoods on .8 acres, 3 br, 2 bath, fireplace, 2 car garage and a spa room off of the reasonably large master suite was comped at 250k last summer. Maybe I need to go find the agent that is giving kwicslvr his information.

As far as the other house being normal for other plants, I am not so sure. Some, yes, but not most of the ones I have been going to. I don't want to live where most of those plants are. Perhaps others feel the same way and that is why it is so cheap in those areas.

You are right about DC. I only go there during the day, when I go. Rather go to Annapolis, which is one of the best cities I have ever been to, and just a little closer.

Everyone finds value in different things. Most of what I value I find around southern Maryland for a reasonable price. Not everyone will feel that way. To each his own.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #180 on: Feb 16, 2005, 09:34 »
I know the house I sold  would now be selling for about $250K or a little more.  It's what the market will bear.  The place I live now isn't nearly as nice an area, but it is significantly cheaper.  If I had my current house and property (water front) in the Solomons area it would easily be worth aboout $400K.  Here in northern Ohio it's worth about $220K.  I like my current house much better, but not the area.

kwicslvr

« Reply #181 on: Jun 21, 2005, 07:32 »
Well ain't this place sure looking purty!  I'd say at least a cool mil has been spent dressing it up for tomorrow. ::)  Money that could of been better spent elsewhere!

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #182 on: Jun 22, 2005, 07:17 »
It was a pretty plant to begin with.  Nothing is to good for Dubya.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: Jun 22, 2005, 07:27 »
Well ain't this place sure looking purty!  I'd say at least a cool mil has been spent dressing it up for tomorrow. ::)  Money that could of been better spent elsewhere!

That is a pretty typical preparation for a high visibility visit. Here at St. Lucie there was a lot of money spent on landscaping that happened to coincide with the INPO visit. Most of it was repairing damage from the hurricaines, but it sure did spruce the place up just in time.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

usetobe

« Reply #184 on: Jun 22, 2005, 03:04 »
My Gosh, George Bush in a Control Room,  scary thought!  :D
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2005, 03:06 by Hi Rad Drifter »

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #185 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:09 »
Fortunately, almost ALL of the opeaators in America's nuclear power plants have their degrees from Thomas Edison State College.  They'll just have to refrain from looking down their noses at GWB and his inferior Ivy League Diplomas
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #186 on: Jun 23, 2005, 08:38 »
Talked to a friend at Calvert last night and they did indeed spend about 1 million on sprucing the place up.  Sounded like Dubya's visit went well.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #187 on: Jun 24, 2005, 08:16 »
Hey HOUSEPUKE I wounder if GEORGE W. ate in the cafateria at calvert and got his food served to him by the SHIM.
He may have said you make a damn good burger for Traney.
I did read and article that if calvert gets approval from the gov.they will build unit 3 at the same site.I guess they have the room for it????

I think it is so great W. is so pro nukes.The problem is the new plants will be ready when we all retire.

kwicslvr

« Reply #188 on: Jun 25, 2005, 06:52 »
Hey HOUSEPUKE I wounder if GEORGE W. ate in the cafateria at calvert and got his food served to him by the SHIM.
He may have said you make a damn good burger for Traney.
I did read and article that if calvert gets approval from the gov.they will build unit 3 at the same site.I guess they have the room for it????

I think it is so great W. is so pro nukes.The problem is the new plants will be ready when we all retire.
LOL.  Unfortunately SHIM is no longer here.  That would of been funny tough!   They actually have the area marked off to build UNIT 3 if it was to happen.  It would be in it's own protected area just north of the current site on the cliffs also.

nikej24

« Reply #189 on: Oct 20, 2005, 03:32 »
If you miss the Tiki Bar opening, then Catamarans is the place to be.

sweetpea

« Reply #190 on: Oct 20, 2005, 03:44 »
lotta cool little bars on solomons island if you're into that. nice people to work with in the plant also {k-line girl}

kwicslvr

« Reply #191 on: Oct 23, 2005, 06:57 »
The Captains Table in Solomons is also an excellant place to eat.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: Oct 23, 2005, 12:08 »
The Captains Table in Solomons is also an excellant place to eat.

Next time I am home I will tell Jeannie and Bob (they own the Captain's Table and Guido's in Lusby) that they made the honor role.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #193 on: Oct 25, 2005, 06:28 »
there's a freekeen starbucks in lex park?  dang, next thing yew'll tell me is that their chargeen big bux fer one a dem 1/2 trailers ina trailer park there.

k-linegirl

« Reply #194 on: Dec 18, 2005, 07:09 »
Rooms for rent $125.00 a week utilities included. 10 miles from the plant, lusby area in the chesapeake ranch club. IM me for number.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #195 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:25 »
I have been invited to Calvert to interview as a Chemistry Tech.

Any words of wisdom out there.

Combing through the Talk Abouts, I have a suspicion the real estate is expensive, but there has to be some reasonable places within an hour's drive?

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #196 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:37 »
Depends on whether you have school aged children.  There is no comparison between the Calvert County & St. Mary's County school systems.  If there are no children, look south of the plant in St. Mary's county for bang for your housing buck in that area.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #197 on: Jan 11, 2006, 09:34 »
No children at all or in the near future.

Are there any major shopping areas around? I ask these questions on my wife's behalf.

Whats a wife to do for household needs around the area?

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #198 on: Jan 11, 2006, 01:16 »
Major shopping centers near Calvert Cliffs are in Waldorf, Annapolis or DC.  There are Walmarts and Target stores for everything else.  Annapolis is probably my favorite area to visit.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #199 on: Jan 11, 2006, 01:52 »
So when you all speak of reasonable living, what specifically to you mean?

I will probably be in the 300-400K max range and prefer quality over quantity. I had to decline a job offer in MD before (Germantown, MD) because of the outrageous cost of living.

I am looking for a minimum of a 3/2.

Is this a possibility?

Also, do people at Calvert commute in from California and further west into VA. Its kind of a unique geography around there and was wondering if people relied upon ferries and bridge access to commute.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #200 on: Jan 11, 2006, 02:27 »
Commute from California ??? Pretty long drive, unless of course you are talking about having a Lear Jet. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2006, 02:28 by PWHoppe »
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #202 on: Jan 11, 2006, 02:34 »
A joke <sigh> some of my best material gets lost in translation. :D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Rakes67

« Reply #203 on: Jan 13, 2006, 11:53 »
Anyone looking for lodging @ Calvert for the steam generator replacement?

I know of several homes/Apts for rent. Send me an email I can set ya up with some phone numbers.

Im looking for  a Hotel,Motel or apt. near Calvert Cliffs ,any help would sure be nice

k-linegirl

« Reply #204 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:42 »
So when you all speak of reasonable living, what specifically to you mean?

I will probably be in the 300-400K max range and prefer quality over quantity. I had to decline a job offer in MD before (Germantown, MD) because of the outrageous cost of living.

I am looking for a minimum of a 3/2.

Is this a possibility?

Also, do people at Calvert commute in from California and further west into VA. Its kind of a unique geography around there and was wondering if people relied upon ferries and bridge access to commute.

Housing around here is high. You may be able to find something in the 300 to 400 range and that will be with about .25 arce of land. go to homesdatabase.com web site and search the homes there. Really St.Mary's county isn't all that cheap either. But the Southern part of the county is cheaper then the northern part of the county. As far as commuting I am not sure about that. We don't have ferries.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2006, 03:26 by k-linegirl »

basketlady

« Reply #205 on: Jan 14, 2006, 12:44 »
I just got word on the 10th ( my B-day) that I will be going to"The Cliffs" as I call it. I'll be staying in Lexington Park ...about 20 min drive if you leave at a good time ( I usually work nights) . On the St. Mary's side you have more food places to pick from on your way to work. I'm staying at the Days Inn .. $52 a night . Room has kitchenette , microwave , and coffe maker. See you there....

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: Jan 15, 2006, 09:43 »
Housing around here is high. You may be able to find something in the 300 to 400 range and that will be with about .25 arce of land. go to homesdatabase.com web site and search the homes there. Really St.Mary's county isn't all that cheap either. But the Southern part of the county is cheaper then the northern part of the county. As far as commuting I am not sure about that. We don't have ferries.

I own a house here that is on 3/4 acre (with about 10 acres undeveloped around it) that I paid $100K for in 2000 (below market at the time). I just got my most recent tax assessment for the property that shows it at 297K so the value is probably a bit higher. It is 3/2 w/2 car garage, big deck out back and built-in jacuzzi in its own room off the master bedroom. I am sure there are others around here comparable to it (although maybe not the jacuzzi). $300 - 400K still buys some house here.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Rad Sponge

« Reply #207 on: Jan 17, 2006, 09:45 »
Got through the testing and had a wonderful interviewing experience. The HR and Interviewing people were very very very hospitable. The plant was very clean (post-Presidential Visit probably explains it).

The area is beautiful and I have been stuffing myself with Crab Cakes all day.

I extended my visit to travel around S. Calv County et al.

JMK

P.S. Has anybody ever blanked out during a POSS/TSS and forgotten for about 45 seconds how to do basic arithmetic? LOL

Ava

« Reply #208 on: Jan 25, 2006, 03:38 »
First timer at calvert cliffs, looking for reasonable lodging with nearby laundry. Camping isn't an option for me.

kwicslvr

« Reply #209 on: Jan 28, 2006, 04:32 »
You should have no problem finding a nice 3/2 for less than 400k.   We live up in Chesapeake Beach in 2000sqft 4/2 on a .25 acre that is worth right around 300k now.  Farther south you go the less expensive it can be.  The area has a big part to play also.  Right down the road from us are 600-800k houses and a new house a block over just sold for 475k.

03zrider

« Reply #210 on: Jan 30, 2006, 08:59 »
does anyone know if there are any campground that is open this time of year?

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #211 on: Jan 30, 2006, 09:44 »
I am about to accept a full time position at Calvert.

The contractor Calvary arrives in early Feb for the outtage. I am hoping to relo up there sooner.

I am looking for an effeciency or room to rent for a few months until I bring up the Missus.

PM me if you have any specifics.

Look forward to working with you all. I'll be in the Chemistry lab.

JMK

I cant find the number but look around a gentleman by the name of Jeff Green should be able to assist you with that....while I was at calvert I rented a small cabin from him for 300 a week and he also offers larger accomodations as well.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #212 on: Jan 30, 2006, 09:48 »

I believe it was called the take it easy campground. I rented someones falling in camper for a week until it started leaking around me.  Nice bunch of folks that run it but the showers wont be open for a bit.  lot rent was around 300-375 a month but it is across the bridge and is a bit of a drive to the plant.  heres a listing of camp grounds around the lusby area

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&hs=wNu&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=campgrounds&near=Lusby,+MD+20657&sa=X&oi=localr

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2006, 12:38 by Nuclear NASCAR »

03zrider

« Reply #213 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:04 »
thanks for the reply,i am heading out this friday i may leave the camper a home this time if i cant find something closer .i looks like rent for a room there is pretty cheap

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #214 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:10 »
no problem....all just depends on the time of yr there....the tiki festival can make things expensive but the drinks are good;) just make sure you have a reservation before getting there.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #215 on: Jan 30, 2006, 10:56 »

Dennis point marina  301/994-2280
Take it easy retreat & campground 301/994-0494
Patuxent camp sites 410/586-9880

Patuxent is the closest, ~6 or 7 miles. I think Take it easy is closer than Dennis point. Good luck
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2006, 10:59 by radbitch »

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #216 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:46 »
Room for rent. I don't know if it has been rented or not. Saw it on the board of the Atlantic offices.
Email me for #.
It is a bedroom w/ private bath, I think is was $150.00 aweek.
5 miles from the plant, St. Leonard area.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #217 on: Feb 02, 2006, 06:21 »
Ok I found a place to live in California, MD.

Thanks to all who have been sending me Calvert Info.

See you later.

JMK

kwicslvr

« Reply #218 on: Feb 04, 2006, 05:55 »
I signed up with Bartlett to be a SHP tech at the Calvert Outage.

Kind of funny that as soon as the outage is over, I start there as a FT House Chemistry Technician.

LOL.  That is funny.....See ya real soon then!

DHHII

« Reply #219 on: Feb 06, 2006, 02:14 »
Howdy to all those in the know.  Another Bartlett SrHP here coming in on the 13th and looking to snag a place to stay before I get there so that I don't have to spend all my in-processing time on the phone looking.  So, if there are those who know of rooms or good deals where I don't have to spend all of, or more than, my perdiem please send them my way.  I am not all that fussy nor am I above sleeping on the floor considering that I did just that on the AT.  A room in a house would be just fine if anyone knows of one.  I am quiet and I don't smoke.

Thanks in advance,

Don

DHHII

« Reply #220 on: Feb 06, 2006, 10:42 »
I have found a place and am no longer in need of additional info.  My thanks to those who helped.

DHHII

RADBASTARD

« Reply #221 on: Feb 08, 2006, 10:10 »
I got a room in lexington park at the super 8 for $384 a week.It's high all apound the area god only knows why?

Rad Sponge

Who's up for a drink?
« Reply #222 on: Feb 11, 2006, 02:53 »
Looking forward to meeting everyone on Monday.

If anybody wants to get together for a drink or meal this weekend, let me know.

PM me and I'll give you my mobile.

C'ya soon.

Jason
 ;D

RADBASTARD

« Reply #223 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:53 »
to bad we won't be there this time for the tiki bar extravaganza.I'd need a week of detox after that

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #224 on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:33 »
How goes the outage so far?  Hope it is going well and everyone is staying safe.

kwicslvr

« Reply #225 on: Feb 23, 2006, 08:00 »
If I could sit down for a minute I could tell ya but I've been running my arse off forthe last 4 days!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #226 on: Feb 25, 2006, 10:56 »
If I could sit down for a minute I could tell ya but I've been running my arse off forthe last 4 days!

Join the crowd!!!! Over WORKED and under STAFFED!!!!!  and under PAID!!

duke99301

« Reply #227 on: Feb 26, 2006, 12:50 »
was not like that during the 1st SGRP rad Bitch  was having fun...
SGT for ever.....

Rad Sponge

« Reply #228 on: Feb 26, 2006, 05:23 »
It took some time getting used to, but its rolling right along for me.

I have mad respect for those that can do this job month after month.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #229 on: Feb 26, 2006, 08:45 »
Wait until megawatt fever kicks in toward the end of the outage.  That's when the pressure really comes on.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
« Reply #230 on: Feb 27, 2006, 07:39 »
It took some time getting used to, but its rolling right along for me.

I have mad respect for those that can do this job month after month.

Jason,

Glad to hear it's working out for you. Don't forget to have fun. Outages can be a blast, don't let the pressure make you lose sight of the fun side of it.

pat

duke99301

« Reply #231 on: Feb 28, 2006, 02:10 »
has the new guy had the pleasure of meeting the SHIM?

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #232 on: Feb 28, 2006, 07:34 »
The SHIM left a while ago.  The burgers just aren't the same.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #233 on: Mar 01, 2006, 10:49 »
There must be some weird business/zoning laws around deez parts because their isn't one damn place open for food 24-hours.

The IHOP in LP is not open 24, blasphemous. What kind of IHOP straddled by a Nuke Plant and a Navy base is not open 24 hrs or at least opened at 0500.

No Denneys, No Huddle House, No Waffle House. Crazy Yo

All that is opened is some Guidos pub opening at 0600 for beer and 0700 for a breakfast bar. Since the breakfast bar looked worst than the Cliffs cafeteria and since it was 7 i went to Bob Evans. But when you get off at 5, two hours is two too many to wait for breakfast.

What's wrong with the resteraunteers around here?

kwicslvr

« Reply #234 on: Mar 02, 2006, 07:13 »
There's "resteraunts" around here!  Holy cow!!!  Where????? :P

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #235 on: Mar 05, 2006, 06:34 »
There's "resteraunts" around here!  Holy cow!!!  Where????? :P

How many hours or days are we behind.............?

kwicslvr

« Reply #236 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:07 »
No one's saying for sure.  I would put it around 5 days though.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #237 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:54 »
Captains Table Solomon's Island behind the Comfort Inn is open at 630 for breakfast.

It is good.

kwicslvr

« Reply #238 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:13 »
Captains Table Solomon's Island behind the Comfort Inn is open at 630 for breakfast.

It is good.

LOL.  Boy we got you addicted to that place didn't we!  By the way, don't worry about your pooch here...he's juuuust fine!
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006, 11:13 by kwicslvr »

Rad Sponge

« Reply #239 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:34 »
Have fun with my Beagle Pictures.

Let the games begin.

Ohh, by the way, expect two guys from the Outage to drop off their keys to my apartment before they leave on friday night. I expect they will work until 1200 AM and then depart.

I told them to leave the keys with Chemistry.

I'll be back around the 20th

LaFeet

« Reply #240 on: Mar 08, 2006, 07:16 »
there's a freekeen starbucks in lex park?  dang, next thing yew'll tell me is that their chargeen big bux fer one a dem 1/2 trailers ina trailer park there.

They have onna them there coffee shops in Prince Frederick also.... I pass it by to and fro da Cliffs unit 2 outage (#18)

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #241 on: Mar 09, 2006, 08:19 »
Around 5 days behind?  What is going on?

RADBASTARD

« Reply #242 on: Mar 10, 2006, 09:25 »
NOW WE ARE 7 DAYS BEHIND LAST I HEARD!!!!

We did move the head out with the TSP 1st one in history of the world I heard that was changed out

Fermi2

« Reply #243 on: Mar 10, 2006, 10:21 »
You should have no problem finding a nice 3/2 for less than 400k.   We live up in Chesapeake Beach in 2000sqft 4/2 on a .25 acre that is worth right around 300k now.  Farther south you go the less expensive it can be.  The area has a big part to play also.  Right down the road from us are 600-800k houses and a new house a block over just sold for 475k.

HOLY SHIT!!! That's all you get for 300K in that area??? What drives the housing cost up there?

duke99301

« Reply #244 on: Mar 11, 2006, 12:16 »
Should have SGT there on line on time!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #245 on: Mar 11, 2006, 09:52 »

HOLY SHIT!!! That's all you get for 300K in that area??? What drives the housing cost up there?

Proximity to Washington DC and Baltimore
Proximity to Chesapeake Bay
Moderate climate
Crabs fresh out of the water
All the shark teeth you will ever need
The Tiki Bar
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Fermi2

« Reply #246 on: Mar 11, 2006, 10:00 »
I figured  as much. When I interviewed at North Anna in October 2004 we spent three days in the that region. My wife and I vacationed in Williamsburg for something like 3 years in a row and every year we'd spend a night in Fredericksburg. F Burg had very reasonable housing with little or no traffic. So we figured we could get reasonable housing in that area. We hadn't stopped there since 9/11.

SO, we stop in F Burg to stay while I'm interviewing. It was crowded, way too much traffic and the average price of a decent house was well over 200K when in 2000 it had been around 125K or so. I'm talking for maybe 1700 square feet.  I asked the realtor why and she said after 9/11 so many people moved from DC to the outer regions that prices went way up. Moving towards the lake made it even worse.

That and the long drive to work made me say no to their offer.

I'm so glad I live in Tennessee because housing is at least reasonable. For 235K I have 2800 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, huge deck, a private porch, hot tub, jet tubs and a 1700 square foot basement that I'm currently finishing. Plus about  1.25 acres of land (all wooded).

Mike

RADBASTARD

« Reply #247 on: Mar 13, 2006, 05:17 »
Well we are only about 10 days or more at last count behind in the outage.
I think they are woundering if anybody has a spare TSP.at there house for the head that fits.
This one doesn't seem to be the right size.I think it was the metric to english conversion sizing mistake.
They have been grinding the hell out of this one to make it fit and not get stuck.
The head replacement is going great,it's that damn THIMBLE SUPPORT PLATE that's holding it up.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #248 on: Mar 13, 2006, 02:22 »
Sounds like a serious case of Back to the Future.  Comparisons are being made to the 2002 SGRP.

kwicslvr

« Reply #249 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:06 »
I heard startup is for the first week of April.   Secondary will begin startup wednesday from what I'm hearing.

LaFeet

« Reply #250 on: Mar 13, 2006, 07:22 »
All I know is I told them that I gotta leave here before Aril 10th... and they are shaking their heads no......

Anyone got a bigger hammer? :D

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #251 on: Mar 15, 2006, 12:27 »
Y'all still "grinding it out" at the Cliffs?  What's the scoop?

LaFeet

« Reply #252 on: Mar 15, 2006, 06:15 »
According to the engineers "Well....hmmmmm... it donna fit rite.... gsta wiggle it a lil more afor itll fall down"

As of today, it does not fit correctly and will not sit on the surfaces.  I told them they need a bigger T-Post driver and just drive it in.    Diving ops sometime next month - may be ???

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #253 on: Mar 15, 2006, 07:28 »

Hey SD,
Were sitting fat and happy at the hatch...... Not much going in or out cause they can't get the crane from the TSP group. They did install a 1/2 million dollar temp crane on the pzr for the outage. It's definetly been an interesting outage....Flash backs of the SGR from hell and the same unit.

LaFeet

« Reply #254 on: Mar 15, 2006, 08:18 »

They bought off on the TSP...... aka Square Peg inna Round Hole.  Moving onto the next oops...  :P

RADBASTARD

« Reply #255 on: Mar 15, 2006, 10:50 »
We are now 13 days behind schedule. TSP or BUST!

LaFeet

« Reply #256 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:58 »
13, 15 whatever it takes.   Got the TSP slide through the chees grater, now the EDM debaucle begins :-X

LaFeet

« Reply #257 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:00 »
Hey RadBastard,  at this rate it looks like we might hit the Tiki Bar before you depart fo St Lucie  ;D

RADBASTARD

« Reply #258 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:05 »
Yeah if it didn't burn down with half of the island like what happened the other day there,Half the island went up in flames on solomons island.

LaFeet

« Reply #259 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:11 »
Tikis hold fire... not burn themselves... besides, all the alcohol has to burn away first  ;)

kwicslvr

« Reply #260 on: Mar 17, 2006, 03:58 »
Well at least there's a good view from the Tiki Bar now! ;D

RADBASTARD

« Reply #261 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:47 »
Tonight they are suppose to start diving ops.I don't want to be tech A.
I hope they are bringing in jacque quostoe and phillpe from the dead to do the diving.
Maybe they will find the titanic down there.

LaFeet

« Reply #262 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:05 »
Hell... If they actually got the dive surveys done before I came in tonight.....

Let's see....  8-9 days diving,  10-12 days refuelling, and then 32-3 days buttoning up....

Money Money Money   ;D

Guess RadBastard will be here with me until the end... Tiki Bar here we come   8)

LaFeet

« Reply #263 on: Mar 21, 2006, 06:36 »
Managed the first round of divers.... I would like to know what idiot thought that herculite is water proof....

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #264 on: Mar 21, 2006, 08:48 »
What about the water logged lead blankets from the dive tower?

LaFeet

« Reply #265 on: Mar 21, 2006, 09:08 »
What about the water logged lead blankets from the dive tower?

The were bled like a stuck piggy......and come on... they were waterproof, just ask the engineers :o

RADBASTARD

« Reply #266 on: Mar 24, 2006, 03:00 »
I can't believe we are starting diving again.Man that was a great pot luck tonight.
I'm surprised you didn't try the excuse that we can't go in the water for an hour we just ate{alot},so no diving for awhile.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #267 on: Mar 24, 2006, 05:58 »
Yes that was good pot-luck.  The sausage pasta was my favorite.  I bet you liked that too, tom.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #268 on: Mar 24, 2006, 06:48 »
I'm sure he did like it.
Those crab balls from STONEYS were great all crab meat and the fried wontons lafeet made were awesome.The desserts were good for another 5 lbs.,but hamsamich's salad wasn't to good and looked old, so somebody tossed his salad.
Overall everthing was great so we should do it again next week.

LaFeet

« Reply #269 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:09 »
Next week I think I might bring in some roulad or chicken wings

kaveman32

« Reply #270 on: Mar 24, 2006, 10:22 »
Or we can have the cafe wip up some howard's or romo's for the bunch. for a nice parting gift.

LaFeet

« Reply #271 on: Mar 25, 2006, 03:02 »
Managed to complete the diving this morn...... Now for the real fun to commence.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #272 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:21 »
Anybody that has worked Calvert knows about the famous Solomons Island. Home of the Tiki Bar. They had a massive fire on the Island last week that took out two historic restaurants. The Lighthouse Inn and Bowens Inn. If it wasn't for the fire boats responding so quickly the whole end of the Island would have burned too, including the Tiki Bar. For video of the fire go to
www.thebaynet.com Then look under the bay net video for Solomons in flames. It's pretty good video. I also have several pictures I could email if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2006, 06:25 by radbitch »

jjordan

« Reply #273 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:04 »
Too bad about the fire! The ony picture I would be interested in would be of you though! How you holding up? We are going to run over too. We have a crack in the Core Spray piping in the vessel. AREVA is suppossed to be making some sort of clamp, but they are already several days behind, on top of the 6 days they initially said it would take to install it. They are talking about underwater weld repairs now (divers), ohh boy! :-*
JJ

LaFeet

« Reply #274 on: Mar 25, 2006, 08:14 »
Most of our divers were headed to Palisaids (spelling??) , the others decided to work only non nuke jobs..... At least they all got out clean

kaveman32

« Reply #275 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:18 »
maybe 2 more weeks of fun left to be had..

LaFeet

« Reply #276 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:19 »
Yeah... maybe two more weeks of Merry Maid activities before refuelling....

kaveman32

« Reply #277 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:23 »
cha ching ;D

LaFeet

« Reply #278 on: Mar 26, 2006, 07:29 »
We need to start a pool when CC will hit Mode 3.... I say April 21 06.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2006, 07:30 by LaFeet »

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #279 on: Mar 26, 2006, 07:39 »
That will put you there for the Tiki Bar opening.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #280 on: Mar 26, 2006, 08:24 »
That will put you there for the Tiki Bar opening.

Tiki Bar opening is the 21st. I hope to be outta here by then. Stoneys Broomes Island opening is the 15th I heard.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2006, 08:36 by radbitch »

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #281 on: Mar 26, 2006, 08:33 »
Too bad about the fire! The ony picture I would be interested in would be of you though! How you holding up? We are going to run over too. We have a crack in the Core Spray piping in the vessel. AREVA is suppossed to be making some sort of clamp, but they are already several days behind, on top of the 6 days they initially said it would take to install it. They are talking about underwater weld repairs now (divers), ohh boy! :-*
JJ

And what kind of picture would that be JJ? LOL  Holding up great! One day busy busy and then sit the next. Got 2 days off this week! Fuel onload is suppose to start today at 1500, but the schedule and critical path changes like the weather around here. Guess I'll find out when I get back to work on Tuesday. OXOX

k-linegirl

« Reply #282 on: Mar 27, 2006, 03:23 »
We need to start a pool when CC will hit Mode 3.... I say April 21 06.

I will take that bet with you

Labrador

« Reply #283 on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:21 »
Is Missy F still working there during outages?  Worked CCNPP from 90 to 95

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #284 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:01 »
Yes she is still there.  She occasionally posts on this board, so I am sure that she will IM you.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #285 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:34 »
Is Missy F still working there during outages?  Worked CCNPP from 90 to 95

Yea, she's still working Calvert outages.....Who's asking?

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #286 on: Mar 28, 2006, 01:20 »
Since we're asking, are Carol Gibbs and Chris Brevig still there? Lost touch years ago.
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #287 on: Mar 28, 2006, 02:33 »
Since we're asking, are Carol Gibbs and Chris Brevig still there? Lost touch years ago.

Carol has been gone, Brevig is still here working Dosimetry.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #288 on: Mar 30, 2006, 04:13 »
We are even getting a Outback Restaurant in Prince Frederick...... It's going in near the Super 8.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #289 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:28 »
yinz gotta super 8 in pee eff?  itz gotta bee da onliest won chargeen >$100/nite ona weekly plan, huh?

LaFeet

« Reply #290 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:40 »
yinz gotta super 8 in pee eff?  itz gotta bee da onliest won chargeen >$100/nite ona weekly plan, huh?

The only chagre 100 bucks ??? I want my money back..... :P

LaFeet

« Reply #291 on: Apr 04, 2006, 11:41 »
The end is near... light beaming in from the tunnel's edges.

I have truly enjoyed my stay here at Calvert Cliffs and working with some outstanding personnel.  Hoping to make it back this way next year for unit 2's outage.

I also look forward to unit 1 shutting down in two years... that outta be a hot time.  :P

Mode 4 on the 4th... yahooooooo

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #292 on: Apr 05, 2006, 02:25 »
What about the merger / acquisition by FP&L?
I haven't heard anything lately.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #293 on: Apr 05, 2006, 02:54 »
That will be the next worry once they hit Mode 1.

LaFeet

« Reply #294 on: Apr 05, 2006, 07:39 »
What about the merger / acquisition by FP&L?
I haven't heard anything lately.....

Everything is supposed to be progressing smoothly.....

Just like this past outage....

RADBASTARD

« Reply #295 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:22 »
hey lefeet I bet u wish u were on the road now with hamsamich?
I bet it's hectic there with most of the techs gone?
radbastard
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2006, 10:32 by Nuclear NASCAR »

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #296 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:48 »
Hey RadBastard can't get notin done here.
Did ya see the recent pic's for Calvert? They found the cause of the fire in Solomons! Gotta love it! Go to the recent uploads in the picture section.....

LaFeet

« Reply #297 on: Apr 05, 2006, 11:53 »
hey lefeet I bet u wish u were on the road now with hamsamich?
I bet it's hectic there with most of the techs gone?
radbastard

It aint that bad.... all the house techs are offering foot and back rubs.  Just trying to entice the few remaining contractors to stay until mode 1 (sometime around mid June at this rate).

I will see Ham(CBsamich next week... he better be nice cause I will have his last check with me.....

Take care - LaFeet

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #298 on: Apr 09, 2006, 11:26 »
So what's up with Calvert. Heard they have to pull the new head back off?
Something about a bent fuel rod???
Anybody go any info?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #299 on: Apr 09, 2006, 04:01 »
you've got to be kidding me.  I just came from there and I was on nights refuel.  I gotta hear this one!

LaFeet

« Reply #300 on: Apr 09, 2006, 10:46 »
Ahhhh  ummm seems to me that they have dropped back into Mode 3 because a rod failed to coopererate...

I thought about calling and seeing if they needed me to come back in.... NOT :P

Rad Sponge

« Reply #301 on: Apr 10, 2006, 06:36 »
Rumors.....

Everything is OK, S/U is proceeding and Mode 1 is goal for this afternoon.

There was no bent rod, but still rod control issues existed.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #302 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:23 »
maybe the TSP is bent now evrything else was wrong with it????

Alara Dude

« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2006, 07:30 »
I love calvert cliffs so much, it is the best place to work. go calvert

phantomfire1

« Reply #304 on: Oct 19, 2006, 11:22 »
Now that ya'll are all tired of the Tiki Bar and the Isl. Come on over to our side, in St Mary's.....Cheeseburger in Paradise, Outback, Dameins, 2 new Mexican places, 2 new Japanese places, most excellent food, J.C. Penny's; Belk's;  B.J.'s; Target; Petco; Ross;etc. And to think I almost left this place.....want to know more?

Rad Sponge

« Reply #305 on: Dec 06, 2006, 08:46 »
I got a room in lexington park at the super 8 for $384 a week.It's high all apound the area god only knows why?

Has anyone signed up for CC U2 Outage?

I may have a room or 2 to rent out.

PM me for more details.

No smokers, No freaks. LOL

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #306 on: Jan 04, 2007, 07:00 »
2 Bedroom apartment for rent in Kenwood beach, ~ 5 miles from plant.
Fully furnished, except for W/D, private entrance.

Also, possible 1 bedroom apartment in St. Leonard. Furnished w/ W/D.

Email me for details.....
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2007, 07:05 by radbitch »

cmorgan35

« Reply #307 on: Jan 07, 2007, 02:48 »
Rooms for rent in 3 BR, 1 BA house, newly renovated.

Located 10 minutes from Calvert Cliffs, in Kenwood Beach.

Furnished, clean and comfortable, fenced private yard, one block from Chesapeake Bay.

1 Large bedroom and 2 smaller bedrooms available.

Available after Jan 15. NON SMOKERS ONLY.

contact morgan@chesapeake.net form more details.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #308 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:54 »
Both Apartments that I posted have been rented. If I get anymore leads I will post them.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #309 on: Jan 13, 2007, 08:00 »
2 bedroom furnished apartment in Broomes Island ~10-12 miles from plant.
$150.00 aweek per room, includes electric and cable.
410/586-2124

Room for rent in White Sands ~1/2 mile from plant
$200 aweek
Mike 301/758-2920

This is a possible rental. I'm waiting on a call on it. As soon as I know something I will post.
New furnished efficiency off of Broomes Island road ~ 8-10 miles from plant.
$300.00 aweek, includes electric and cable

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2007, 08:09 by radbitch »

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #310 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:47 »
Room for rent ~ 30 miles from plant
410/257-9259

go-lsu-fan

« Reply #311 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:21 »
I need info on and apartment around this area any help appreciated........Thanks Dennis

go-lsu-fan

« Reply #312 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:39 »
I was tying to reach you radbitch to see if you know of anything else.................Dennis email addy is katiebob1995@yahoo.com

Sean13126

Need a roommate for Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #313 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:25 »
I will be making it to Calvert on Feb 17th, looking for a roommate.  2 bedrooms around $300 a week.  I will be working nights, more information email me at Batman2640@yahoo.com
Sean

codster500

« Reply #314 on: Feb 04, 2007, 05:40 »
Room for rent

House privileges!
Washer & Dryer
$150 week
15 min. from Calvert cliffs

Email-----bwillie06@yahoo.com

karag

« Reply #315 on: Feb 10, 2007, 12:45 »
Detached Garage Apartment for Rent
2 bedrooms (upstairs)
full kitchen & living room (downstairs)
furnished (kitchen table, beds, office desk)
electric/cable
Located on Rt. 4, 10 miles to plant (prince frederick)
$200/week
410-586-2423
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2007, 08:33 by karag »

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #316 on: Feb 10, 2007, 10:43 »
Do you have a contact number or E-mail address for this ?  Thank You in Advance.

Rad Sponge

« Reply #317 on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:30 »
I love calvert cliffs so much, it is the best place to work. go calvert

So, how is outage really going?

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #318 on: Mar 06, 2007, 05:00 »
Yeah, Calvert is a great place to work...If you like the moronic micro managment practices..Camera's,headsets,constant badgering.Are you done yet,what's taking so long etc...Never again...
Call Before You Dig!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #319 on: Mar 06, 2007, 06:59 »
I like calvert, although there is some truth to that, but it is better than the alternative, no oversite, hectic.  I like calvert overall, and the people there are very supportive and nice.

kaveman32

« Reply #320 on: Mar 08, 2007, 12:50 »
FUELDRYER, i dont know how life in the can was but on the outside everything was great atleast from my perspective, well accept for Mrs. xxxxxxx but thats another story. you couldnt ask for a better bunch of night shift house techs.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007, 05:45 by Marlin »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #321 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:41 »
Yo Kave,
All the RP's, house and big blue are great! Couldn't ask for a better bunch...kudo's to all of them...
Call Before You Dig!

oldodge52

« Reply #322 on: Mar 09, 2007, 12:04 »
All the RP's, house and big blue are great! Couldn't ask for a better bunch...kudo's to all of them...

Shucks, thanx!

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #323 on: Mar 09, 2007, 06:27 »
12 more shifts to GO!!!!!! ;D
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #324 on: Mar 10, 2007, 12:43 »
Biloxi Blues , Craps7,hamslamich,and lefeet it's just not the same without you here.
OH I hope that was ok for me to say,so I won't get this post deleted by a moderator again.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2007, 12:58 by RadBastard »

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #325 on: Mar 10, 2007, 06:23 »
Hey RadBastard,  How the hell are you?
I'll bet the 'Cliffs is way different than when I was there.
Here's a shout out to the 'Cliffs (for those of you that might remember me). ;)

Duke_Nukester

Local Flavor - Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #326 on: Mar 12, 2007, 04:21 »
I found an amazing place to eat while at The Cliffs.  On state Rte. 214 East of Rte. 2 just south of Annapolis is a wonderfully eclectic Irish joint called Killarney's Restaurant and Pub.  Looks a little on the dive side from the road, however, once you enter it becomes an engaging scene of beautiful red pine, and colorful stained glass windows, with some rustic things of the past on the walls.  Very family oriented on the restaurant side they have low volume traditional Irish music playing, comfortable lighting, and a spacious split level dining room.  Now the important stuff...a wide variety of traditional irish fare that is as tasteful as it is appeasing to the eye.  Very nice beverage selection and the beer is ice cold.  A great place to stop and enjoy on your day off while you take a little tour of Annapolis.  Please remember enough roadies meet with unfortunate circumstances traveling America's highways sober that we don't need to add more to the statistics by driving drunk.  Hope everyone finds this helpful!

Rad Sponge

Re: Local Flavor - Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #327 on: Mar 12, 2007, 07:33 »
I found an amazing place to eat while at The Cliffs.  On state Rte. 214 East of Rte. 2 just south of Annapolis is a wonderfully eclectic Irish joint called Killarney's Restaurant and Pub.  Looks a little on the dive side from the road, however, once you enter it becomes an engaging scene of beautiful red pine, and colorful stained glass windows, with some rustic things of the past on the walls.  Very family oriented on the restaurant side they have low volume traditional Irish music playing, comfortable lighting, and a spacious split level dining room.  Now the important stuff...a wide variety of traditional irish fare that is as tasteful as it is appeasing to the eye.  Very nice beverage selection and the beer is ice cold.  A great place to stop and enjoy on your day off while you take a little tour of Annapolis.  Please remember enough roadies meet with unfortunate circumstances traveling America's highways sober that we don't need to add more to the statistics by driving drunk.  Hope everyone finds this helpful!

Its actually West of RT 2 and East of 301, but still on 214.

I should know, I ate with Duke, and I apologize to all those who had to travel the elevators after I got off. However, the exhalations and emminations of irish beer, cider, eggs, and irish fare did allow me to enjoy the experience a little longer.

To all those Bartlett techs on the 45 today....sorry.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #328 on: Mar 13, 2007, 11:12 »
Hey RadBastard,  How the hell are you?
I'll bet the 'Cliffs is way different than when I was there.
Here's a shout out to the 'Cliffs (for those of you that might remember me). ;)

Hey housepuke I still remember you.
Glad to see your still on the planet!!!
Hope all is well with you.....
The place changes more and more every year. Miss ya OXOXOXOX
RB

RADBASTARD

« Reply #329 on: Mar 13, 2007, 07:13 »
Hey Housepuke fuel  movement here has been a disaster.The trolly for the fuel came off the track between the pools and the the sfp fuel grapper on the mast broke for some time.
Now their moving fuel again it's been more than a week I think.
Wish you were back here,ice cream tonight.

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
« Reply #330 on: Mar 13, 2007, 08:53 »
9 More Shift's to go!!!!! ;D :P
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #331 on: Mar 15, 2007, 06:28 »
Heads are gonna roll.........  ;D

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #332 on: Mar 15, 2007, 05:44 »
Rad-bitch is correct, heads rolled yesterday.They cut loose 90% of us refuelers for a few days...life is good.
Call Before You Dig!

LaFeet

« Reply #333 on: Mar 18, 2007, 10:18 »
 Did they get the right TSP this time????   Sorta glad I am not there to experience this outage.  Miss the Rad twins though  ;D

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #334 on: Mar 18, 2007, 12:08 »
The TSP fit perfectly! The divers did all the welds they had to do.Only thing left is to install the new thimble tubes..Life gets better all the time at the Cliffs.
Call Before You Dig!

LaFeet

« Reply #335 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:41 »
 Yee haw... bet that make Ray Wyvil happy...... :P

oldodge52

« Reply #336 on: Mar 19, 2007, 03:32 »
Yee haw... bet that make Ray Wyvil happy...... :P

It does make him happy, his tail's been waggin' like a puppy who's about to go outside to play frisbee. haha. The next few days should be nice and quiet with the fuel going back in the pot. Next week, after most of the techs and deconners are gone, they real fun starts. You all remember getting the TSP cutup station out? And the cavity decon with the 2 R/hr floor (not in spots, the entire FLOOR!)? The LEWA was at the bottom of the ladder, 60 mR/hr! Hey, LaFeet, remember the 40R/hr rag you generated w/ one swipe on the South end cavity? Way to go!!! Since everything went so smooth this year, maybe we won't have the same problems... maybe. Not that it matters, I'm leaving Sat. night so I won't have to spend an entire week in a respirator gettin' dosed out. WOOHOO!!

And since we are talking "RAY", here are a couple of Ray-isms:
"Ohhh myyyy gawwwd, you can't MAKE this s*$t up!"
"Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and atomic explosions" (heard that one yesterday)

t.

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
« Reply #337 on: Mar 20, 2007, 07:44 »
As of 19:40 they have started moving sticks back in the pot ;D Only 3 more shifts to go ;) Then on to Florida sunshine!!!!

Rad Sponge

« Reply #338 on: Mar 21, 2007, 10:46 »
As of 19:40 they have started moving sticks back in the pot ;D Only 3 more shifts to go ;) Then on to Florida sunshine!!!!

Aside from workers unable to resist touching their faces, I hear its been very successful. Thanks to all those whose work is helping me get my weekends back.

Now go break the fingers of the next worker picking his nose in containment.

R/ JMK

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #339 on: Mar 22, 2007, 12:46 »
What's the lastest at the Cliffs? I travel back tomorrow for re-assembly purposes..Heard the minipulator crane broke down,any truth to that...
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #340 on: Mar 22, 2007, 04:26 »
They are currently doing surveys of everything in the pool in preps for flying everything to the hatch..... The plan changes on a hourly basis, but last I heard that was the plan.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #341 on: Mar 22, 2007, 05:16 »
You are the best rad-bitch....
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #342 on: Mar 24, 2007, 06:33 »
Core Onload complete.....Equipment hatch scheduled to go on ~ morning of the 29th......

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel.......:)

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2007, 02:30 by radbitch »

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #343 on: Mar 24, 2007, 02:32 »
Hell, Probably set the head tonight or tomorrow am....
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #344 on: Mar 25, 2007, 03:56 »
Gettin ready to set the head any minute now..........

LaFeet

« Reply #345 on: Mar 26, 2007, 06:39 »
Sounds like itsa good day to body count.   

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #346 on: Mar 26, 2007, 07:19 »
2 more days and I'm north sick and south bound...........

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #347 on: Mar 26, 2007, 03:51 »
Should be spinning studs in right now and tensioning tonight.Seems they got rid of all the RP's already.Won't be long now..
Call Before You Dig!

baddboy

« Reply #348 on: Mar 27, 2007, 05:10 »
hey rad bitch,  I'm allready south and home, really enjoyed working with you and all of the gang. keep in touch,  Willie

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #349 on: Mar 31, 2007, 01:55 »
Finally done at the cliffs.What a ride it's been.All the rp's were great,as were a few others (they know who they are).Maybe I'll come back next time...
Call Before You Dig!

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #350 on: Apr 02, 2007, 07:07 »
hey rad bitch,  I'm allready south and home, really enjoyed working with you and all of the gang. keep in touch,  Willie

Glad you made it home safe Willie. It was a pleasure havin ya on the move in crew!!!!I finished at Calvert on Wednesday. I'm in Alabama now, I start at Farley tomorrow...... Take care and talk with ya soon
OXOXOX
RB

Rad Sponge

« Reply #351 on: Apr 02, 2007, 09:13 »
Glad you made it home safe Willie. It was a pleasure havin ya on the move in crew!!!!I finished at Calvert on Wednesday. I'm in Alabama now, I start at Farley tomorrow...... Take care and talk with ya soon
OXOXOX
RB

It was nice meeting you in person.

See you around the Cliffs.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #352 on: Apr 03, 2007, 08:42 »
It was nice meeting you in person.

See you around the Cliffs.

Same to you JMK, see ya next outage......

baddboy

« Reply #353 on: Apr 04, 2007, 09:53 »
hey radbitch, our buddy sal broke down in north carolina trying to get home, his trip to diablo is cancelled, looks like he trying to make ANO with me, if he gets his trailer repaired. talk to you later, bdby

LaFeet

« Reply #354 on: Apr 26, 2007, 06:42 »
So, hows the outage going.  You guys all getting hammered weather wise?

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #355 on: Apr 26, 2007, 09:17 »
Hey feet,the outage "has" been over.Both units are up and running...duh
Call Before You Dig!

LaFeet

« Reply #356 on: Apr 27, 2007, 03:06 »
Hey feet,the outage "has" been over.Both units are up and running...duh

Ooops   thats what happens when your conducting Beer reviews and on Nukeworker at the same time

Sorry... I meant to post this for the Farley thread

BigTBlawl

« Reply #357 on: Sep 15, 2007, 12:26 »
You can stay at my place big boi.  We can work out payment options.  ;)

RADBASTARD

« Reply #358 on: Nov 18, 2007, 05:14 »
I can't believe that the rates are still the same as before.
I love the plant and the people, but I mean come on.

The per diem has only gone up $5 in 9 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 99' the rates were 20 and 85 plus a $4 and $6 bonus,now its 23 and 90 with a $2 and $3.

Did it get any cheaper to live on solomons island in the last 9 years????????????????

This year it will be a short outage it maybe hard to staff???

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #359 on: Nov 18, 2007, 05:25 »
It's only an 18 day outage. It's not even worth coming here. The biggest job is fuel shuffling this time. I don't think they are going to need too many techs. We have house techs from Ginna and Nine Mile coming down to help.

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #360 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:19 »
So how goes the outage?  No posts after 6 days of outage?  Surely someone has a minute to give an update.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #361 on: Feb 28, 2008, 04:13 »
Kind of a lackluster outage so far. Just fuel shuffle and some minor mods and STPs. No major casualties. The schedule is getting a little tight.

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
« Reply #362 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:37 »
Agreed.  I cant complain or if I did say soemthing I would be compelled into knocking on wood 3 times.  Lack of experience prevents me from saying it is because management is really on the ball, but what the hay.  I hope the smooth road continues.

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #363 on: Feb 29, 2008, 01:50 »
My last post got sent prematurely.  I found a studio apartment in a private residnce for only $550 for the month with all utilities paid and high speed internet.  My ony regret for this outage is that it is a short one.  I wish it could have been 5 weeker instead of only 18 days.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #364 on: Mar 01, 2008, 07:21 »
Unbelieveably the outage is running pretty smooth. I think we are ~1 shift behind schedule. No
OSHA recordables, only 14 PCI's. Fuel shuffel is in progress and suppose to be completed on the evening of 3/3. Waiting on the mad rush of move out.....

RADBASTARD

« Reply #365 on: Mar 01, 2008, 10:49 »
Rad bitch you know how me and the wife love calvert we are sorry we couldn't be there for this one,
it didn't fit.We are at wolf creek and ft calhoun

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #366 on: Mar 02, 2008, 07:00 »
Glad to hear all is going well.  Keep it up.
Hey there Radbitch!

sammoyers

« Reply #367 on: Apr 07, 2008, 03:48 »
Had a great time at Calvert, short outage, but aren't they all. Enjoyed working with everyone. The ONLY drawback was the "Outage Grunge", which cost me two days of work, and endless hours of coughing my head off. See ya for the next one!!! :D
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2008, 03:49 by Silverback »

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #368 on: Sep 17, 2008, 04:46 »
Wow, just got tuned in to the CEG stock fall. What's going on in Mayo-land? Who do you think will step in to buy?

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #369 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:41 »
It looks like Constellation just got sold to a company out of Iowa called Mid-America Energy. They got us at a bargain price.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #370 on: Feb 06, 2009, 10:45 »
CCNPP was a target on "24" this week. We were posing as a chemical plant in Ohio.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #371 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:04 »
Did the pay rate and per diem go up? I heard its is about the same as in 1999 10 yrs ago?

BoilerHP

« Reply #372 on: Feb 06, 2009, 01:17 »
CCNPP was a target on "24" this week. We were posing as a chemical plant in Ohio.

That is rather cool ^, I must admit. How did that affect the security and plant business?

work thru lunch

« Reply #373 on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:59 »
man thats cool that they used it for 24

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #374 on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:42 »
So how is the outage going?  Did y'all survive the snow storm OK?

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #375 on: Sep 30, 2009, 04:34 »
Keep an eye on Constellation job posting. I heard today from radcon that they are looking to hire several techs.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #376 on: Oct 08, 2009, 07:23 »
Keep an eye on Constellation job posting. I heard today from radcon that they are looking to hire several techs.

:)
See ya Feb 8th...
if I make it out of CR-3? 

kwicslvr

« Reply #377 on: Feb 21, 2010, 08:40 »
I hear you boys and girls just had a duel unit trip.  Any info to what happened?  Right before an outage at that!

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #378 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:35 »
Can't really say yet. It's a good thing all the contractors are here though.

vikingfan

« Reply #379 on: Feb 21, 2010, 10:03 »
leaking roof

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #380 on: Feb 23, 2010, 12:58 »
Can't really say yet. It's a good thing all the contractors are here though.

Wish I wuz....
Will be the first outage I've missed since 1997. Tell everyone hey for me.  I'm stuck here in FL @ CR-3 for another who knows how many months...

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #381 on: Feb 23, 2010, 06:33 »
Stuck in Florida for the winter..... life can be so unfair. I'll look for you at Stoney's on BI this summer.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #382 on: Feb 23, 2010, 07:35 »
Stuck in Florida for the winter..... life can be so unfair. I'll look for you at Stoney's on BI this summer.

Now, that's unfair... save me a crabcake.  8)

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #383 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:58 »
We may be out of the outage by then.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #384 on: Feb 27, 2010, 12:19 »
Now, that's unfair... save me a crabcake.  8)

Well hello Mr. Troja.... ;)  a stoneys crab cake would be wonderful right now . The Blue crabs in FL are not the same as MD! nor the crab cakes  

xobxdoc - Florida feels like MD right now... had ice on the windshield when I left work this morning. 28 last night, 35 tonight. I can't wait for it to warm back up.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2010, 12:20 by radbitch »

Offline HousePuke

• Heavy User
« Reply #385 on: Feb 27, 2010, 05:47 »
Did someone say something about Stoney's crab cakes?   :P  I'm in!

vikingfan

« Reply #386 on: Feb 27, 2010, 08:06 »
     Mike,

i will be heading to Stoney's on monday since thats my one day off ! i will make sure to have a crab cake and a yuengling in your honor....LOL stay safe and i will be in touch soon.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #387 on: Mar 15, 2010, 01:23 »
I have an old friend in Gaithersburg I've been meaning to visit.

Supposedly this old icon is re-opening.

The "Sirloiner" was something my Dad introduced me to as we passed through many moons ago.

So tell me, is the reincarnation worthy of the original?

Wow. I haven't thought about Gino's for a long time. One of the original fast food joints... I was eating at Gino's (and Ameche's) before McDonald's was around. Gino's was named after Gino Marchetti ("The Greatest Defensive End in Pro Football History") and Ameche's was named after Alan Ameche (who scored the winning touchdown in "The Greatest Game Ever Played"), both Baltimore Colts in the 50's and 60s. Together they opened Gino-Ameche Foods and had restaurants under both names (the ones in Baltimore were originally Ameche's) but later they were all under Gino's name. They were eventually bought by Marriott and absorbed into the Roy Rogers franchise. So, if it is coming back, it must be under Marriott unless someone bought the name.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline josephmcgee489

• Lurker
Calvert Cliffs
« Reply #388 on: Nov 09, 2023, 04:54 »
What contract company does Calvert Cliff use to bring there electricians in to work.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?